Macross Ultimate Frontier for the Sony PSP.

UN Spacy

I've been trying to get through the game as much as possible without using the Nyan Nyan shop (mine's still on Level 1).

If memory serves, EX mode is unlocked once you clear all the regular missions. I recently unlocked Ultimate Mode, and I had to S rank all the regular missions to get it. S ranking all Frontier missions unlocks Fast Pack Klan.

I wasn't really paying attention so there could be additional circumstances (I've been jumping around trying to clear and S rank what I can and if I can't, upgrade valkyries and try again later), but I've got a 99% clear (still waiting for that last password; there are four, right?) and 97% items (anyone know how to unlock Gamlin's black VF-22?). My chronicle mode games range from S to D (mainly been concentrating on clearing the missions, I'll go back and level up and try to S rank later).

Currently working on trying to get EX rankings for all the missions, but still missing a few valkyries.

If I can't progress any further, I'll probably try leveling up the Nyan Nyan shop, but I want to see how much my mad skillz can unlock first.

My game showed up in my mailbox. So here goes a newb question. What is the age all about on the char screen. I notice if you go to 1 or up to 70 your stats go down ofcourse since you are very old or way too young. Does your char age through the game? For the min maxers is their an optimal age if it never changes?

My game showed up in my mailbox. So here goes a newb question. What is the age all about on the char screen. I notice if you go to 1 or up to 70 your stats go down ofcourse since you are very old or way too young. Does your char age through the game? For the min maxers is their an optimal age if it never changes?

Age only affects your starting stats i think and you call still level them up to the max. My character has 99 for every stat except for the 4th one which I don't know what it is or why its stuck at 36. I have 100% items and 97% missions from getting S or SS on everything except a few of the chronicle missions.

After leveling up some major units (namely the Ghost-X9, & VB-6), I decided to take a crack at the freeplay missions. And as expected, those were the only units necessary to SS them. The Ghost can take on just about any pilot single/duo in this batch of mission (I went with 4 Ghosts) no sweat. Just as long as its not a confined space mission (i.e. the Ozma or Bodolza one) you're gold. The VB-6 (again went with 4)makes short work of the other missions (confined space & command ship), and cuts through anything like a hot knife through butter. AFOS? No problem. Bodolza? No Problem. Battle 7/Galaxy/Macross Quarter/Vajra Queen Grace? Absolutely no problem. Just stick low to the ground to dodge beam cannon specials, and fire the gun rounds and you'll be done before you know it.

I'm not going to say the game is easier with these missions, as I think it's more of an issue of this game having better units in it than MAF. Had the Ghost or VB-6 been around then, they would have made just as short of a workout in the freeplay missions as they do in MUF> Suffice it to say, they should also make for some interesting head to head battle fodder.

A decent way to get about 5000 tune points and 7000 nyan points is the last mission of the Plus campaign "Wanna be an Angel"

Command skill is Kakizaki's special and Auto skill Crusher that does double damage to large ships.

Just take out the first few waves of the drones and VF-11Bs. When the Ghost shows up use Kakizaki's special to nuke it.

Then on the second part get up close to the SDF-1 and use the special, which will wipe it out in one shot.

Don't know if anyone's already doing it to farm for some points.

Quick question.How do I build up my defense. It seems that the more I play, the more my defense stays the same. I thought if I shoot down missiles launched at me would help, but still. My defense stat stays the same. :(

Edited by SkullLeaderVF-X

your defense/ block stats can only be boosted by, erm, defending.

Basically, the easiest way is to place yourself infrom of a starred enemy unit and once they are activating their specials, press the L shoulder button to block. only by doing blocking movements can your stats for defence be increased.

The 1st most often is the survival of your partner... the 2nd or 3rd condition varies. If your mission is to protect someone/ something, the remaining health of the object your are supposed to protect is pro-rated in the scores.

sometimes, the condition is to clear all remaining/reinforcement enemies brfore the main enymy is destroyed

couple of others, but i have not fugured them out yet

your defense/ block stats can only be boosted by, erm, defending.

Basically, the easiest way is to place yourself infrom of a starred enemy unit and once they are activating their specials, press the L shoulder button to block. only by doing blocking movements can your stats for defence be increased.

Heheheheh... Would you believe me I hadn't figured that out? Sheesh... I've got 99 in everything except defense... I usually just avoid.

Found a good mission to get tons of points on really easily. The mission in the Frontier timeline that has you destroying eggs. The first part is really easy if you spam your machine gun. The second part is really easy if you spam RS missiles (oh, I'm using Armored Ozma at the moment to farm this mission). Only thing to watch out for is the final vajra that has the star symbol will almost always open the fight with his special beam cannon attack. Time your own special just right and you will be immune to his and kill him with the very end of yours (if using Armored Ozma).

Forgot to mention that every time I got between 5500-7800 shop points with the "extra shop points" skill thing that the support partner had. (So no clue how many tune points I would have gotten).

Edited by protostar8

Forgot to mention that every time I got between 5500-7800 shop points with the "extra shop points" skill thing that the support partner had. (So no clue how many tune points I would have gotten).
How do I get that skill to work? I have it equpit to my co-pilot and mysel, but still no dice.

How do I get that skill to work? I have it equpit to my co-pilot and mysel, but still no dice.

The "support" person has to have it. Like someone already mentioned, it's a "O" autoskill. Row 4, Column 4 (read left to right). Looks like the Shop face thing smiling. Just select it with the support character and use them for your support. This makes you get zero tune points but extra shop points. Pretty nice if you are done with a fighter and just want shop points.

The "support" person has to have it. Like someone already mentioned, it's a "O" autoskill. Row 4, Column 4 (read left to right). Looks like the Shop face thing smiling. Just select it with the support character and use them for your support. This makes you get zero tune points but extra shop points. Pretty nice if you are done with a fighter and just want shop points.
Ahh. And thats why it's not working. I'm using Minmay and she doesnt have it yet.Thanks for the help.^_^

Ahh. And thats why it's not working. I'm using Minmay and she doesnt have it yet.Thanks for the help.^_^

You're welcome. Somebody helped me, so I'm just passing on the knowledge. Though it would be really cool if you could stack skills. :)

Has anyone done a shop guide yet? I'm now at level 20, S or SS on all missions except Chronicle and still no Era Unlock or Stat Unlimiter option in the store...grrrr....

Edited by protostar8

Anyone figure out how to S rank the Enemy Aimo? I realized I had not S ranked that one, maybe that's why I don't have the store options I'm wanting unlocked?

A souped up Koenig Monster should do the trick. Max out the gunpod and use anything extra on health and armour and then spam that gunpod. Since you're shooting two, if all the bullets hit, you'll get combos of 200+, and if you up the attack power, you can finish the stage in a couple of minutes. With this tactic, I've been getting SS on all the big boss stages.

Edit: And that's weird. Until today, I didn't have that one S ranked either (only A) and I already had the options that you're missing unlocked (my shop level is at 1 since I'm trying to avoid using the shop).

I'm thinking S ranking Chronicle stuff is the only way to get the characters I'm missing and Gamlin's VF-22 without using shop credits.

Edited by sdf2501

A souped up Koenig Monster should do the trick. Max out the gunpod and use anything extra on health and armour and then spam that gunpod. Since you're shooting two, if all the bullets hit, you'll get combos of 200+, and if you up the attack power, you can finish the stage in a couple of minutes. With this tactic, I've been getting SS on all the big boss stages.

Edit: And that's weird. Until today, I didn't have that one S ranked either (only A) and I already had the options that you're missing unlocked (my shop level is at 1 since I'm trying to avoid using the shop).

I'm thinking S ranking Chronicle stuff is the only way to get the characters I'm missing and Gamlin's VF-22 without using shop credits.

Have you S ranked all the Chronicle missions or something? I just don't get why it's not unlocked for me??? Is there an option you have to turn on or something? Maybe I've already bought it and had it, just don't know it???

Edited by protostar8

Wish they would do a PS3 version with 1080p.

That would hold me over while I lust for my ultimate desire: PS3 1080p VF-X3 (VF-0 through VF-25/27), including free form multi-player on PSN

I don't know if this applies to all of the armors of fast packs, but type B also has a different special than the type A. I know the VF-0 with the Type A Type B Ghost Booster has a different special attack than the VF-0 with Type A.

Corrected due to a typo.

To clarify the quoted post, Type A stays on no matter how much damage you take, but gives a melee special instead of the ammospam that Type B gives, which itself is dumped if you take a certain amount of damaged.

I just realized that for some reason, the game didn't offer the "era select" again after I completed the Macross Saga. That being said, I apparently haven't done the second Macross saga. Hopefully doing it will unlock what I want...GRRRR!!!!

Edited by protostar8

I just realized that for some reason, the game didn't offer the "era select" again after I completed the Macross Saga. That being said, I apparently haven't done the second Macross saga. Hopefully doing it will unlock what I want...GRRRR!!!!

That's probably it. I'm fairly certain I had rankings all over the map on that one until I was able to level up a bit, so it should just be enough to clear that era to unlock those features.

The biggest annoyance in this game to me is the limitation to a specific airspace. I don't know how many times I've lost fights because I got caught trying to turn around at the edge of the fight area. It's really bad when you're fighting something like the AFOS or the Macross Frontier and wind up getting caught between the enemy and the airspace boundry. Granted, I know I should be paying better attention to the radar, but sometimes it just can't be helped. It wouldn't be too bad if the game kept you from going too far from the battle. If I remember correctly, that's how the Macross PS2 game worked it.