As you know, May'n will be performing in California on June 21st in LA and June 23rd in SF. Figured that a thread might be in order to perhaps get an idea of who's going. I'll definitely be at the SF event. Who's with me?

On a somewhat related topic, Fanimecon apparently featured some footage and tour good of Mamegu. Not that I could find them.

I wonder how many people are going to either one? My wife and I are going to the L.A. show, along with two friends so far. I think more maybe going, but anyone from here going to either one?

It'll be like our lil' Norcal MW meets of the last few years all over again...

I didn't realise there were so many Macross fans around the Bay Area! If you guys are thinking about getting together before/after the concert at Yoshi's, let's get the discussion going here. There's the calm-minded IZAKAYA Lounge right around the corner at the Hotel Kabuki which is good for a drinkingly good time, so I'll put that as the first suggestion.

I wonder if some fan will buy an ad space on the side of the San Francisco cable trolley to advertise the May'n tour like Sheryl Nome's digital ad banners.

post-7534-0-86443400-1339312055_thumb.jpg

Hope no Varja attacks during the concert.

I'm hoping to get into SF by noon and head straight to Japantown. Not exactly sure when I'll hit the venue itself. I'll be wearing my SMS jacket, so I'm easy to spot.

Who went for VIP tickets? I tried seeing if the ones I got as part of the street team were upgradeable, but it doesn't sound like they are.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

I'll be at the SF show, however my flight comes in that Friday night (my husband and I are coming from Ohio to just see the show) so I should be at Yoshi's by noon waiting for the VIP early admission. I shouldnt be hard to find, i'll be wearing the blue/yellow Sheryl concert shirt from the 1st movie.

Im definately willing to grab food afterwards (I really dont know where...ill leave it up to the locals)!

Wow, never left the U.S., and I've seen May'n perform twice! This was an epic show. Less "choreographed" and refined, this show was really meant to rock, and be up and close with the fans. All that "rawness" of the show, I totally loved it. You guys in the Bay area should have fun. I really hope she comes back again for more shows.

Make sure you have your ID and tell the person at the Will Call window that you won the tickets promoted on Macrossworld. When I got there, my tickets weren't with the regular batch sold thru normal channels.

It definitely was a great time. I have to admit that I was a little worried but May'n really rocked the house and got really into it. In typical LA fashion a lot of people were late to the concert and I almost felt bad that there weren't more people there but by the end it was a packed house. Also, the smaller crowd at the beginning didn't affect her at all and she gave a solid performance the whole time.

It was pretty funny during one song, showing our love, throwing it, and then being pretty.

And yeah, I will take 100% of the credit for the encore...granted it was totally pre-meditated....but I will take the credit. :D

Her English seemed heavily scripted/rehearsed to me. This is not to disparage her. Quite the opposite, in fact. English is not her native tongue, and English is such a stupid and difficult and nonsensical language anyway that I appreciate the great effort she's put into communicating with her English-speaking fans.

To put it in perspective, imagine one of you non-Japanese speaking folks trying to learn to say everything she said, but in proper Japanese. :)

Had a great time reading your review of the concert! Thanks <EXO> !

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it.

She did speak in english spontaneously. But it would be like me trying to talk in spanish. Repeating the same words over and over.

Great concert! And just like that she's done with the U.S. leg of the tour.

I had a BLAST...and I consider myself lucky to have seen May'n perform twice in two years. :)

I loved it when she talked about the things she wanted to do (that Sheryl did in Macross Frontier...ride a cable car...visit Powell street...the smoke shop...etc.

She pretty much sang the same set of Frontier songs as Jason mentioned.

BTW. Nice meeting The Songstress Fairy and hubby...you have an awesome signed poster.

Also nice to hang out with eugimon, Mercurial Morpheus, and friends. Good times.

Hopefully this won't be her last time in the Bay Area.

From what one MW member told me, and a friend in Japan told me, we are very fortunate to see her in these settings. In Japan, she performs in large arenas and large concert halls, and as I observed that is different, her Japanese shows aren't as "off the cuff" and "raw" as they were here. That said, I absolutely loved it like that. To see May'n perform with that type of energy, and with that sense of rock vocal and tone was a real treat. It's something I will truly cherish. I truly hope her promoters, or May'n herself, gets a chance to read these posts, cause I would say a huge thank you to her. Two of my friends who went, who hadn't heard her sing more than a couple songs from Frontier are now fans of her music, and I truly hope she comes back soon. A big props to her band as well. They put on an awesome show, and played their hearts out. I've been fortunate to play that same stage at the Key Club before, and it's a very up close stage. I feel just a bit more special, having played in a place where May'n performed. :)

From what one MW member told me, and a friend in Japan told me, we are very fortunate to see her in these settings. In Japan, she performs in large arenas and large concert halls, and as I observed that is different, her Japanese shows aren't as "off the cuff" and "raw" as they were here.

Having seen her perform here and in Japan, that's pretty much the impression I had as well. In America, I actually got to touch the Galactic Fairy!

I'll never wash this hand again. :)