Yamato 1/100 VF-0S Photos

Graham

Guys, here's the pics of the Yamato 1/100 scale VF-0S 'simple transformation' prototype from the new April 2004 issue of Dengeki Hobby magazine.

Gotta say I think the front landing gear is extremely ugly, which is a shame considering it's a detachable peice, so IMO they could have sculpted it much better.

Also, IMO the tail fins look a little small and the shape of the wing trailing edge is not exactly correct.

Graham

Clearly Yamato has done this toys giving to the Fighter mode all the emphasis... as usual.

Too bad... for me. <_<

From the pics what really caught my attention is the SUPER HUGLY Legs conectors to the NOSE of the plane, a bit out of all proportion.

Nora plane looks SWEET!

As Graham said the VF 0 nose landing gear looks horrible.

Generally speaking the planes looks very very nice, I wonder how solid this things will be. Hope better than a 1/60, taking in consideration there is NO DIECAST and NO ABS... just cheap PVC injection.

Thanks for the pics Graham!!

Edited by Sebastian

From the pics what really caught my attention is the SUPER HUGLY Legs conectors to the NOSE of the plane, a bit out of all proportion.

Generally speaking the planes looks very very nice, I wonder how solid this things will be. Hope better than a 1/60, taking in consideration there is NO DIECAST and NO ABS... just cheap PVC injection.

Sebastian, I have mentioned before that the toys will feature some ABS, they are not all PVC.

Also, Yamato told me that the leg connnectors are being made smaller (they know they look ugly). Also, the shoulder armor will be elongated as at the moment it is too short. Remember this is not the final sculpt.

BTW, I've just updated the magazine section with scans of the new Hobby Japan (6 pages) and the Dengeki Hobby (4 pages). I've also updated the custom gallery section. Check out the update section.

Graham

nice scan, thanks sharing :lol:

1/100 is ok for me, I've got many hundred scale plastic buddies here waiting for the 0S:

bandai VF-19S

bandai VF-19Kai

bandai VF-1S strike variable

bandai VF-1S strike batroid(2)

bandai VF-2SS(2)

arii VF-1S fighter

arii VF-1S strike batroid

banpresto VF-1A CF

banpresto VF-1S strike

tamiya A-7 corsair II

tamiya A-6 intruder

academy F-14 tomcat

takara? mig-27 flogger

A-4M skyhawk(2)

F-20 tiger shakr

Yak-38 blacksmith(2)

and some Gundam stuff I don't really know...

Edited by newca

Generally speaking the planes looks very very nice, I wonder how solid this things will be.  Hope better than a 1/60, taking in consideration there is NO DIECAST and NO ABS... just cheap PVC injection.

Sebastian, I have mentioned before that the toys will feature some ABS, they are not all PVC.

Also, Yamato told me that the leg connnectors are being made smaller (they know they look ugly). Also, the shoulder armor will be elongated as at the moment it is too short. Remember this is not the final sculpt.

BTW, I've just updated the magazine section with scans of the new Hobby Japan (6 pages) and the Dengeki Hobby (4 pages). I've also updated the custom gallery section. Check out the update section.

Graham

Now I feel happy about the Zero. Well, you know I dont like PVC and 1/100.. but I dont ming getting a squad of Zeros if they are not just PVC.

The connectors was the main beef to me. If is going to resize them/resculpt then everything will be much better. Glad to know they allready took that into consideration.

The Dengeki and Hobby Japan pics of the Hase VF 10 are great, specially the Hobby Japan ones. Damn... I will have to get one of those kits now.

Thanks G-Man!

The VF-0 looks pretty good for a work in progress IMO. Looks like it will have a lot of good detail. Again, I just hope the legs are more secure in gerwalk than the 1/60 VF-1's.

The Q-rau looks just great. The packaging is nice too, but HUGE, no surprize there though. The paint job looks absolutely wonderful on that sample.

The Max 1J in that pic looks darker, too. I wonder if it is a light effect or did they really darken the tint a hair. This one looks way better than the previous one we saw.

What are the two things above Millia in the Q-rau box? Do you swap the closed leg missle pods for open ones? That would make sense since opening launchers like on the top would interfere with the knee anyway.

I can't wait for mine to arrive.

Like Graham said, it's too early to condemn the VF-0. It's a work in progress so there will be several sculpt changes as it progresses. I'm just thankful they are showing pics in these early stages. Unlike the YF-19.

I was never much of a VF-0 fan but I am still very disappointed with that Yamato. My first impression was that it looks like a Banpresto prize catcher. The arms and joints look scrawny and everything looks so small. Granted, it is only an unpainted prototype but I hope Yamato has better things planned. Seriously. If they do a hack job on the SV-51 I will cry. :'( I hope they are starting to take notes from Hasegawa because their SV-51 looks oh so sweet. I'm not much of a modeler but I might actually get that kit.

Can we get some line art posted in this thread? I tried pausing pictures of the VF-0 on the computer, but there aren't any good solid shots of it to compare to these prototype pics. From what I could see, Yamato did a very good job.

Maybe some of you just don't like the VF-0, are not liking the scale, or the removable parts, and letting it cloud your judgement? :p

I don't think the sculpt looks all that bad, but Im not sure how much desire I have to spend $40 for a toy that has a swappable nosecone and a removable landing gear - not to mention isn't in scale with anything in my collection.

I have very little doubt that a larger, perfect transformation version is on the way. This one is always branded the Yamato Simple Transformation VF-0 as opposed to the Yamato VF-0 ;)

Ah, who am I kidding, I'll pick the 1/100 up. I'm addicted to valkyries after all.

Edited by VF-1Guy

there is a huge difference in seeing the vf-0 from a scan of a magazine and seeing the vf-0 in person. the detail on it is pretty damned nice, i would even say its more detailed than the 1/48. yamato definately knows what they are doing.

I didnt expect much after all its a simple transformation and relatively cheap. The gear are ugly but chances are id porbably make a stanmd for it in fighter mode. The hips yes are ugly but they are being made smaller..i really hoipe there is an interlocking mechanism ofd the hips so that they dont slip out like the 1/60 VF-1 over time. The head sculpt is awesome and I think the battroid mode is actually better than fighter this time around...definitely better without the gear on.

Well, keeping in mind this is not hte final sculpt I won't critisize the appearance too much. I think most people are exaggerating the bad parts anyways. I'm glad the hip connectors will be made smaller. One thing that always bothered me about the VF-1 toys, the hips had these huge bulges that didn't look any better than a swing bar would have, yet it still sacrificed the perfect transformation. I really don't like that. I mean, if it's one kind of ugle or the other, you might as well please the perfect transformation fans.

I don't know what I think about Yamato going with the 1/100 scale. On one hand, I like the idea of inexpensive Valks, on the other I am willing to pay for good detail and quality. I hope Yamato does make a larger scale VF-0 toy at some point in the future, much like the 1/48ths are to the 1/60 VF-1 toys. I'd prefere 1/48th myself, just to be in scale with my other 1/48ths, but hey. I know other people aren't so keen on that idea, still I would like some sort of larger, perfect transformation version of the VF-0 at some point.

I am looking forward to that 1/60 Q-rau, will go great with my 1/60 Max VF-1A.

Hmm....I'm not entirely sold on the VF-0 yet. It's not bad, per se, but I'm not exactly jumping up and down in anticipation either. I'll just have to get comfortable up here on the fence until this thing comes out.

That Hasegawa SV-51 on the other hand...? Astounding! I'm going to have to buy three of them! :o