Valkyrie Lego set petition

cypherxv

Pretty neat though I would bet this one gets the 10,000 votes first. http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/638

I've seen that one. It's a really nice model. I just like the proportions on the one I posted. Although you might be right about it reaching 10k before the other model.

True, and it would be well deserved too. That project has been on Cuusoo for a little over a year now... I am currently a supporter and hope he reaches 10k :)

This doesn't mean that my project will no longer have a chance if/when that happens. As long as I am able to achieve 10k votes, my model will have a chance at being reviewd. We had a good run last week. With over 200 new votes and making the Lego Cuusoo top 10 most supported projects for that week, thats pretty good if you ask me!

To the folks at Macross World who have voted and/or helped spread the word, thank you very much!

I have a Lego VF-1A DYRL Maximillian Jenius version done, but I just haven't had the time to take any pictures. I hope to have that posted up here next weekend.

Cheers~

Edited by daikoncat

• 2 weeks later...

The max model you have on your FB page, is it under construction or is it finished?

It's finished, I took some pictures that need some editting...I'm planning on completing that this week.

I did notice I was off on some of the colors...also I forgot to attach the heat shield during the photoshoot...oh well :/

• 11 months later...

As of now, it's still under review. I have a feeling that it either won't get made b/c of all the HG licensing stuff, or it will be a Japanese only release. Either way, I don't foresee this being available to the Western Hemisphere.

Oops, I posted before watching the vid. It didn't make the cut.

Edited by M'Kyuun

Frankly speaking the market for a set like this would be very small. I would be in for a set or two but for some reason the lego store do not ship to Mexico and that would make extremely hard to get it here for a reasonable price.

So they went with the one that didn't require licensing. Also the lamest idea.

In addition they selected the set that is best for marketing. You know women in science sounds much better than a male power fantasy.

As a side note I think that the Zelda set would be a great idea. After seeing what Bandai did with the SHF Mario set and combining this with the Minecraft level snippets you could have lots of sets to build a Lego Zelda dungeon.

Back to the Lego Valkyrie. Since this project was rejected is there a possibility that we can get the plans for this one so we can build it for ourself?

In addition they selected the set that is best for marketing. You know women in science sounds much better than a male power fantasy.

Yep, I'm married to a lady scientist & I have a little girl who loves science. I'm all over this set.

Back to the Lego Valkyrie. Since this project was rejected is there a possibility that we can get the plans for this one so we can build it for ourself?

Yes. A thousand times, yes.

$20 says it's not as good for marketing as it sounds.

You're talking about the scientist set, right?

Well, it looks interesting, fun, and most importantly has a much greater 'play' factor (and do I need to mention that give its reduced number of bricks, it's going to cost less?). If the finished set is reasonably priced (and easily available), I may end up getting it for my daughters.

But as a Macross fan, I'm not the best example, as I'd probably end up getting the Valkyrie. Let's consider some of my students (who play with Lego) - on top of what I already mentioned, they will instantly recognize what it is (if not scientists per se, then teachers).

The Valkyrie? When I draw Valkyries, the boys all ask if I'm drawing Gundam. I've learned that if I say its a transformer, and about half of them get it about half the time (girls are even less). Macross? Even in Japan, it's just not that well known.

So, yeah, what Scyla says.

It sucks, 'cuz I wanted my own Lego Valkrie set, too!