Miyatake Design Works Coming At last!

Graham

Finally, an update from the Macross Compendium, that shows the Miyatake Design works book is coming in March

Kazutaka Miyatake

Macross & Orguss

Design Works

宮武一貴

マクロス&オーガス

デザインワークス

Design art collection

A4 size

ISBN: 4896016297

Movic

2005 March, end of (scheduled)

Y3000

Y3150 (tax included

Oh well, 4 years late is better than not at all!

Graham

Awesome, but, er, why'd this get moved to the Toys section?

Err....because I wasn't really sure whether to post it in the anime or toys forum. I mean it's a book, so it's not an anime, but then again neither is it a toy!?????? :huh: .

So I thought, post it first in the Macross anime section so people who mostly visit that section will see the news and then move it to the Macross toy forum as I guess (in my mind at least) a book is closer to a toy than an anime :) .

Graham

What are exactly Miyataka's designs in macross ?

Mostly non-variable mecha (i.e. destroids and ghosts) and spaceships, but also many other things like YF-19's and YF-21's cockpit, protodevilns, bird people, he even refined some of Kawamori's design. In Macross there are more Miyatake's designs than Kawamori's.

FV

Err....because I wasn't really sure whether to post it in the anime or toys forum. I mean it's a book, so it's not an anime, but then again neither is it a toy!?????? :huh: .

So I thought, post it first in the Macross anime section so people who mostly visit that section will see the news and then move it to the Macross toy forum as I guess (in my mind at least) a book is closer to a toy than an anime :) .

Graham

Maybe you should move this to Movies and TV Series forum where books are discussed?

Movies and TV Series

Discussions on the Macross series and Movies

Characters, themes, and books

:p

Does it just cover Macross or does it cover Orguss and the like also?

Given that the title is 'Macross & Orguss Design Works', I think it's a pretty safe bet that it covers Orguss as well :D

Graham

*rams head on wall repeatedly* And I call myself an Orguss fan...

Strange, Miyatake is credited with the Regult (At least that's what Zinc says) and yet it's also in Kawamori's design works. Did Kawamori do polishing and Miyatake the design?

I don't know weather this should be on my Christmas list for next year or if I should make the effort to get it as soon as it comes out.

I don't think out of print will be an issue though...Kawamori's Macross design works is still available at Animebooks.com (though is this a bootleg? Can't tell...) So I'm guessing (and hoping) the Miyatake book will also be available here. (From the same site if possible...)

Looks kewl so far! Any news whether they will cover Mac Zero on this one?

I have a friend in Japan who's willing to pre-order the book for 10 orders..I have posted a thread in the For Sale section HERE

Anyway, if we couldnt get enough orders, I'll still gonna buy from him ;)

Would be über-great if Kevin could put his hands on some of them :)

Graham

Maybe you should move this to Movies and TV Series forum where books are discussed?

Movies and TV Series

Discussions on the Macross series and Movies

Characters, themes, and books

100% agreed: I've been 'lucky' to find this thread... :p

Rar. Tell me where I can get it from here and I will persue this book until it is mine.

For it will be one of the few Orguss books I can get without resorting to E-bay (Unless that's the only place it's available...along with the rest of whatever Orguss stuff lingers out there :( )

Even though the title says Mac + Orguss, is this a complete summary of all Miyatake's works or is it just those two?

(not that I'm complaing. Being the rabid mech fan I am, the more space for Orguss and Macross, the better...but then it is a mech book, so why am I ranting?)