Macross Frontier Episode 2 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 2: "Hard Chase"  

174 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Yeh! Alto got a girl in the cockpit! (Positive)
    • Meh (neutral/No opinion)
    • I can get a girl in my cockpit better (Negative)

yeah i'm not a big fan of loli, but ranka is definitely 10x better than mylene, mao or that zolan girl, the zolan girl probably being the worst. heck i thought kate's kids from mac plus were cuter than the zolan girl.

@MisaForever yeah, i like Ranka alot too!! I'm so glad her character design was just right and not too much "acting cute" coz that'll be very irritating to me.

so according to the official website, Nanase is very supportive of Ranka being a singer... That pic of Nanase is really.... very "exaggerating" :lol::wub:

and also...

bobbykg9.jpg

errrm, i just read the characters description from the official website, and found out that the helmsman of SMS Bobby Malgo(sp?) is secretly in love with Ozma :wacko:

not sure if u guys know this already....

After listening to his characters voice for about 2 seconds it was pretty clear that he was meant to be gay. Great hair too,

Taksraven

@MisaForever yeah, i like Ranka alot too!! I'm so glad her character design was just right and not too much "acting cute" coz that'll be very irritating to me.

so according to the official website, Nanase is very supportive of Ranka being a singer... That pic of Nanase is really.... very "exaggerating" :lol::wub:

and also...

bobbykg9.jpg

errrm, i just read the characters description from the official website, and found out that the helmsman of SMS Bobby Malgo(sp?) is secretly in love with Ozma :wacko:

not sure if u guys know this already....

Ozma knows about Bobby's homosexuality or not ?

Ahem...

Well, this is primarily intended for the mods, but I also hope to hear other opinions.

You see, I got a bit of a dilemma with this thread. It's to much spoilers! :angry: Complete spoiler free. That's not too much to ask for, is it?

Or can it be that I'm just too sensitive and whiny? :rolleyes:

You have to think for yourself. I was reading the speculation on this thread until it became clear that people were watching the episode. Then I stopped looking at the thread until I had watched it. Then I started reading the thread again. A little bit of self control is all you need. Be patient.....

Taksraven

Kinda like going through the same with you a couple of days ago... :rolleyes:

The fact I am stating is that it was secret for at least 50 years, which where I "got the information from", a question you apparently already forgot. When it was written is irrelevant and a weak basis to support your argument. Until otherwise retconned, it stands.

What stands? The "fact" that you are stating isn't one at all, and that is the events in Macross Zero are no longer secret. That entry was written 4 years ago, it had nothing to do with Frontier. At that point, that Macross chronology didn't extend past the 2040's. Nowhere does it state that the information was declassified. Nowhere.

Oops forgot the pic?? :wacko:

Sktechley believes this could be the latest model of New Macross Carrier we saw in Attacker mode in the beginning credits. He could be right, it's too early to tell at the moment.

Sktechley believes this could be the latest model of New Macross Carrier we saw in Attacker mode in the beginning credits. He could be right, it's too early to tell at the moment.

It could very well be. The scaffolds are definitely hiding a vessel of some sort. Which means there will be 2 transformable carriers in the fleet at least. One belonging to the NUNS and the other to the SMS.

yeah i'm not a big fan of loli, but ranka is definitely 10x better than mylene, mao or that zolan girl, the zolan girl probably being the worst. heck i thought kate's kids from mac plus were cuter than the zolan girl.

Mao was trying too hard to be jailbait.....

Taksraven

After listening to his characters voice for about 2 seconds it was pretty clear that he was meant to be gay. Great hair too,

Taksraven

Hey, ALL the gay characters in Macross have great hair...Mash, "Honey" Suzuki, Basara, Gamlin, Isamu, Guld...the list goes on and on...

Hey, ALL the gay characters in Macross have great hair...Mash, "Honey" Suzuki, Basara, Gamlin, Isamu, Guld...the list goes on and on...

Are you trying to stir everybody up with the last two on the list????? :lol:

Taksraven

this is just sheer speculation, but i think sms occupies a ship that is docked with battle 25 like the prometheus was to sdf-1. it would make more sense rather than a separate transformable ship because in episode 2 the sms building and hangar are clearly accessible from the frontier city dome. i guess it could be possible that 2 separate ships are docked to the dome city, but that would look kind of wonky.

What stands? The "fact" that you are stating isn't one at all, and that is the events in Macross Zero are no longer secret. That entry was written 4 years ago, it had nothing to do with Frontier. At that point, that Macross chronology didn't extend past the 2040's. Nowhere does it state that the information was declassified. Nowhere.

Thank God there isn't a window in your head, all the squirrels running in different directions would be hillarious.

The "fact" IS this, read slowly so you don't miss anything.... The events of Zero were classified for at least 5 decades. This was written 4 years ago and has yet to be changed, and thus to everyone here but you, has some historical relevance to the franchise, regardless of the era. Now at no point did I say that a declassification was a "fact", however, I did fail to add any qualifiers to the statement so I can see how some ( :blink: ) might take a drop of water and try to make an accusation of creating an ocean.

Now on to some interesting conversation.... :rolleyes:

Man, I love this show.

I've decided I have no idea what is going on. Spent way too much time thinking about it, and I could be wrong on all counts. Could be anti-UN forces (the mystery variable fighter made me think of them in Zero) for all I know. I'm going to do less theorizing and more watching.

"I'm going to do less theorizing and more watching."

thank you!!!

Thank God there isn't a window in your head, all the squirrels running in different directions would be hillarious.

ok zinjo can u and duke take your annoying little spat elsewhere please? mac zero and it's declassification have very very little relevance at all to this episode. i realize that we can't avoid endless speculation about a new series, however annoying it is, but pointless bickering and insults over speculation? come on people, what could possibly come out of arguing over speculation? how bout u guys start your own "possible connections between mac zero and frontier" thread?

Edited by cyde01

I've decided I have no idea what is going on. Spent way too much time thinking about it, and I could be wrong on all counts. Could be anti-UN forces (the mystery variable fighter made me think of them in Zero) for all I know. I'm going to do less theorizing and more watching.

AGREED! B))

I propose that a mod take some of the photos that have been posted and turn them into a captioning contest, they're just too sweet to pass up.

Now the debate raging in my head... download RAW now or wait for subs? Heck, why not do both? Then it's like two separate holidays per episode!

... guess that was a short debate. :D

wow, amazing episode, but the cliffhanger ending is too mean, now we have to wait another week to see what happens

anyway, won't say much about it since most of it has been said

but I really really love the detail of how Alto's is using the VF, if you notice carefully, when he's grabbing Ranka on gerwalk, he's carefully touching 4 buttons on the joystick that most likely control each finger... SWEET!!

love this kind of details, and I also liked how Alto was denied getting a VF...unlike certain other shows were kids get into robot just for the heck of it and everyone lets them do it

and how the hell did Sheryl's earing end up with Guilliam belongings?

Just watched the second episode and must say that I loved it. The action scenes and the character interaction was all there. Also, the flow of the episode was a step above the broadcast version of ep. 1. I also agree that the episdoes never seem long enough. Then again, I think this for most anime television episodes. They always get you really hooked and then BAM!! The end of the episode. Ah well, guess I gotta be patient and wait for ep. 3.

and how the hell did Sheryl's earring end up with Guilliam belongings?

Good question and makes me go hmmm...

The blood testing is similar to what Dr. Hasford and Aries Turner did to the Mayan people from Macross Zero. Also the markings on the Varja are very similar to the patterns in Macross Zero. I know Sheryl shares the same last name as Mao and Sara, but I wonder what else she shares with them. Did Mao or Sara have earrings like Sheryl's?

Ranka screaming definitely had some kind of effect on the Varja as does Sheryls singing. Anima Spirtia? Also the Varja maybe bio-mechanical like Bird Man was. Maybe there is a humanoid pilot inside?

I wonder if the pilots have to press a button so that the X-gear doesn't engage the Umbilical Chord. Wouldn't it be funny to see one of the Valk pilots after a hard day's sortie get out of the fighter and forgets to press the button and gets yanked back into the plane :D LOL

Good question and makes me go hmmm...

Everything that was on the ToolBox top were probably items recovered probably from the damaged aircraft of Giliam and from the pool of blood that was formerly known as Giliam. The earing might have dropped from Alto's possession as he was piloting the VF25. You'd be surprised how many artifacts I can find if I cleaned up my car-seat :D

Edited by Holocause