Macross Zero

Jin_Kune_Do

Hey....i was toying with the idea today, and i wanted to share it with you and hear what you guys and girls have to say.

Would you as a Buyer and/or Collecter (or simple a Macross nerd like me) want to see Yamato make a 1/48 1/14 from Macross Zero? The type Shin pilots with Edgar?

Like something like this in 1/48 scale....i think it would be a nice collection. :D

So how many of you would want to see something like this come true? Lemmie hear ur opinions and prospecs

-Jin

post-4-1062273963_thumb.jpg

That's would make a beautiful toy, but as much as I'd really like one, it'd be silly to have a F-14 having its prices artificially raised because of import costs and a silly UN symbol sticker blocking it from international distribution.

Ah, the infamous 99% wrong Hasegawa kit.

If anything, I'd think Dragon would do a 1/72 diecast one. (Very unlikely though). Hasegawa and Dragon appear to have some sort of agreement with their military releases. However, Dragon's F-14 isn't out yet, and they don't have a D model. (Though their B model would be WAAAAY more accurate than Hasegawa's kit)

I don't think there's much point making a 1/48 toy of an aircraft that's readily available in 1/48 kit form. Yes, I know that a toy would likely be more durable (including movable canopy, landing gear, wings,etc.), but those advantages just aren't enough, IMO. It's enough if someone comes out with custom decals/stickers.

BTW, I picked up a (probably mediocre, but it was only $2) Monogram 1/48 Mig-29 at a yard sale. Planning on eventually building it and displaying with my 1/48 VF-1A; if someone comes out with custom M0 decals for it, I might be interested.

If anything, I'd think Dragon would do a 1/72 diecast one. (Very unlikely though). Hasegawa and Dragon appear to have some sort of agreement with their military releases. However, Dragon's F-14 isn't out yet, and they don't have a D model. (Though their B model would be WAAAAY more accurate than Hasegawa's kit)

Can you PM me what's wrong with the Hasegawa kit?

I'd buy one, but only for around $40-50.

My current 1/48 F-14 cost $17 at Walmart and has a significant amount of diecast. However, the missles are static, there is no landing gear, and the detailing looks pretty bad. I could definitely use a high grade 1/48 to replace it.

If anything, I'd think Dragon would do a 1/72 diecast one. (Very unlikely though).  Hasegawa and Dragon appear to have some sort of agreement with their military releases.  However, Dragon's F-14 isn't out yet, and they don't have a D model.  (Though their B model would be WAAAAY more accurate than Hasegawa's kit)

me too, whats wrong with it?

You might as well make a post, since I'm also curious what's wrong w/ the Hasegawa... not that I'm interested in models (non transforming particularly). Me, I'm inclined for a good 1/48 F-14 mode and use a sticker or two of the UN Spacy "kite" emblem that were extra from my low-viz...

If anything, I'd think Dragon would do a 1/72 diecast one. (Very unlikely though).  Hasegawa and Dragon appear to have some sort of agreement with their military releases.  However, Dragon's F-14 isn't out yet, and they don't have a D model.  (Though their B model would be WAAAAY more accurate than Hasegawa's kit)

me too, whats wrong with it?

Well, I can't field all the answers as to what is wrong with the kit..but, here is what I know: Hasegawa just re-used one of their older molds for this F-14. As such, besides some inaccuracies that I can't point out..the model has the following problems: It is an F-14A...NOT an F-14D like Shin and Edgar pilot in M0. And, the kiss of death for this kit: raised panel lines. That is right folks..no engraved panel lines. To make it look decent you need to sand and rescribe the lines. NoThankYou! So, stay away from it unless you just want to spend the money for those M0 decals in the kit...or you have a lot more time and talent to spend on this model than I do... :blink: Any other experts want to point out the other flaws with this kit? ...I know I missed some..

Go to Wal-Mart and buy a diecast 1/48 F-14 for $17.88, With a cool display stand. They usally hide them in the toy or model areas. In a MotorWorks packageing.

I wouldn't suggest it.

I own the Sundowners version of that F-14 and wish I had my $20 back.

Unpainted pilots, no landing gear, non-removable missles, an apparent lack of many panel lines, non-weathered decals and some misapplied paint apps.

I need a 1/48 F-14 with the quality and detail of the Bulky Lee.

Edited by Etrigan

Its a mostly DIE CAST 1/48 fighter and its only $17.88, and yeah its minus a few details but its a mostly DIE CAST 1/48 fighter for ONLY $17.88. Plus it looks good on display with the 1/48 VF-1. IMO

EDIT: Bonus is its a toy not a model so no painting or stickering or nothin, comes all done up for you. :)

Edited by Spiff