GBP 1J and 1/60 Parts sets !!

Sebastian

Do be honest with you guys, I think this is just a case of poor naming on HLJ's part. I honestly think the "1/60 Valkyrie Armor Parts", as they have it listed, is just the GBP without the valk. Of course, I could be wrong, and I actually hope I AM wrong, but I somehow really doubt that this a super armor add-on pack.

i dont think its the GBP armor sold separately, the price just seems too low. i'm thinkin its the super/strike upgrade parts.

thanks for the news Sebastian!!!

well guess i have you all beat becuse I already have my super brownie!

Take a looK

No need to rub it in buddy :p

Seriously, do you have the TRU-exlusive brownie or the mass-produced one? Because my TRU doesn't even have the holes on the back of the legs, but I don't have one of the mass-produced ones so maybe they came fitted for FAST packs? Or did you have to make some modifications?

i dont think its the GBP armor sold separately, the price just seems too low. i'm thinkin its the super/strike upgrade parts.

Yea, and on top of it all, it looked like the 1J modeling the armor had some changes to its shoulders. I'd vote for the super armor.

i dont think its the GBP armor sold separately, the price just seems too low.  i'm thinkin its the super/strike upgrade parts.

Yea, and on top of it all, it looked like the 1J modeling the armor had some changes to its shoulders. I'd vote for the super armor.

While no one knows for certain (except Yamato...and maybe Graham, but he's not talking), the general concensus was that the shoulders were NOT modified but, rather, the shoulder armor comes molded to a "fake" shoulder that slips over the original shoulder. Think about it, if Yamato physically modified the shoulder on the 1J, it wouldn't be able to transform. Also, we already know (it's all but been confirmed) that the GBP will be sold with and without a valk. Why would they sell the GBP with a valk and NOT sell the GBP without the valk?

But....as I said, I could be wrong.

It HAS to be the Armored Parts, since there would be a few different types of Super Parts and not just one. (Cannon Fodder Regular, Cannon Fodder TRU, Hikaru 1A, Max 1A..etc)

Unless one fits all for $37. But I doubt that...

And I really wanted those super parts :(

Very good point. There would have to be a number of 'upgrade' kits listed seperately since they are valkyrie specific (they come with new arms, legs and backpacks).

I'm thinking (and praying) that it's just the GBP armor w/o the valk. I really don't need another J, but I do want the armor.

well guess i have you all beat becuse I already have my super brownie!

Take a looK

No need to rub it in buddy :p

Seriously, do you have the TRU-exlusive brownie or the mass-produced one? Because my TRU doesn't even have the holes on the back of the legs, but I don't have one of the mass-produced ones so maybe they came fitted for FAST packs? Or did you have to make some modifications?

I have the standard CF and it has the holes in the legs, though I haven't tried it yet, my brother who has the Strike said I'd be able to put the arm units in it too. Only thing is it doesn't have the holes in the backpack for the booster units.

What I want is not a tan Strike or Super, but a full armor one.

VF-19 pilot!!!...

Did you have to do anything on the backpack or did it already have the slots in it?

Edited by Druna Skass

thanks for the interest guys

well, oddly enough 2 of my CF brownie's actually had the slots for the fast pack....the best i can say is that they were a manufacture's mistake or something because non of the others have them...

the holes on the legs are standard on the TRU( japanese) version..

but they have no slot's for the busters.

as for the the triple cluster trick? well, its no trick guys, just a little super glue... don't they look great like that??????!!!!!! :DB)):rolleyes:B)) i recomend that you guys try it ....i'm sure you will love the way they look....!!!!!!! B))

thanks for the interest guys

well, oddly enough 2 of my CF brownie's actually had the slots for the fast pack....the best i can say is that they were a manufacture's mistake or something because non of the others have them...

the holes on the legs are standard on the TRU( japanese) version..

but they have no slot's for the busters.

as for the the triple cluster trick? well, its no trick guys, just a little super glue... don't they look great like that??????!!!!!! :D  B))  :rolleyes:  B))   i recomend that you guys try it ....i'm sure you will love the way they look....!!!!!!! B))

:o WOW lucky you. No need to drill holes like I would have to. :(

I do love the way the boosters look like. ;) Now planning modifications. :ph34r:

Well if it's GBP-1 parts, then I will at least get a Super VF-1D out of it when my Super VF-1J loses it armor and gains the GBP-1 set.

That what I was planning too. Hopefully the GBP armor can fit on the old non-fastpack valks too.

Edited by Mechafan

...See if these are the fast pack upgrades for the 1/60's, I think Yamato messed up.

When these were originally announced, I would have snatched up 4 or 5 sets in a heartbeat. As it stands now, I could care less for the 1/60th line and will not purchase any.

I wonder how many other people feel the same, and how much potential $ Yamato lost by delaying them until well after the superior 1/48th line launched. :huh:

...See if these are the fast pack upgrades for the 1/60's, I think Yamato messed up.

When these were originally announced, I would have snatched up 4 or 5 sets in a heartbeat. As it stands now, I could care less for the 1/60th line and will not purchase any.

I wonder how many other people feel the same, and how much potential $ Yamato lost by delaying them until well after the superior 1/48th line launched. :huh:

Well I don't feel the same, I may pick up the GBP set. I've been constantly broke off my ass for the past year and haven't been able to get my hands on a 48, and it really doesn't look like I'll be able to anytime soon.

I did come across a 48 in a display case in an anime shop in LA, I know couple of you people are probably going to want to lynch my ass, I looked it over and decided I was happy with my 60s and could live without it.

If Yamato really wants my money they should make posable hands for the 1/60s, I hate how I can't have my CF holding two guns.

Hello,

I still like the 1/60 line, because they take up less space, so I would be interested if Yamato did indeed release the upgrade set.

I checked out HLJ and notice something interesting, but then it could just be a mistake. To be honest though, I don't recall them making this type of mistake before, and if they have, it is rare. Here it goes:

Assembly Guide: Skill Level 2, Cement, Paint Required

Product Overview: This item is a set of optional parts for modifying or detailing robot and other science-fiction kits. It requires both cement and painting to complete or use.

Anyway, presuming it is correct, I can imagine that we would need to paint the GBP1 armor, but if they release a generic upgrade kit that is non-specific, well that could require some assembly. Who knows, but I thought it worth mentioning, and it's always good to add a little fuel to fire of speculation. ;)

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Edited by ChristopherB

Sweet! GBP Armor! But still.. You have to glue and paint it??? Thats a major turn off. I absolutely suck at painting and gluing.. So I probably wont get a set.. Which sucks..

-BEN-MAN-

How do you "drill hole" and put the fast packs on your Valk if it doesn't have hole???

You have to first disassemble the back pack, then i put some red paint on the pegs on the FAST pack boosters, dont let it dry then hold them up to the back pack to get the size and location of the holes correct once thats done you can wipe the paint off the peg and let the paint dry on the backpack then cut of the holes. One thing when your cleaning up the hole with a file you'll have to file at an angle so the boosters sit properly when you put it back together

Hybridchild

I think it'll probably be the GPB armor

the "upgrade"-parts are an almost complete valk, for that I think the price is too low

Edit:

not only that, but when did Yamato announce green light on the upgrade kits? we know of the GPB but all I ever saw were the changed parts for the FP-equipped 1j, and that was almost a year ago

àààànd not only that, why would yamato make a "Kit" out of these parts

when we're talking about needing them for 'pre-built' toys?

Nope,..my money is on GPB armor

Edited by Nightbat®