Are you going to pick up The Two Towers DVD?

UN Spacy

Are you going to pick up LOTR: TTT DVD.  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to pick up LOTR: TTT DVD.

• Yes. But only THIS version.
    • Yes. I'll get THIS and the Director's Cut DVD
    • No. I'm waiting for the Director's Cut DVD
    • No. I'm not getting either of The Two Towers DVD's
    • Maybe.

I wonder if Jackson when he releases his masterpiece whole boxed set of the movies if he is just going to merge them all, in other words, no credits at end of Fellowship. it goes straight to Two towers, which would have no opening credits, and after the end of two towers no end credits going straight to return of the king. Kinda like when they take an anime ova and take all the eps and just make one long movie out of it. Granted the lord of the rings set would be a 9 hour movie, more like 10 and a half if he keeps all the extended scenes. and who knows he may even add more :blink::lol::D

From what I remember I seeing on E!, they will do the same thing as with Fellowhip of the Ring. They will release the standard edition and release the expanded version in November. Personally, I am waiting to buy all three movies in one collection.

I am waiting for the whole trilogy digitaly remastered with extra-new-featured-directors-cut's-cut and extra-extended-edition film version.....

Until then I am just renting them; much cheaper. W end up buying 3 versions of the same movie?

Now how many people hated the way the Directors cut of LOTR fellowship was made. I mean you had to switch disk in the middle of the movie.

Was it possible to have one soundtrack (DTS and Dolby Digital) to be on seperate disk we did not have to exchange disk.

Besides, this week, gotta save the money for Soul Calibur II.

Ah.....same here. Which one are you going for? PS2? Gamecube? X-Box?

I gotta have my favorite character - LINK! B)

I'm going to have to go with Xbox. The PS2 version was out of it from the start, since I heard that there are mad load times, slow down, and Heihachi sucks (for Soul Calibur II, anyway... well, yeah, with that diaper, he sucked in Tekken 4, too). It was close for Gamecube and Xbox for me, since the Cube has the cooler character but the Box has the better controller. I eventually decided to go with Xbox, since my best friend is getting the Cube version. I want to play as Link, I'll go to his house. He wants to play as Spawn, he can come to my place.

Now how many people hated the way the Directors cut of LOTR fellowship was made. I mean you had to switch disk in the middle of the movie.

Was it possible to have one soundtrack (DTS and Dolby Digital) to be on seperate disk we did not have to exchange disk.

Actually, I don't think I could sit through LOTR without that little break in the middle to go to the bathroom, take a nap, something.

Nope! all movies over 3 hours, VHS or DVD have to have switchage mid movie.

Whohoo! My first post on the new board. :)

I will probably pick up both versions, since the extras in the regular edition won't be showing up in the extended cut.

For those who are buying the DVD coming out tomorrow, what is the best price you have found so far? Around Southern California, the lowest price I've found so far is Circuit City ($14.99).

Well. On my way home from the gym I decided to pass by Best Buy, I was only looking to pick up The Simpsons 3rd Season on DVD. But I cracked and picked up the Two Towers for the heck of it. :p

That's a good price. It's not even worth driving around to find a better price with our gas hikes in L.A.

Luckily my brother will get this, so I can wait forthe extended version.

1 more day!

I was comparing the advertised prices from the Sunday paper ads. Brought Circuit City's ad to Best Buy today and got them to match the price, plus 10% off the difference. Less driving for me, yay. :)

well, i just bought the WS-version for +ACQ-15 at the local wal-mart about an hour ago.

:) :) :)

The sad thing is I still haven't found the FLCL boxset edition. :unsure:

Sadly, no flcl-boxset unless you buy it from online, i guess. Even suncrap don't have the boxset on retail.

FLCL disc-3 (non-boxset) is out on Software Etc, Electronic Boutique, and GameStop stores for $24. You might ask the clerks of these stores if they have any boxed-version left.

Edited by treatment

Psst, why pick it up & sell it? Just rent it, much cheaper!

I'm waiting for the extended edition, it's only 2-3 months until it's out, and the video quality is so much better.

Because by the time it is out in Brazil..... the 4dvd edition will be out. And besides.... I don't have a R4 DVD player.

Wrong Abombz!! The DVD (region 4, spanish, portuguese and english ) is out today here in Argentina and since the dvd was made in Brazil I assume that it is out there too.

The extended edition of FOTR was never edited here and I'm afraid Two towers will follow the same fate.