VF-6 Monster pics on Yamatos website

bandit29

so maybe there is hope for this project after all...i just hope they don't pull the same bull that they did with the 19 FP and the 1/60 monster <_<

I don't think they will pull the same bull, Haro. Whenever Yamato puts it on their website, it's official that they're currently working on this and you can expect that it'll be released on a future date.

Man I really like that sucker.... Looks great! I look forward to seeing a painted proto.

Stupid question: What scale is this supposed to be?

I can almost see the clear blocks of plastic under the batroids crotch preventing him from falling backwards. :D

Looks really good. The photos are from Yamato now, so maybe that's the extent of the transformation. crap, it still looks good. Maybe the only thing bothering me is that the battroid mode looks a little fugly, but oh well. Great detail on the booster area.

Man I really like that sucker.... Looks great! I look forward to seeing a painted proto.

Stupid question: What scale is this supposed to be?

It's 1/100, yet it's big. :D I wonder too how it would looke like painted? I guessing the price range for this baby would be around the $200-$250/ 21,862yen-27,327 yen.

It's still not transformed right. You'd think they would make sure the guy taking the pictures knew how to transform the damn thing.

It's a beautiful toy though so far.

Edited by Anubis

It's still not transformed right. You'd think they would make sure the guy taking the pictures knew how to transform the damn thing.

It's a beautiful toy though so far.

Yeah! He sure doesn't how to pose it right!!! Still, I plan to get this!!! One of my "must haves".

i can't seem to say this enough....

DO NOT DICUSS PRICES ON THE BOARDS!

if you want to discuss prices, please do it through PM's.

why not? I'd pay 500.00 for it lol

Anyone from Yamato reading this I AM JOKING

Some of us need to learn the art of low balling....

I'd pay 20.00 for the Monster

Anyone from Yamato reading this I'M NOT JOKING :lol:

I dunno I might be in the minority here but this "monster" isn't all that appealing to me. It looks good but I'm just not a big fan I guess. The price will be the determining factor for me.

i'd pay one million dollars but thats beside the fact. ;)

if its the same price point as a non-FP valk, yamatos got my money.

if its more than that, they can suck it and have their inventory sitting in a warehouse next to the millia q-rau. :rolleyes:

Yamato needs to make this toy. I think it will appeal to not only Macross fans, but all sci-fi/transformer fans. I just hope the price is not more than a 1/48.

Yamato also needs to come out with a better yf-19 toy but that is a different story. I think the regular 1/60 Monster would be a mistake. A lot of people would like to own one but few would pay the cost. Those that do buy it, would sell them after a while because they would have no room for it.

The monster is rare, so just to be able to get a brand new transforming one is awsome. I'd pay what ever they ask. I might not like the price, but I'd pay it.

MW

:rolleyes:

fine then you pay $2000 bucks for one and yamato will give discounts to the rest of us. ;)

you must be a charm to sell to for car dealers~ :lol:

oh and regarding the monster....

I think yamato should just forget going smaller than the size of 1/48 VF 1's... The quality of their stuff at that size and up is platinum. The smalller they go, the more crappy their products become.

The Monster is beautiful... given that it'll be about the the size of a 1/48, that's the price range I'll be willing to buy it for.

oh and regarding the monster....

I think yamato should just forget going smaller than the size of 1/48 VF 1's... The quality of their stuff at that size and up is platinum. The smalller they go, the more crappy their products become.

The Monster is beautiful... given that it'll be about the the size of a 1/48, that's the price range I'll be willing to buy it for.

That would be???

i can't seem to say this enough....

DO NOT DICUSS PRICES ON THE BOARDS!

if you want to discuss prices, please do it through PM's.

Dude... I know you're obsessed with paying 1 dollar more or less and paranoid as hell, but please don't presume to shove your weird obsession with thriftiness down everyone's throats.

Seriously... Yamato is a company. They're going to try and make a profit. They know how much it costs to design, refine, and mass produce toys. I don't believe they base their prices on what gets said around here. They base them on projected sales, profit, and costs. Just like any company. They are not an eBay dealer looking to "screw" you.

All that being said, I'd easily pay $120 for it. ;)

That would be???

well someone posted some pics at the convention a couple of weeks back and everyone was saying how it was smaller than they originally thought it would be... from what I recall, it was in the aircraft mode and it was no bigger than the 1/48's around it. Unless that was an out of scale prototype I think it's about that size...

Anyhoo, I think it should be the same price range as the fastpack-LESS REGULAR VF-1's.

Edited by Nani?!

That would be???

well someone posted some pics at the convention a couple of weeks back and everyone was saying how it was smaller than they originally thought it would be... from what I recall, it was in the aircraft mode and it was no bigger than the 1/48's around it. Unless that was an out of scale prototype I think it's about that size...

Anyhoo, I think it should be the same price range as the fastpack-LESS REGULAR VF-1's.

That would be a reasonable price to pay for one of these beauties!!!

I have to buck the trend and say I'd prefer a non-transforming monster that had a perfect scuplt rather than this tranforming toy that *almost* looks great in Gerwalk. Of course I know I will cave in and buy the damn thing! ;)

Dude... I know you're obsessed with paying 1 dollar more or less and paranoid as hell, but please don't presume to shove your weird obsession with thriftiness down everyone's throats.

All that being said, I'd easily pay $120 for it.    ;)

obsessed?

you mean when someone tries to deliberately charge me more than something is worth? so if i sold you something for $50, then turned around and sold it to everyone else for $40, you wouldn't bitch? i sell you something, you estimate the shipping is $5, but i tell you its $20, and you live 2 towns away, are you gonna pay me $20? plain and simple, if you don't have a problem with this, then your stinkin rich and shouldn't be posting about how broke or cheap the next man is. its great you got lots of money to burn but thats not the case for everyone. so when someones being "thrifty" its not necessarily because they're cheap, but just poor.

parnoid?

read the sig man, were not dealing in nickel and dime merchandise, most everything is a high ticket item. if you think $100 is nothing to be paranoid about losing, please send it my way and i guarantee its safe return. ;)

weird obsessions?

if you mean when someone posts exactly what they're willing to pay? i call that pointing out sheer stupidity not a weird obsession. :lol:

$120?

well thats sort of right but it doesn't have any accessories whatsoever. to me, its nothing but a glorified TFer with a sticker sheet and a box.

now don't get me wrong, i think its a really cool toy but not the league/price range of a 1/48. for all we know it could be $80? :unsure:

a special thanks to Nani?! who gets the point i'm trying to make. i'm not forcing my paranoid delusions down people throats, just sharing some basic common sense. :)

and to wolfy,

i got a monster right here for only $2000. its the prototype so its actually worth more(you know cause its the original) but since you seem to be such a nice guy with a good head on your shoulders, i'll sell it to you for $1000 shipped? :lol:

just joshin witcha man, i know you're the new guy. :p

everyone else,

as far as pushing my buttons goes, hey go right ahead, its a free country. B)) but when this toy get released for $200+, we'll all remember the a-holes that couldn't keep their mouths shut about the price, won't we. :angry: and btw, i already said i'd pay ONE MILLION DOLLARS! :D

I really don't think Yamato cares what we think it's worth. We are outside of thier market. The price will be set by what the Japanese consumer is willing to pay.

really how do you explain the $120 price tag on the q-rau?

we're not in their market? have you even looked at mcpaz's thread? we account for a huge chunk of yamatos products/business. its been discuss before in teh past and we all have come to the conclusion we are exactly they're target audience. to say we don't count is completely ridiculous. believe me, some yamato dudes already copied down the figures from mcpaz thread....

and sithlords got a care package coming to him. :lol:

I could say that I'd easily pay $50 for a toynami alpha, but they'd still sell it at $80

I mean sure, if they were listening to us on this forum and chortling while rubbing there hands together, then we're halfway there to dooming ourselves. However, something tells me they pay absolutely no attention to this forum until something we leak gets mentioned on a Japanese forum, and then they have to track it back here and scold us.

so maybe there is hope for this project after all...i just hope they don't pull the same bull that they did with the 19 FP and the 1/60 monster <_<

I don't think they will pull the same bull, Haro. Whenever Yamato puts it on their website, it's official that they're currently working on this and you can expect that it'll be released on a future date.

Remember the 1/60 fps were listed on there homepage with a survey. I don't guess to many people shared there opinion with that survey huh.