The Official Aim for the Top! Gunbuster Thread

preview of the gunbuster 3d model, going to export it to homeworld 2. it won't be ready so soon because i'm still learning now how to use U/V map, etc. and still need to learn about some homeworld 2 scripting.

gunbusterpreviewnotexture9ql.th.jpg

Holy crap, the animation quality in episode 5 has jumped to near movie quality! When Gainax is in the mood, they animate like no other studio can.

This episode just ROCKS! Now it looks like they are going to finally explain how this series is tied to the original. Although still no "Diebuster", and I'm starting to think there won't be any new giant super robot per say.

Edited by Seven

Those bloomers....would be interesting to see someone in it. Any cosplay pictures? XD

372950[/snapback]

Ask I thou shall recieve. My friend shares my fandom of Gunbuster, so he showed me a link to a photoshot a con friend of his did.

http://lionboogy.livejournal.com/274928.html#cutid1

Also:

http://members.cosplay.com/costume/40420/gallery/

http://members.cosplay.com/costume/40922/gallery/

So great to see Gunbuster cosplay, especially when it's done this well.

374754[/snapback]

Mind if we add these to the GB group over at Yahoo? :)

378954[/snapback]

Do me a favor, and I am asking you this as one of the owners of the GB group at Yahoo. Please do not post those images on the group. I am currently trying to get ahold of original photographer to obtain copyright permission for use on my site. I will let you know when it clears.

Ruin it for the rest of us and I will be mad.

378717[/snapback]

I thought you hated Top O Nerae 2?

378822[/snapback]

I may dislike the series, but that has not stopped me from watching it. I am eventually going to have a few pages devoted to the sequel on my site. I need to watch it to know about it. If you are going to post spoilers, please say so.

378954[/snapback]

Do me a favor, and I am asking you this as one of the owners of the GB group at Yahoo. Please do not post those images on the group. I am currently trying to get ahold of original photographer to obtain copyright permission for use on my site. I will let you know when it clears.

378970[/snapback]

Agreed. While they are posted on a public forum, I'd ask permission of the photographer/cosplayer before posting to something like Yahoo.

You know my opinion, NT, I don't see it as a sequel.

379001[/snapback]

I think they make it pretty clear at the beginning of ep #5 that the two series are connected.

When Nono emerges from the comet in the beginning, she says "No no ri ri ko."

You know my opinion, NT, I don't see it as a sequel.

379001[/snapback]

I think they make it pretty clear at the beginning of ep #5 that the two series are connected.

When Nono emerges from the comet in the beginning, she says "No no ri ri ko."

381520[/snapback]

Yeah I found the comet scene abit mind blowing because of it's implications.

The original series is great!!!!!!! LOVED EVERY BIT OF IT!!! Great story, excellent oldschool animation (screw CG when you have good hand drawn animation), super mecha action and characters that you care for.

I want to thank this thread for always reminding me that I had to see this great series. Finally done so and it was sure worth it.

HLJ has it up for early bird pre-order

http://www.hlj.com/product/SHE039

the good news is that it's not over $600 (it's under $500 USD), but the bad news is I still can't afford it  :(

381760[/snapback]

i preordered it and the SHE Mightgaine, i will post a reveiw when it comes in.

chris

i preordered it and the SHE Mightgaine, i will post a reveiw when it comes in.

chris

381763[/snapback]

Yep, got one also. I have the money for it right now, so I will not be spending it until this order comes in. It will be undoubtedly the most expensive piece of plastic I have ever bought, but it will look nice on my Gunbuster site. I have got to keep the toy page current with the newer stuff coming out.

i prefer to wait the soc gunbuster version. i guess the price will be more interesting, i dont mind if there will be many swaping parts.

i prefer to wait the soc gunbuster version. i guess the price will be more interesting, i dont mind if there will be many swaping parts.

381926[/snapback]

It'll certainly be cheaper but it isn't even know yet if it will be transforming or just a very gimnmicky gokin figure.

somehow i see it being a soc like the getter robo, a diecast non transformable robot and 2 smaller plastic style ships with it

378954[/snapback]

378970[/snapback]

I hope it was ok that I added 39 pics of the new GB model. If not, pm and lmk. Thanks. :)

Edited by Fortress_Maximus

I hope it was ok that I added 39 pics of the new GB model. If not, pm and lmk. Thanks. :)

382226[/snapback]

I do not mind the pictures of the Studio HalfEye kit being posted. The owners would probably consider it advertisement for their product. The cosplay images; however, are a different matter. Although Cosplay.com has them posted, they have permission to do so as they are also posted on the original photographer's site. And, as a matter of fact, I was going to post today that I did receive permission to use Hilary's images, but I still need to get approval from her friend Ali. (Edit: Mind you this is for my site only. I was surprised to find out that both costumes were designed using images from my site. It seems that both Hilary and Ali are big Gunbuster fans also.)

Edited by Noriko Takaya

Well, just got word from Ali today and I have full permission to use her and Hilary's images for my site. I'm going to see if I can wrangle the design pattern they used for the swimsuit and the tunic so I can post it for any female fans wanting to make their own.

By the way, how large is the Studio HalfEye model going to be? I heard it was going to be around 20 or so inches high, but I have never purchased anything from these guys before. If anyone here has ever bought something from them before, could you tell us what size the model was. I'll be pissed if I had to pay $500 for a model that was 7 inches tall. I want it to at least have some size to it.

hi most She stuff is small, but there expensive perfect change stuff is usually bigger. i have their Getter Robo it is about 13 inches this will be about the same, remember unlike normal toylines, Studio Halfeye stuff is limited which makes it much more expensive it is also handmade unlike most toy companies which pump everything out by assembly lines, this is one of the reasons their stuff is more expensive then the normal toys also the fact that they use resin instead of plastic, if you look at any high end resin factory (G-system, B-club, Coreworks, Volks) you will see that resin kits are always exspenive and usually require painting and assembly. these are precolored and already assembled this adds to the cost of it. do not treat it like a normal toy see it as a rare highend collectible and you will not be dissapointed. i have a whole shelf of She stuff and i have yet to be dissapointed myself and i still have more on the way. :)

chris

off topic show off picture :p

picture251.jpg

Edited by zeo-mare

I heard the perfect change Getter leaves more to be desired though. Someone told me its joints are loose and floppy and variuos other problems which i can't remmember. But maybe he was expecting something more durable for the money he paid.

I heard the perfect change Getter leaves more to be desired though. Someone told me its joints are loose and floppy and variuos other problems which i can't remmember. But maybe he was expecting something more durable for the money he paid.

382774[/snapback]

i am not sure where you heard that, the PC Getter is real nice and my most liked peice in my collection, the thing about all she stuff including the upcoming Gunbuster is that the joints will get loose after time due to the material they are made out of , all She stuff comes with a small screwdriver to tighten the joints so you can lock it into the position you want. this is common in all she stuff, they make the joints loose out of box so you can easily transform it then tighten it so it holds position, maybe your friend did not know this. but i love the figures i have and am defiently getting the Gunbuster