1/60v2 VF-1A UN HQ Guard???

atreyu2112

Hey guys, sorry if it's been discussed but I have never seen a Valk produced in this color scheme, a VF-1A UN HQ Guard (images courtesy of Macross Mecha Manual):

vf-1a-unguard-battroid_small.gifvf-1a-unguard-gerwalk_small.gifvf-1a-unguard-fighter_small.gif

Green is my favorite color and I'd love to add this to my collection. I really like this scheme and think it would very cool to get one. I figure that if we got a Virgin Road and the 1J CF, why not this? Think I might get lucky? Thoughts?

Yamato did show off a custom GnU VF-1A in this paint scheme so at least we know they know it exists.

EDIT - this seems like the perfect toy for a future Macross Chronicles Exclusive.

Edited by jenius

This darkbird only appeared for like 2 seconds in the whole serie. Still a nice scheme to add to the collection if only Yamato would release this :D and even if they do i wonder which of the 4 heads they will put on this mecha.

vf-1a-darkbird-battroid_small.gif

vf-1a-darkbird-fighter_small.gif

post-4684-127832301868_thumb.jpg

Edited by bowman

Old Man, I'm with you on this one....and why stop there? Here's an idea...why don't Yamato launch a competition for fans, those who submit the best paint scheme for VF-1s will get one unit of VF with that paintjob, plus, it will be mass produced!

Just a thought...

Hey, cool! I'm glad I'm not the only one wanting it, but I'd get them BOTH. That Darkbird sure is slick. I sure hope someone from Yamato is reading this thread. Bring it on!

Jenius, would you happen to have a link to some pics of that GN-U?

Hey, cool! I'm glad I'm not the only one wanting it, but I'd get them BOTH. That Darkbird sure is slick. I sure hope someone from Yamato is reading this thread. Bring it on!

Jenius, would you happen to have a link to some pics of that GN-U?

I have a few pics, but can't remember where I got them, and they're on my iPhone, so I can't upload them here. I can email them to you...

I'm almost obsessed with dark colored VF's (they never yellow, too!), and the Darkbird would be a welcome addition to my collection.

Yes we all know about your obsessiveness with the yellowish canopies and valks ;)

But yeah when i saw this scheme months ago i would love to get my hands on this slick valkyrie. What are the odds Yamato would make this? :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

The darkbird looks cool. Make him the limited edition and the green guy the easy-to-get one.

Yep I like those dark colored valks too:

ivanov evil pope sv-51, stealth 1j, vf-17, gamlin vf-22s etc

Put them next to masterpiece skywarp, and you have skywarp's team of dark drones for when he becomes the leader of the decepticons after starscream and megatron kill each other off when soundwave (the king of blackmailing people by recording their conversations) decides to set them both up. Maybe you could add the shadow alpha for some laughs.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I would be all over a 1/60v2 1A HQ Guard, for the following reason: I would put my TV Kakizaki figure in there and make it a "retcon" TV green Kakizaki.

I would also love to get a darkbird. A super 1A darkbird would look killer. Or any head variant really.