1/55 recast wishlist

kanata67

Which 1/55 set do you want to see first?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which 1/55 set do you want to see first?

• GBP-1s love that armor
    • VE-1 Elintseeker, love that dish
    • VT-1 Superostrich, love that name
    • Vf-1s strike, love that cannon

just gauging interest. As some members know I've been wanting to start recasting stuff for quite a while and it looks like I finally have the opportunity. So, since I need an existing toy to make molds from, and since I'm not rich and don't have any besides the recasts I've managed to track down, I'm gonna have to pick me up a pretty one of what ever it turns out you guys want to see first.

Figure I'll be trying for on par with jesse's strike recast in quality and price, depending on which kit. The GBP-1s and strike have been done not that long ago and it appears that super o' conversion kits are still availible, so I'm leaning towards the seeker myself... but it's up to you guys.

Oh yeah... please vote. There ain't a chance in hell of my wife letting me spend $500 on a stupid toy unless I can justify it as a potential source of income. Damn women and the need to pay the mortgage LOL :rolleyes:

If you recast, I vote for the Elint. That set is just too hard to come by, and it's fustrating to not be able to find it. If you start recasting it. Show us pics as you do it. I'm gonna need a set badly.

dood, you gotta be kidding me. i'd like to see all of them so i can finally convince myself to collect the bandai valks....i tried, got 2, then sold'em(you're getting one of them) cause i couldn't live with the fact that i'll never complete the collection.

to me, its not worth collecting something unless there an actual chance of completing the set. the super-o and e-seeker are not worth the money or atleast i can't justify paying that much for a chunky monkey. plus i'd have to buy them from arafat. :lol: the strikes not far off but if i'm going to pay that much, i'd rather get another 1/48. maybe one day.....

P5,

If your too lazy to get a 1/60 Elint, then get ready for a world of hurt when you try to cutom build a 1/55.

I am still working on this custom. It's been a week since I touched it. That bad boy requires patience and time. I am almost done though, just cleaning blemishes and such. But in my defense, I have already completed:

1/35 Blue Legioss

1/55 VF-1A Low Viz

1/55 Super Ostrich (not really a custom, just refurbished)

1/100 VF-1D

1/60 GBP-01 Gundam

And I still have others to complete, aside from the Elint.

Well, pretty much the custom will cost you more. Think of it this way..

- Valkyrie needed for custom $25-40.

- Paint - $15+ (or alot more if you use spray cans)

- Decals $20

- Elint Armor recast - $75 (if your lucky)

- Other materials: files, sandpaper, putty, etc. CHA-CHING!!!

- Time & Patience - Priceless ;)

It is really alot cheaper to get a 1/60.

Prometheum 5,

Sorry, I did not mean to discourage you. I just hope we all get what we want.

The kit I got a while back was from Mike, he said mines was the last cast, due to the deterioration of the molds.

The set I recieved was still pretty nice, and yes it does require a lot of work and patience to get it just right.

oh, and I'd like gbp armor as well.. haha

lol, why rob? you going to do a custom or just keep it in your treasure chest of toys?

i voted for the gbp.

the elint i did for estacado had some mods to make it more lineart accurate, if he's willing you can recast this set so it'll look nicer than the stock one =D

Once this wishlist is complete, can we then start on making recasts of the mods for the 1/55's. Such as:

- Trapeziodal feet

- Extended nose with hinged canopy

- Articulated hands

- Etc...

Does this mean MWers will attempt to rival or improve on Yamato construction and design? Again?

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol, why rob? you going to do a custom or just keep it in your treasure chest of toys?

i voted for the gbp.

the elint i did for estacado had some mods to make it more lineart accurate, if he's willing you can recast this set so it'll look nicer than the stock one =D

I'd like to see pics of that.

Figure the first run would be just like I got mine, a full conversion kit including head, wings, and seat [depending on which one].

as for everybody saying they would love one of each... For less than 20k I can get all the armor sets digitally scanned and made into a proper injection mold. Theoretically I could spit out sets of armor of original quality in bulk. Unfortunately due to the fact I'm not rich and don't have investors it's not gonna happen. Even if I did... I'd have to send the mold's to sombody I truted in a country that wouldn't immediately slap a cease and desist, so recasting small batches is the way to go.

other valk improvments are cool, like fulcy's hips and feet, but that wouldn't be part of the conversion kit. I really want to experiment with the seekers arm mount system and see what else could be atached that meathod... maybe a kangi sword, maybe some friggin huge gundam gun... possabilities :blink:

Once this wishlist is complete, can we then start on making recasts of the mods for the 1/55's. Such as:

- Trapeziodal feet

- Extended nose with hinged canopy

- Articulated hands

- Etc...

Does this mean MWers will attempt to rival or improve on Yamato construction and design? Again?

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like this idea....

I would like to see more detail parts/mods added to the 1/60 too

1. canopy

2. intakes and fans

3. airbreak

4.wing flaps...

never mind im;' gettin OT

Why not just find The GBP Tree....recon drone, satelite?

it' s gotta be emiiting some kind of radiation /protoculure signature :lol::lol:

A cost breakdown of all this for the Elint should be something like $60-$75 for the resin parts, $up to $45 for the 1/55, and about $30+ for spray paint, putty, and sand paper. It can be quite pricey, but well worth it if done right. :D Put me down for that if price is right.

i voted for the gbp.

Haha, I need it so you can make a custom elint and GBP for me. Since I haven't the skill, patience, time, etc. to do it right, I nominate you to build it for me. and I have all my reissue / custom stuff sitting in a display cabinet. The treasure chest is only for my 1/55 originals... and it's buried under a spot marked X.

I voted the first day, but didn't comment, but a new recast set of the VE-1 would be fabulous! I wanted to get those sets originally, but got the GBP-1S recast instead. :) Hopefully someone will help out we few, band of frustrated customizers!