YetiStand Alpha.

ChaoticYeti

I've noticed the same thing with your feet and other rubber feet of things i own. Just something to be aware of I think. The Master Replicas lightsaber display cases are particularly bad about basically being pretty damn well cemented down to glass shelves after not moving for a few years.

Interesting feedback on the feet. Not sure if anything can be done. Is it an issue, or just something to be mindful of?

I'd say it's not a show stopper, and just something to be mindful of. Folks always have the option of not using the feet, or using an alternative that they find more suitable. I just thought it was worth pointing out so that people exercise care when moving the display stands around if they've been stuck on a glass surface.

The type of 3d printing I am set up for does not allow me to print clear. I know shapeways has a frosted material, but I believe it is too brittle to be used for printing my adapters. I generally went with black ABS for the Bandai adapters, and gray/silver for the Yamato ones. The bandai adapters that come with their releases are black, and typically the Yamato's came with some shade of gray for their adapters. I am open to suggestion if people prefer one color over another.

As for hardware, I am looking into it:

I think the silver-ish finish blends in a lot better. Black or dark colors really draw attention to the part. As far as the adapters -- I should probably clarify (no pun intended) that I was speaking more specifically to an alternative stand adapter for the one that comes with the Bandai DX toys. Bandai's adapters are HUGE, and coupled with the color, you have this huge black piece of plastic underneath your toy that is a bit unattractive. A smaller piece in a different color might blend in better. If you're using the Bandai stand, it doesn't matter since the whole thing is a big black piece of plastic anyway. But when using the Yetistand, the black really stands out.

I think the hardware should be titanium. ;)

Joking aside, the black hardware actually looks more high end to me than silver. I don't know why. Maybe it goes back to my days of making custom speaker systems. Black was always the way to go and silver always looked cheap. Of course, that's becaus all the drivers were also black.

Might want to do a snap poll of some sort? Personally, I think the black looks better. Ti would look incredible but you'd have to charge a lot more than what you are now.

I think the hardware should be titanium. ;)

Joking aside, the black hardware actually looks more high end to me than silver. I don't know why. Maybe it goes back to my days of making custom speaker systems. Black was always the way to go and silver always looked cheap. Of course, that's becaus all the drivers were also black.

Might want to do a snap poll of some sort? Personally, I think the black looks better. Ti would look incredible but you'd have to charge a lot more than what you are now.

I think the current price is at a few peoples breaking point as it is. I wouldn't want to increase it any. If people want a different look they are more than welcome to source their own hardware. If you find a good source for titanium hardware let people know.

If you send him a sample VB-6 to prototype I'm sure he can make one ;). Especially with the upcoming release coming up.

Also the feets do have a bit of grip to my glass shelves but I just have to be careful when I take them out to "play" . The VF-0D adapter works quite well as I finally got my Zero shelf set up:

med_gallery_7577_740_2738154.jpg

Edited by wmkjr

Not hurting anything for me. I think it's just the weight of the valks causes the feet to "smoosh" onto the glass, which is good if you want it to be firmly planted. It's only a concern if you move your bases around a lot but even that is minor as I just grab the center part of the adapter base and gently guide it off the glass. How it handles in the long run we'll have to wait and see.