Macross Frontier Girls Part 2

Vinnie

This is a poll up to episode 10, will post again in another 5 episodes.  

276 members have voted

1. 1. This Frontier Girl is my favorite so far....

• Sheryl Nome
    • Klan Klan
    • Ranka Lee
    • Nanase Matsuura
    • Cathy Glass
    • Nene Rora
    • Raramia Rerenia
    • Monica Lange
    • Mina Roshan
    • Grace O'Connor
    • Kanaria Berstein
    • Ram Hoa
    • All of the above one at a time again, just to be sure.
    • All the Zentraedi Babes (Pixie Sq) at once!
    • None of the above.
    • Dude these are cartoon characters. You guys are sick!
    • Still not sure.

You would be surprise that the age of consent in mostly Christian countries is between ages 13 - 16

It seems it was Max.

edit: forgot the image file.

wow. imagine that. i always thought it was hikaru, coz i never saw any glasses.

but looking from this picture, i could make out a very very faint outline of the bottom part of max's glasses. looks like it could be max alright.

just goes to show you, even after all these years watching SDFM, you could have still missed something. :)

Anyone notice that in some scenes, especially emotional ones, Sheryl's hair is pinker than usual? Now, is this simply the animators playing with the lighting, or could it be an ability of hers (she's secretly also quarter Zentran, the gene for the ears was simply repressed)? :blink:

i think it could be lighting. her emotional scenes so far have happened in places with less sunlight, thus her hair has an illuminating effect. at the very least, it could be an animation technique to highlight the importance of the scene.

but i wouldn't put it past SK to suddenly reveal it as a plot point later on. :D

You would be surprise that the age of consent in mostly Christian countries is between ages 13 - 16

It seems it was Max.

wow. imagine that. i always thought it was hikaru, coz i never saw any glasses.

but looking from this picture, i could make out a very very faint outline of the bottom part of max's glasses. looks like it could be max alright.

just goes to show you, even after all these years watching SDFM, you could have still missed something. :)

That's Hikaru's visor...not Max's glasses. (BTW, only time Hikaru ever had his visor down, not including the OP...and "Phantasm.")

That's Hikaru's visor...not Max's glasses. (BTW, only time Hikaru ever had his visor down, not including the OP...and "Phantasm.")

haha. good point. sigh, of ALL the times to have his visor down, it just had to be this scene in faded black and white. :)

oh well, when in doubt... just shrug and say "it doesn't matter" (and then lay awake at night thinking about it until dawn. :p )

Edited by dreamweaver13

you need to play the accoustic version of Totsugeki love heart that was played at the finale of 7,

Recently, I got a hold of more Macross MP3s and decided to wake my girlfriend up with them in the morning... she was cooperative - although sometimes I wonder whether she really enjoys them, or whether she's just listening to it to make me happy - as strange as this might sound - but this woman authentically does lots of stuff for the sole purpose of making me happy and not necessarily because she wants to - great girl...anyways... I played My Soul for You, Try Again, Todsukeki Baby (sorry for the bad spelling on that one!) and...voices (vocals).

She LOVED Voices.

Go figure... I like Voices too - Japanese version of course (the english translation is wierd...particularly with the "Reclining Spleen" ... :) ) ...

ANYWAYS...err...back to the topic at hand...

Sheryl's mega-popularity might have something to do with the fact that she has now officially become the underdog. Ranka's "underdog" status lasted about 2 episodes - episode 3 and episode 4.... in episode 5 she suddenly sang better than Sheryl - and it was all uphill from there.

Sheryl has seen her carrier sidetracked, her home-fleet destroyed, her health take a beating... she's been upstaged by Ranka almost all the time...

Face it folks -Ranka isn't the underdog - she's the lead and getting more leadish as things go...and now SHE will have memorable adventures with Alto exploring the Macross while Sheryl lies around sick with...Grace (who, let's face it, is no fun).

I think this is generating a big sympathy vote for Sheryl...

I dunno - in any case - it is interesting that Ranka rates so low - it's not even neck in neck - even if Ranka's numbers rise, Sheryl would have to rip her face mask off and reveal that she is Honey to plummet.

Speaking of which - that's exactly what happens in episode 14. Sheryl is really HONEY!

If you don't remember who that is (although how could anyone forget?) - go rewatch M7 ;)

VFTF1

Face it folks -Ranka isn't the underdog - she's the lead and getting more leadish as things go...and now SHE will have memorable adventures with Alto exploring the Macross while Sheryl lies around sick with...Grace (who, let's face it, is no fun).

VFTF1

Lol Grace being no fun is the least of Sheryl's problems when it comes to Grace, I can't wait for the episode when Grace makes her move and Sheryl finds out she was used and manipulated... and that's the best case scenario too for Sheryl when it comes to Grace...

And yes 12 has played the sympathy card for Sheryl and it has worked well when combined with her strong and playful character shown so far, it seems to have rallied a lot of fans to Sheryl on Japanese BBS since the talking point of 12 isn't "Yay Ranka" it's "Poor Sheryl" and "Go for it sheryl" etc.

Like I said last page I wouldn't be surprised if Sheryl's numbers go up next poll, especially if they take the triangle angle where I think it will go.

Edited by Westlo

Sheryl's mega-popularity might have something to do with the fact that she has now officially become the underdog. Ranka's "underdog" status lasted about 2 episodes - episode 3 and episode 4.... in episode 5 she suddenly sang better than Sheryl - and it was all uphill from there.

Sheryl was popular in these polls even before episode 12. I don't get what you are saying.

By the way, in terms of fan art in pixiv.net, Ranka got more. Her nyan nyan dance was the most popular subject of fan art for the first episodes. It was equaled only by fan art of loli Klan Klan, with just a single episode with this character out (it reappeared only with episode 9)! Then it was ninjin loves you yeah. After a while Sheryl recovered ground a bit, also because the next episodes portrayed favourably. Sheryl was usually drawn in her concert outfit. The most popular outfit for her after that is the green shirt of episode 5, not a chance since in that episode she was more likable. Sheryl started even substituting Ranka in her own scenes: there was Sheryl with a carrot costume for instance and other variations. Now, with episode 12, Ranka consolidated her upper hand. Her キラッ☆ (the "I love you" sign with sparkling stars) is the current most popular subject of Frontier fan art. It's so popular there are many variations with characters not from Frontier (I saw one with Crilin doing a Taiohken, and Piccolo going deculture). There is also here and there some romantic fan art Ranka X Alto which was lacking before.

Also, Ranka's phone got more fan art than Bobby.

1083579hf8.th.png

FV

ANYWAYS...err...back to the topic at hand...

Sheryl has seen her carrier sidetracked, her home-fleet destroyed, her health take a beating... she's been upstaged by Ranka almost all the time...

I think this is generating a big sympathy vote for Sheryl...

I agree that her now-underdog status could further increase her popularity among the viewers. but it can't be the reason for her over-all popularity, coz she's been the top queen long before ep12. put simply, she's just the better character. :)

I dunno - in any case - it is interesting that Ranka rates so low - it's not even neck in neck - even if Ranka's numbers rise, Sheryl would have to rip her face mask off and reveal that she is Honey to plummet.

Speaking of which - that's exactly what happens in episode 14. Sheryl is really HONEY!

If you don't remember who that is (although how could anyone forget?) - go rewatch M7 ;)

Dude, even in this thread?? is nothing sacred anymore??? :D

First post and first vote to Queen Sheryl, long may she reign. I initially had problems because she seemed aloof and cold in the first few episodes. But she has everything a guy could want, brains, strength, looks and a completely loveable emotional soft spot. She is definitely the better character, poor Ranka cant really compare.

I was tempted to vote for Grace (as a Inoue fan), or for Cathy (especially after the shower scene), but no one can really rival the queen right now.

I demand more character development for Cathy and Grace!

I thought Ranka would gain some more support because of ep11.

Probably is by the time the episode 15 poll comes around the sympathy vote will be in Sheryl's favor completely... I mean 12 alone made more fans sorry for Sheryl than the previous ones for Ranka.. and I base this on about 4-5 english forums, according to some posters the official macross bbs is pretty much in support Sheryl mode after her fall in 12.

And 12 won't be the last of it...

Edited by Westlo

First post and first vote to Queen Sheryl, long may she reign. I initially had problems because she seemed aloof and cold in the first few episodes. But she has everything a guy could want, brains, strength, looks and a completely loveable emotional soft spot. She is definitely the better character, poor Ranka cant really compare.

And so Honey Suzuki gains another helpless lover...

So tragic

VFTF1

Hey, at least I put up a fight. It took three whole episodes before I succumbed to Sheryl´s charms :lol: .

Episode 13...She IS FLYING!!! I think I'm nuts. The way she reacted to Alto in their conversation in the VF was just classy B))

Edited by mike_s_6

Episode 13...She IS FLYING!!! I think I'm nuts. The way she reacted to Alto in their conversation in the VF was just classy B))

So when we can see VF-25 Sheryl Special? ^_^

Both Sheryl and Ranka looks hot in flight suit, they need to try wearing plugsuit sometimes ^_^

So if we get a second season which would obviously be set after a time skip I'll say the chances of Sheryl being an ace pilot would be high... I actually wouldn't be too surprised if she's fighting with Alto in the last few episodes...

So if we get a second season which would obviously be set after a time skip I'll say the chances of Sheryl being an ace pilot would be high... I actually wouldn't be too surprised if she's fighting with Alto in the last few episodes...

Ooh, the new Max and Millia? A fight like that would rock.

But except for getting away from a planet blowing up

she is not under pressure from anyone shooting at her yet. I will wait until she survives her first dogfight.

Ooh, the new Max and Millia? A fight like that would rock.

But except for getting away from a planet blowing up

she is not under pressure from anyone shooting at her yet. I will wait until she survives her first dogfight.

Next episode will probably bring you just that.

Next episode will probably bring you just that.

Somehow I don't just see Michael switching over controls to a beginner during what looks to be biggest battle yet in the series...

Speaking of Michael and Sheryl, anyone else get a vibe of a possible pairing down the road? Can't say I find it likely, but I'm not objecting to the idea either.

*earns the wrath of the KK-community*

Somehow I don't just see Michael switching over controls to a beginner during what looks to be biggest battle yet in the series...

Speaking of Michael and Sheryl, anyone else get a vibe of a possible pairing down the road? Can't say I find it likely, but I'm not objecting to the idea either.

*earns the wrath of the KK-community*

She may not be the pilot ( unless Michael gets knocked out during combat or somesuch ), but she´ll most probably be part of the dog-fight. Ranka would probably go all "Eeeeeeeeeek!" if that would happen, I don´t see it with Sheryl.

And no, I don´t see SherylXMichael. All the times Sheryl blushed in his presence was due to things related to Alto.

And the wrath of the Sheryl fanclub.

Maybe Micheal and Grace, she can just keep swapping bodies to keep him interested. If Sheryl and Michael get together I think they would use each other and then split up. Sheryl said she´s not into easy guys and Michael would get bored of her.So each would consider the other just a diversion.

Maybe Micheal and Grace, she can just keep swapping bodies to keep him interested. If Sheryl and Michael get together I think they would use each other and then split up. Sheryl said she´s not into easy guys and Michael would get bored of her.So each would consider the other just a diversion.

Bored of her? The galactic fairy? Who's now into piloting as well? He'd be hard pressed to find a more multifaceted gal. :blink:

As crazy as it sounds I guess you're right though. Plus there's nothing really Sheryl would see in Michael (though the same could be said of Alto)

Just thought it'd be nice if they tried breaking the mold of the main triangle a little. And as stereotypcial he is (not to mention a little flat?) I think Michael's

a pretty okay character...

Besides, Michael is

secretly a lolicon

Edited by d3v

Just wondering, the co-pilot seat Sheryl sat on Michel's VF-25, what is its real purpose? Seems to have identical controls as the main pilot's.

I always thought the second seat is often meant for navigators or a partner to transmit combat data on the go during intensive dogfights.