No 1/48 VF-1S anytime soon

bandit29

i don't think they're getting rare as opposed to less and less of the US re-sellers are stocking them. the bulk of their business isn't macross and they have to invest their money into other product releases that have more of a following like gundam, TFs, etc. believe it or not macross isn't a big money maker for a lot sellers here, they do it for the love and probably make a small profit off each sale.

but as less and less US sellers stock them, the price in the US will escalate.

Directed at nobody in particular. . .

The only retailer I can think of that doesn't have them. . . but used to have them. . . is TMPAnime.

All the major suppliers that we all use (Neova, Kevin, etc.) still have them in stock and some even have them on sale (which tends to indicate abundance).

Draw your own conclusions.

H

Okay guys. After over an hour of googling, I finally managed to find a place that has the VF-1S Roy in stock, for a reasonable price. It is $159 plus $8.98 ground shipping. So it's $168.93 out the door. I don't know if they charge tax. But I don't think so. So, those of us in states that charge tax will be making some of the mark-up back right there.

Only one caveat though. These are First Edition Roys. I emailed the seller and confirmed this. So, if you can live with a slightly crooked skull symbol on the tail and/or a nose cone that falls off a bit more easily while transforming, go for it.

I've got one on the way. I feel like an idiot because I just sold a 1st Edition one a few months back. And failed to get my second 2nd edition before they all disappeared.

Yes, $159 is a bit more than the $139 that valks often sell for here in the states. But. . . well, they have them. And it sure beats $250 from TISINC99.COM.

Here's the link:

VF-1S Roy (1st Edition) for $159 (new)

so true... I mean, people wouldn't be asking for dinosaurs if they were still around... :p;)

No, if they were still around people would be complaining that they were here.

Then as soon as someone got rid of them all, everyone would be wondering why they didn't save some while they had the chance.

Story of life.

Vostok 7

You know the sad thing is that we all know exactly what is going to happen with these prices too. Look at the crappy MPC's selling for over 200 bucks each, starting at $80.00 and worth about 40.

Now consider the 1/48's, starting at $100 and arguably worth every penny, if they don't re-issue I expect that they will be selling in the $300 range in no time.

Better get them now, because in 6 months, if there are no re-issues from yamato they are going to get exponsive. I went ahead and ordered a Hikaru 1A the day before yesterday and will probably pick up another next week after I get my paycheck if they are still available. Otherwise I am going to be priced right out of ever trying to put together a custom or two.

Better get them now, because in 6 months

you're more than likely right. Especially as seeing how these are the only new Mospeada toys in town, they will probably be sold out. I just can't believe the prices the original MPCs are going for. Outrageous.

Since I've the completist bug, I already preordered Rook over at VE.

Anyone willing to sell their Alpha box? before phatslappy beats me to it?

Yeah, everyone's just gotta make their best guess regarding whether more will come around. If you don't think so, it's now or never.

Personally, I think they probably will release more. And I'm encouraged by the earlier report in this thread and Tam's (a respected, large seller) opinion on the matter.

But, when I finally found these 1st Edition Roys in stock, I figured a $20 markup was worth the piece of mind. So I jumped on it.

TISINC99.COM's price is just too high for me. Even if Yamato never releases more. More power to him if he's selling those to people who have that much desire for one. But that price seems insane to those of us who used to buy them dime-a-dozen at $125.

H

Edit: Links Added.

Edited by Hurin

Hey Hurin,

Thanks for the link to https://www.chibitokyo.com

The VF-1S (1st Edtn.) was the first 1/48 I bought...and applied the fast packs on...and broke the BP8 hinge...sheesh. I've been trying to find VF-1S all over the internet, but they sell from $250 to $275.

I tried posting some messages if other peeps were able to make recast...but, no replies.

Yamato should make that part metal, or strong plastic...what are they thinking! Dont' transform your valkyries with the fastpacks on!

Any of you guys know if 1/48 GBP armor is on the way?

How about 1/48 Thunder Hummer armors?

Any of you guys heard of G-System from Hong Kong?

Booyah!

post-4-1093765952_thumb.jpg

I tried posting some messages if other peeps were able to make recast...but, no replies.

Yamato should make that part metal, or strong plastic...what are they thinking! Dont' transform your valkyries with the fastpacks on!

PM Rohby, he recasts the bp8 part just like the original.

Okay guys. After over an hour of googling, I finally managed to find a place that has the VF-1S Roy in stock, for a reasonable price. It is $159 plus $8.98 ground shipping. So it's $168.93 out the door. I don't know if they charge tax. But I don't think so. So, those of us in states that charge tax will be making some of the mark-up back right there.

Only one caveat though. These are First Edition Roys. I emailed the seller and confirmed this. So, if you can live with a slightly crooked skull symbol on the tail and/or a nose cone that falls off a bit more easily while transforming, go for it.

I've got one on the way. I feel like an idiot because I just sold a 1st Edition one a few months back. And failed to get my second 2nd edition before they all disappeared.

Yes, $159 is a bit more than the $139 that valks often sell for here in the states. But. . . well, they have them. And it sure beats $250 from TISINC99.COM.

Here's the link:

VF-1S Roy (1st Edition) for $159 (new)

Hurin,

Thanks for the heads-up on this site. I just placed an order for a pair of Roys.

:o

Jesus, after being out of the Macross game for a year, I am jumping into the deep end head first! Since Friday I have ordered up 2 1/48 Maxes and now this order! It's already time to give my wallet a break.... :lol:

Thanks for the heads-up on this site. I just placed an order for a pair of Roys.

My pleasure! Happy to help you get back in the game. But I hope I didn't also help you get back into the poor-house!

Mine should be here on Friday. I'll let everyone know the condition of the box and the quality of the packaging.

Best Regards,

H

BP8 is the part you broke. BTW please use punctuation no offense but your sentences are always hard to follow run ons.

lol yours ain't much better ;) j/k

I think we'll see the 1/48s again someday. If there's enough interest Yamato will release them again. Or maybe once the legal nonsense is over, they'll consider releasing them in the US etc.

BP8 is the part you broke.  BTW please use punctuation no offense but your sentences are always hard to follow run ons.

lol yours ain't much better ;) j/k

Heh.

Heheheheheh.

:lol::lol::lol:

doodler7 Posted on Aug 29 2004, 01:17 AM

How about 1/48 Thunder Hummer armors?

izzyfcuk Posted on Aug 29 2004, 03:43 AM

the thunder hummers were custom scratchbuilt isn't it?

Scratch-Built it is, but I sure wish HASEGAWA mass produced this for the general public. Man, after seeing that pic of the T.H. for the first time here on MW,I had to pick up the lower half of my jaw from the floor! :D:lol:

Scratch-Built it is, but I sure wish HASEGAWA mass produced this for the general public. Man, after seeing that pic of the T.H. for the first time here on MW,I had to pick up the lower half of my jaw from the floor! :D:lol:

I was hoping to customise my VF-1S into a Thunder Hammer version when the 1/48 GBP armour comes out. But from the picture above, it looks vastly different from the original GBP armour. Especially the crotch armour and the leg missile launchers.

I think that the owner of TISINC99.COM should get into the oil industry. As fast as the owner(s) raise the price on the 1/48's, I would think that they'd enjoy all of the price hikes they could participate in at the nearest gas station. :D

Seriously, I know that items increase in value after production has ceased. However, if the price increases by $25 a day, that's just pure greed. So to those that are thinking of buying from TISINC99.COM, maybe you should keep looking elsewhere. Looking for the best bargain will eventually force the high priced retailer to lower their prices to fair market value or force them to begin collecting their inventory. :D

Looks like I nabbed my two VF-1S's moments before chibitokyo jacked the price up another 20 bones :huh: . Sorry about that, to any future buyers...

Yeah. . . they were actually listed as out of stock earlier this morning. Musta been taken down while price was adjusted.

Just goes to show. . . no seller is immune to the laws of supply and demand. My guess is that stock is getting pretty tight over there. I emailed after I saw they were out of stock to see if they had sold a lot recently. Haven't seen a response.

doodler7 Posted on Sep 1 2004, 11:47 PM

all i need now is a LOW VIS VF-1A.

Check the FS section of the forums OR go to ebay.com, I believe there's one right now that's going for $300, or what some might call here "an arm 'n a leg"! :lol::D

Edited by connor99

Yeah, I actually got a response to my email. It wouldn't be right to post the entire contents of a private email, but I don't think this one sentence can be considered betraying confidence:

You getting the word out really helped. We have never sold so many of one product in a week, ever

So, I'd say that MWers really made a run on them. I'd also say it's safe to assume that they're running pretty low on stock.

And no, I have not asked, nor have I received any special treatment for "getting the word out."

I actually sent a second email after I saw it come back in stock at a higher price, telling them that a lot of MWers will be pretty disappointed by it. . . though I understand that nobody is immune to the laws of supply and demand.

Anyways, I hope everyone got one before they raised the price. And, if anyone still wants one, it's still better than $250 at TISINC99.COM. But again, these are 1st Editions. Which, together with the $20 price hike, may turn some people off.

Best Regards,

H

Sweet Merciful Crap! I just got my 1S Roy from chibitokyo. I had mentioned in my order that I was hoping for a mint box. So I don't know if they take this much care with all orders. . . but WOW!

This thing arrived in a huge outter box that was very sturdy. Not a ding on it! Then I opened the box to find coarse packing paper. At first, I thought "Hmmm, that could really mar some of the glossiness of the black parts of the box." After the first layer, there was another layer. . . very thick protective packaging. . . and then. . . believe it or not, they had actually taken the time to shrink-wrap the valk box itself!

Now, I don't know how familiar y'all are with shrink-wrapping (I used to shrink wrap video game boxes when I worked at Software Etc. in High school about 15 years ago!). But it doesn't hurt anything. You just put it in a loose shrink-wrap material bag. . . and then use a hair-dryer type blower to heat the plastic, and it shrinks down and clings to the item.

That's what they did. So I now have a 100% mint box that arrived in pristine condition. And I'm going to leave it shrink-wrapped, since this is my "backup" 1S Roy.

I know it sounds like I'm praising these guys too much. . . but this is the best packaging job I've ever seen on the part of a toy seller. No offense to VE or TMP! :)

Anyways, it's too bad that they had to raise their price by $20 in the last few days, otherwise, I'd give them 10/10 stars. Outstanding!

H

P.S. They packaged and shipped before I emailed them about spreading the word on MW and asking them if they had sold a lot lately.

Edited by Hurin

Not to get off the topic or something, but do ya guys wanna hear something funny? I know HURIN would specially get a kick out of this! Anyway, here's the story. I had a chance to speak w/ one of the guys from tisinc earlier this week and he said that they have specially made boxes for sending out 1/48 valks to their respective buyers. Upon hearing that, I got to thinking--if they cared so much about shipping the valks 'n their containers, now why would one of my fellow MWer get a 1/48 box w/ a big ass warping crease :blink: ?! The guy probably thought I wasn't gonna notice when he's blowing smoke up my ass <_< . But I guess I shouldn't have been surprised, 'coz after all they're the ones who gouged the prices on their 1/48 ROY's.

Edited by connor99

But I guess I shouldn't have been surprised, 'coz after all they're the ones who gouged the prices on their 1/48 ROY's.

Actually tisinc's raised prices on most of the 1/48s he's got in stock. I think the only ones he hasn't increased yet are the TV Super VF-1Js. I know he's getting $175 for the Hikaru VF-1S now. The Hikaru VF-1A and Hikaru VF-1J have both gone up like $5 each.

Die, Alien Scum! Posted on Sep 4 2004, 02:09 AM

Actually tisinc's raised prices on most of the 1/48s he's got in stock. I think the only ones he hasn't increased yet are the TV Super VF-1Js. I know he's getting $175 for the Hikaru VF-1S now. The Hikaru VF-1A and Hikaru VF-1J have both gone up like $5 each.

WOW, that is just something else!! I don't think I can be this greedy, even if I tried :huh: !