Macross Frontier Girls Part 2

Vinnie

This is a poll up to episode 10, will post again in another 5 episodes.  

276 members have voted

1. 1. This Frontier Girl is my favorite so far....

• Sheryl Nome
    • Klan Klan
    • Ranka Lee
    • Nanase Matsuura
    • Cathy Glass
    • Nene Rora
    • Raramia Rerenia
    • Monica Lange
    • Mina Roshan
    • Grace O'Connor
    • Kanaria Berstein
    • Ram Hoa
    • All of the above one at a time again, just to be sure.
    • All the Zentraedi Babes (Pixie Sq) at once!
    • None of the above.
    • Dude these are cartoon characters. You guys are sick!
    • Still not sure.

Aside from Klan, who seems to be rather straightforward by nature, I think all of the girls have shown themselves to have a caustic side by now. Even little Ranka had venom in her eyes when she stood up to tell the director that she'd be playing Mao. :lol:

Fiestiness is good!

Edited by Swampstorm

I'm still really surprised Ranka hasn't gotten more of the votes after episode 10.

Although it seems that Nanase's ranking got a boost either from the grassroots campaign efforts of BOING or the shower scene in Episode 8.

Is this poll rig??

why would ranka drop to 4?

this is impossible.

sheryl have gotten very popular, she is very bitchy, like in 10, she keep calling for alto in a very very angry voice and show an angry face.

Because no one has any memory of the series beyond the latest episode, right...? :rolleyes:

Sheryl's still my #1, probably moreso now that she's decided she wants to be a pilot too. She's not happy until she excels at everything she sets her mind to!

Klan did warm up a bit for me as well, especially seeing her softer side in recent episodes.

Ranka's still low on my list, but I get the feeling she's gonna have a series of shining moments in the near future that'll propel her to near the top, if not all the way.

I think that if Grace wasn't such a bad girl that she would at least have some votes. I think that Leon nearly qualifies as a girl too.

Taksraven

Nanase of course.

Ooh, Ooh, where did you get that picture of Nanase you use in your avatar??? I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, PLEEASSSE!!!!!

Ooh, Ooh, where did you get that picture of Nanase you use in your avatar??? I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, PLEEASSSE!!!!!

From the B.O.I.N.G thread. ^_^

post-351-1212975895_thumb.jpg

This is such a hard thing to answer >.< It's really a tie between Ranka and Sheryl; they balance each other out when it comes to their conversations, confrontations and their roles as well as their music. Klan Klan is cute though! I have to see more of her before I make a solid take on how I like her character.

Honestly, I like Sheryl. She's really grown on me over the last few episodes. I also like how she plays off her attraction to Alto at times. You can tell she's got a little bit of frustration at Alto not really noticing her in the love interest light from time to time. I think that may be changing for him too.

Hi, new member here making my first post.

To me, it actually comes down to a tie between Ranka and Nanase. I love the innocent, shy personality of Ranka and really sympathize with her efforts to be an idol. At the same time, Nanase is great because she has a decent personality and is easily the most attractive girl in the show.

In the end, I decided to vote Ranka because poor Ranka needs more votes. Hopefully she becomes more of a competitor for Alto because right now, Sheryl is beating her by a mile.

Macross World = Sheryl Country like pretty much every other major English anime forum.

Why do you say that? Is Sheryl not as popular with the Japanese watchers and another character is? If so, which one? *curious*

Why do you say that? Is Sheryl not as popular with the Japanese watchers and another character is? If so, which one? *curious*

Actually I think she's more popular in Japan as well, she's ahead of Ranka in last month's newtype poll, she actually got on last months Animage poll which Ranka didn't, I've seen two online polls in Japan and she was leading in one and the other Ranka is. I think Ranka is more popular on 2ch but 2ch is the land of moe and loli so if she wasn't I would be shocked. I've been told she's overwhelmingly popular on chinese forums as well...

Maybe because she works in a Chinese restaurant and looks adorably sexy in a mini cheong sam? :3 (I personally think it's more of the latter)

You misread me or I didn't phrase it well enough, Sheryl is the overwhelming favorite on Chinese forums not Ranka. She was more popular after Deculture (Day 1 sheryl fans ftw!) where as on English forums I think it took until Star Date for Sheryl to be more popular.

You misread me or I didn't phrase it well enough, Sheryl is the overwhelming favorite on Chinese forums not Ranka. She was more popular after Deculture (Day 1 sheryl fans ftw!) where as on English forums I think it took until Star Date for Sheryl to be more popular.

Maybe the Chinese don't realize how bitchy she really is. :lol: But yes, she's cute sometimes. :)

Uwaaaah! Gomen! I did misread it :wacko: I like Sheryl too though. The woman knows what she wants. But for some reason I can't draw her well :( *sigh*

Definately Sheryl, I'd be extremely surprised if she didn't wind up with Alto.

Mmm but from my PoV I see all these slight nudges in the episodes towards Ranka and Alto; something more meaningful and ambiguous is placed between those two. That isn't saying Sheryl, who is obviously the more popular of the two (both in the series and with viewers), hasn't been getting such treatment as well but it seems more forced I guess. It's what people expect yanno? Granted it's only episode 10, soon to be 11, released yet so things could definitely change!

Voted Sheryl.

Maybe the Chinese don't realize how bitchy she really is. :lol: But yes, she's cute sometimes. :)
You mean Sheryl turns bithier later? More likely those Chinese didn't realize how cute she really is as her popularity is on the rise recently in chinese forums.

Mmm but from my PoV I see all these slight nudges in the episodes towards Ranka and Alto; something more meaningful and ambiguous is placed between those two. That isn't saying Sheryl, who is obviously the more popular of the two (both in the series and with viewers), hasn't been getting such treatment as well but it seems more forced I guess. It's what people expect yanno? Granted it's only episode 10, soon to be 11, released yet so things could definitely change!

Bad news, we don't have 11 this week because of Eurocup.

Which part(s) make you think there are nudges pushing to Ranka and Alto pairing? You must a real Ranka fan to ignore the fact Ranka knows nothing about Alto and don't care to know until someone tells her that she knows nothing about her crush.

Edited by herbert

Definately Sheryl, I'd be extremely surprised if she didn't wind up with Alto.

If you follow anime trends Ranka is a 90% chance to win... seriously the amount of women in Sheryl's mold who wins is low... Last one.. maybe Shuffle? Thankfully Kawamori bucks the trend with his women... let's hope he doesn't slip up here.

Edited by Westlo

Which part(s) make you think there are nudges pushing to Ranka and Alto pairing? You must a real Ranka fan to ignore the fact Ranka knows nothing about Alto and don't care to know until someone tells her that she knows nothing about her crush.

It's not about being a "real" fan, it's about observing the scenes the pair share with one another. Alto gives her advice and has shown sincerity and concern for her well-being...you can take that as a more brotherly approach or the potential to have something more grow from it. Ranka isn't 100% oblivious to how Alto is as a person and to his personality; she's just rather naive and thinks she can have her cake and eat it too without some compromise. I see Ranka getting hurt in the future, either it be with her strained relationships or what have you, but it'll make her grow. At least, I hope we'll see such developments.

Edited by Mandy