YetiStand Alpha.

ChaoticYeti

Something different (credit goes out to fellow members for the idea!):

16437266102_24c0e01249_z.jpg

Haven't seen this config before, very nice! Well, there is a similar configuration at the Macross museum, but it doesn't count, does it?

Hum, that makes me want 5 of Ikaru's VF-1J now!

Edited by Xigfrid

I've just noticed that theses are with the new adapters! Lol.

Excellent! They look like they work perfectly.

:ph34r:;)

They fit perfectly, Yeti did a great job on them on the first try.

Something different (credit goes out to fellow members for the idea!):

Awesome setup and great shot!

Edited by Saburo

wow it changes colors as it transforms. where did you get that vf-1? pre-ordered!!

It's the upcoming Wonderfest special: The Variable color, variable model, VF-1! :p Buy 5 and maybe get a mystery chase figure!:

15811380064_0e15d458ac_z.jpg

15811385554_4eb9f06c4c_z.jpg

Edited by wmkjr

Thanks! This stand is turning mega! Though I'm just playing around with these pics. I'm gonna see how much I can squeeze on one stand. One valk at a time!

Edited by wmkjr

I want one of these stands so bad, but I can't quite bite the bullet on the international shipping when there's still so many valks on my want list first. I suppose I'm not the first to follow this pattern, buy a bunch of figures first before thinking of any way to actually display them all

The international shipping cost is pretty high if you only get one stand. I am open to suggestions for different ways to ship. My concern is getting the product to the destination safely and in tact. These are acrylic. I am barely charging for handling and shipping supplies. The costs are straight off of USPS flat rate quotes rounded to a dollar.

The answer is buying lots. ;)

Seriously though, shipping from the US to anywhere outside has risen a lot in recent years and the only way to offset it is to buy in qty. Its why I suggested a group buy for Aussies a while back (thread still exists somewhere).

Yeti, there are other shipping options but I'm not sire they're much better. Unless you have some sort of premium account with a shipper, you're kinda stuck. And to have that sort of account, I think you'd need to do a lot of shipping. Case in point, I pay very little for shipping from amazon to Australia.

Maybe look at offering these via amazon?

There are a few issues with using someone as a distributor. Firstly, my margin as it stands is miniscule compared to a high quantity product that is manufactured through traditional means. If I use a distributor you can say goodbye to $50 stands.

The second issue, and this one I am still struggling with, is quantity of adapters. Since I am 3d printing these I don't have to worry about stock. I have a hundred or so of each of the basic bandai and yamato adapters, but very few preprinted of the Valkyrie specific adapters. I just print a batch of those whenever they are ordered. I don't have a logistical plan for how to get an assortment of adapters to a distributor. I could upload all of them to shapeways, but they would be more expensive and create a secondary shipping fee.

I am still working closely with an injection molder to get things moving down that direction. Although the upfront cost is large, it will plummet the cost per part. This will give me a margin that will allow for packaging, wholesale, and overhead to continue growing the product. I am beginning to consider the kick starter route again to cover the tooling cost. I have attempted to engage other collecting communities and the loudest response is that these are too expensive.

Believe me I wasn't trying to imply blame on you for it, it's been rough getting anything shipped to the great white north over these past few years. Especially when you get nailed with brokerage fees as well sometimes.

No worries. Trust me, I get it. I am not making much money off of this venture yet. My reward is seeing people enjoy my product. I want to make these as affordable and available as possible. Hopefully that happens sooner rather than later.

I think your pricing is fine, Yeti - evidence is in the uptake so far! I love seeing your stuff in the hands of Macross fans. I think the issue is purely the shipping. And as I said, the problem is really just for those of us that want a small number. For fans collecting 10 for example, the shipping cost becomes neglegable. It's just that people like me, who can only splash out for a few at a time, can't stomach the charges to get them here.

I had not considered the adapter costs, Yeti. That makes perfect sense. It would be difficult to have a distributor when you've got so many options.

I really do think the missing link here in getting these out to the overseas masses, is the shipping costs. I would love to know how the "big boys" can get it done so cheaply. I'm just afraid it's all about volume and frequency, something you're not going to be able to tap into until these stands really start to go big-time! Maybe that's just a matter of time...

You might not get why, but that means a lot to me to hear. I take criticism to heart, and just want to make sure I put the best thing out there that I can. Your agreement with reality is reassuring. Hopefully this breaches the cost/volume barrier at some point and I can really start moving them.

ok, here is my first go with the v1 VF-25 adapters. For right now nothing to fancy, a simple diamond formation. My display is missing Luca's ghosts and maybe some armor.

- Yeti, the adapters work very well with all except Luca, maybe because I've never transformed him and its very tight, I'll tweak it a little over this coming weekend.

Overall, a very good job!!! it even held my VF-25F as it flipped upside down, d'oh.

post-26268-0-25163700-1423105199_thumb.jpg

post-26268-0-31473100-1423105211_thumb.jpg

post-26268-0-53577300-1423105220_thumb.jpg

post-26268-0-21383700-1423105230_thumb.jpg

post-26268-0-55869200-1423105238_thumb.jpg

post-26268-0-09307000-1423105245_thumb.jpg

post-26268-0-71668400-1423105253_thumb.jpg

ok, here is my first go with the v1 VF-25 adapters. For right now nothing to fancy, a simple diamond formation. My display is missing Luca's ghosts and maybe some armor.

- Yeti, the adapters work very well with all except Luca, maybe because I've never transformed him and its very tight, I'll tweak it a little over this coming weekend.

Overall, a very good job!!! it even held my VF-25F as it flipped upside down, d'oh.

Looks good!

Maybe it has something to do with mold changes needed to accommodate the anal fin antenna?

That is awesome Hazray!

Nice video. Wish I had got some of that acrylic solvent and not used superglue which I managed to get on my freakin bases in a couple of spots. Uhhgggg. In the future I would recommend to everyone to leave the brown contact paper ON when attaching the middle piece. Would have saved me.

Nice video. Wish I had got some of that acrylic solvent and not used superglue which I managed to get on my freakin bases in a couple of spots. Uhhgggg. In the future I would recommend to everyone to leave the brown contact paper ON when attaching the middle piece. Would have saved me.

I apologize for putting it off for so long. Someone messaged me about it through the web store, and I filmed it last night.

before i attempt to try this....anyone able to fit a "formation" (diamond or otherwise) or V2 VF-1 valks in a detolf cube? If so, how many valks is doable? Is 4 doable? kinda wondering what configs people are using.

I have 3 v2 VF-1S Strike in stacked V formation. I am not sure if I can get a 4th VF-1 Strike to fit with out making it looked cramped. Without strike packs, 4 VF-1s would be much easier.

5089df30-6a6e-4fe6-9359-670408bb16e8_zps

I would like to add a customer gallery to the webstore. Please send your pictures of YetiStand displays to yeticubed@gmail.com. If you would like your pictures to have a by line or link, please include that in the email. Thank you!