The Official Aim for the Top! Gunbuster Thread

SHE have a product page up for their Gunbuster, fully transforming AND with Buster colliders built in.  :blink:

http://halfeye.m78.com/products/gunbuster/.../1_gbuster.html

345523[/snapback]

As expectedfrom SHE. Damn it looks cooL! :blink:

345554[/snapback]

Nuts, you all beat me to the punch! Oh. My. God. :lol:

This is kind of cross between a toy and a resin model kit, yes? I know that they did a Getter Robo toy like this - what was it like? Fragile display piece? Cool but fiddly? Just trying to get an idea of what this puppy might be like...

Nuts, you all beat me to the punch! Oh. My. God.  :lol:

This is kind of cross between a toy and a resin model kit, yes? I know that they did a Getter Robo toy like this - what was it like? Fragile display piece? Cool but fiddly? Just trying to get an idea of what this puppy might be like...

345561[/snapback]

I'm getting one of their figures soon as I've been itching to sample SHE for myself.

They've moved on a fair bit from their early kit only products, they're all now fully built and finsihed out of the box and the newer stuff is supposedly made of stronger resin or whatever it is they use.

Their Goldymarg looks particulary solid and well built.

When I get Dann I'll put my thoughts on the figure and SHE's work in general up for all to see.

It looks awesome, but what it needs is some rubber pieces to cover the joints.  Having them exposed like that is really glaring.

345584[/snapback]

It's not completley finished yet, they might still do that. SHE are usually very good at attention to detail.

Hey Fort Max. Someone on another forum informed me he got the S.H.E perfect transformation Getter, and it was real flimsy. Is SHE stuff durable at all cause from pictures of the Getter, it looks more like something you wouldn't touch often

And of all things, i never expected that you'd get Dann. It isn't the most impressive of mecha designs.

Hey Fort Max. Someone on another forum informed me he got the S.H.E perfect transformation Getter, and it was real flimsy. Is SHE stuff durable at all cause from pictures of the Getter, it looks more like something you wouldn't touch often

And of all things, i never expected that you'd get Dann. It isn't the most impressive of mecha designs.

345828[/snapback]

The perfect change Getter is a work of shear madness, I wouldn't expect something with that many moving parts to be solid.

The Gunbuster is much simpler by comparison.

Dann may not be amazing but I really like the deisgn and love the show, plus it has a much better size/price ratio then most of SHE's tuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, some awesome figures to get.

Anyone watch Pani Poni Dash? Episode 13 has some awesome moments. Though the GG fansubs missed all of them, while Oyasumi caught most. Though they both refer to the cockpit transport is a Gunbuster reference. I'm I forgetting something, or are they both wrong. I know I've seen that sort of of transport device, but not in Gunbuster.

post-1202-1133422115.jpg

post-1202-1133422333.jpg

Wow, some awesome figures to get.

Anyone watch Pani Poni Dash? Episode 13 has some awesome moments. Though the GG fansubs missed all of them, while Oyasumi caught most. Though they both refer to the cockpit transport is a Gunbuster reference. I'm I forgetting something, or are they both wrong. I know I've seen that sort of of transport device, but not in Gunbuster.

348790[/snapback]

Maybe a Diebuster reference? All of the mecha in the original series had hatches of one sort or another to gain entry. There was never any teleportation device.

Exactly what I was thinking. Though they distincly say Gunbuster. Maybe they're confusing it for the hallway Jung and Kazumi are in in the final episode. Frankly, I think they just didn't know and used the GG reference, even when I pointed it out on their website before it was released as incorrect. For the record GG credited the Pani Poni Missile to Giant Robo. How I don't know. Especially when the whole Robo is considerably Buster themed.

Interesting news. It appears that Manga no longer has the rights to the first two Patlabor movies (they're going to be re-released by a new division of Bandai Visual). If Manga is continuing to not renew their licenses, I think this adds weight to the belief that they no longer have Aim for the Top!

Goddamn it, when is someone going to release a sub of the 4th episode of Top O Nerae 2?  I've been waiting for ages.

349362[/snapback]

Actually, it is my belief that Gubuster is the ONLY title Manga still owns the rights to. They will hold onto it until the end of time, never releasing it on DVD.

Actually, it is my belief that Gubuster is the ONLY title Manga still owns the rights to. They will hold onto it until the end of time, never releasing it on DVD.

349411[/snapback]

Sorry to bust your chops, Duke, but it has been officially confirmed by Manga's parent company Anchor Bay Entertainment that they no longer hold the license. Someone over at the Anime News Network was able to confirm it.

Interesting news.  It appears that Manga no longer has the rights to the first two Patlabor movies (they're going to be re-released by a new division of Bandai Visual).  If Manga is continuing to not renew their licenses, I think this adds weight to the belief that they no longer have Aim for the Top!

349295[/snapback]

I actually think that the people who own the actual properties have seen what a mess some of the titles Manga released have become (Dangaioh for one example). It could be that what was once a promising anime distribution company is now going into the toilet. Admit it, there have been times when one or all of us have been pissed off at something they did.

Goddamn it, when is someone going to release a sub of the 4th episode of Top O Nerae 2?  I've been waiting for ages.

349362[/snapback]

349411[/snapback]

Huh??? I was talking about a fansub of Top O Nerae TWO - episode 4.

349362[/snapback]

349411[/snapback]

Huh??? I was talking about a fansub of Top O Nerae TWO - episode 4.

349554[/snapback]

Quoted the wrong post.

Interesting news.  It appears that Manga no longer has the rights to the first two Patlabor movies (they're going to be re-released by a new division of Bandai Visual).  If Manga is continuing to not renew their licenses, I think this adds weight to the belief that they no longer have Aim for the Top!

349295[/snapback]

I actually think that the people who own the actual properties have seen what a mess some of the titles Manga released have become (Dangaioh for one example). It could be that what was once a promising anime distribution company is now going into the toilet. Admit it, there have been times when one or all of us have been pissed off at something they did.

349470[/snapback]

Maybe, but then Gainax was very happy with the work Manga did on Honneamise (excepting the video transfer gaff on the DVD release). I've never heard any confirmation of this theory, other than fan speculation. Honestly, I think they probably don't have it, but are unwilling to admit it (much as they did with Giant Robo and now Patlabor). The best evidence so far was from the poster on the mailing list contacting Anchor Bay for information.

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone picking up the newest Gainax Noriko CM?

http://www.toy-wave.com/php/detail.php?id=6689&table=88

And while we are at it, who has the older one w/the trio? :)

355685[/snapback]

I've already ordered it now that you've shown me. I've also got the new one coin figures ordered and have the old one coin figures as well. I'm thinking the trio you mentioned is the original set of Gunbuster one coin figures.

• 2 weeks later...