Sign in to follow this  
505thAirborne

BSG Colonial Raptor Moebius kit WIP.

Well after waiting years for this model kit to come out and years after the show ended, I finally have a BSG Raptor for my collection. 

Much like the Vipers & Galactica, it's a straight-forward build, parts line up nice and flush, no wonky gaps. Pilots look ok, I think the MKII Viper pilots were more detailed but they still look good. 

For now I assembled  just a few parts and the rest are held by tape as the whole interior needs to be glued & painted before you can put the main body frame on. 

SSWA! 

IMG_6575.JPG

IMG_6593.JPG

IMG_6592.JPG

IMG_6587.JPG

IMG_6591.JPG

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Had more free time than I realized today, despite the rain I stated working on the inside and tried out some different shades of tan for the Raptor. I like the one I chose so far! IMG_6599.JPG.52852d7f5193720f09bc60114128506f.JPG

Edited by 505thAirborne
  • Upvote 1

Looks excellent, 505thAirborne! Can’t wait to see when it’s done.

• Like 1

You have to buy a separate weapons set?  Even Hasegawa doesn't usually do that, when they're "weapons unique to that aircraft".  

36 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

You have to buy a separate weapons set?  Even Hasegawa doesn't usually do that, when they're "weapons unique to that aircraft".  

Unfortunately, luckily it didn't cost an arm & a leg for the Armament set. 

The only rational I see for that decision is because in order to install the Weapons, you have to find the little starter holes inside the fuselage & wing sections, then fully drill out those holes so you can attach the hard-points for the missiles & rocket pods.... in other words you no longer can open the side hatch/door for Comm section. 

I'll post a pic of the instructions if I confused anyone. :lol:

Nice looking kit, out of curiosity.... anyone know if its the same scale as CaptainAmerica's Raptor kit?