Transformer Super Thread 6

mpchi - How about some pics please???

:)

Still pretty rough on the weathering. Will post pics when I get to refine it more in a day or two. While it feels slightly fiddly compare to Prime (clean blocky limbs) with all the weapons and stuff, Brawl look pretty badass with some paint. When put side by side, it looks like he can take out Prime any day. :lol:

Saw a Leader Brawl at target today. He does look pretty good in person, but I still wasn't compelled enough to drop $40 on him. I figure if I regret not picking him up I can just get the desert deco version that's coming out later on. I like that one better anyway.

Animated looks a little Justice League, very cartoony, and not really robot enough for my tastes. That said, I'm still probably going to get both Primes, Starscream, and Megatron (if they stick with the G1 colors).

Its animated by the same team that did Teen Titans. Megatron is G1 colored in both Cybertronian and earth modes.

Personally - i think the series and designs look great - good to see the 'bots going in another direction - we've had the boxy original (simple) G1 designs, the beast wars era and the other CG stuff, the crazy busy (crap) movie versions, the Dreamwave incarnations, the cool contemporary designs of the IDW comics (E.J. Su & Co. Rock) - and now these.

Plus the toys look awesome!

Edited by Kurisama

See, the thing is, I'm sure to batty and moan about how lame the new cartoon is... while DVR-ing every episode and buying half the toys.

Dammit, I just realized I'm a fanboy!

You post on a forum dedicated to an obscure 1980's anime, and its taken you this long to realize your a fanboy? :lol:

i'm at least glad they didn't stick with robot designs without skin/armor.

Agreed mate.

:ph34r:

@wolfx - thanks for the great link, lots of cool pics. New toys look interesting. I'll definitely get a couple.

:)

After reading some posts on TF boards, I went to my local Kohls today and picked up Deluxe Arcee & Dreadwing. They had about 10 of each, along with Wreckage, Swindle, & Scorpnok. No Concept 08 Bumbleebee anywhere.

:(

So if you are looking for TF Movie Deluxes, try Kohls.

No probs. I see myself probably buying the whole darn toyline for the animated series. And I was one of the original ppl who b**hed and moaned about the new designs. Good grief talk about karma giving me a big slap in the face. >_<

I especially love Grimlock, Starscream and Bulkhead. ;)

Prime and Megs are probably a must-get.

No probs. I see myself probably buying the whole darn toyline for the animated series. And I was one of the original ppl who b**hed and moaned about the new designs. Good grief talk about karma giving me a big slap in the face. >_<

I especially love Grimlock, Starscream and Bulkhead. ;)

Prime and Megs are probably a must-get.

I'm all for the chunky ones: Lugnut and Bulkhead (hope the colours turn out nice).

Grimlock is really nice too.

You post on a forum dedicated to an obscure 1980's anime, and its taken you this long to realize your a fanboy? :lol:

I thought I could take a pass, because I don't actually have any Macross toys or models. Now I realize it's just because I'm too lazy to import the good ones and too occupied buying Transformers instead.

Yeah, I had the hardest time trying to find Jetfire when Classics were all the rage. Now the Transformers section isn't anything but Jetfire, Classics Voyager Prime, and amazingly enough, movie Voyager Prime and Voyager Megatron. I'd be more excited about the Prime, except I already picked up the Robo-vision version from Target, and I think the lighter blue looks better.

i'm sure a lot of fans would want this and other future titaniums to be released. maybe the line could be like family guy and start up again after it was cancelled.

Spent a couple days fixing up the Leader Brawl I made quite an effort to hunt down. Very happy with the result, even though its a little rough. Basically an enamel flat black dirt wash with some minor paint touch up, similar to my Leader Optimus Prime I post previously. With this visual upgrade, Brawl started to look even better than my Leader Prime.

IMG_4273-1.jpg

IMG_4276.jpg

IMG_4277.jpg

IMG_4279.jpg

IMG_4290.jpg

IMG_4282.jpg

IMG_4284.jpg

IMG_4281.jpg

IMG_4287.jpg

IMG_4288.jpg

Edited by mpchi

Oooooh... you're killin me with those pics. I've ben wanting to grab Leader Prime and Brawl for a while and repaint them, because really, such complex designs just scream for detailed paint jobs.

WW Grimlock is amazing, and I would LOVE a WW Prowl to go with him... Prowl is one of my fav characters, and the WW design is just gorgeous.

Added more pics I couldn't upload last night. Yeah, think I'll paint those clear missile launchers everntually. Just don't have any matching paint just yet.

In terms of application, I just apply a pretty diluted enamel flat black all over the guy, make sure all the seams and details are soaked with black (as if you do panel lines, but with more excessive paint so that there are more for the dirty look). Then let it dry, and smudge them off with brush, Q-tip, and sometimes fingers, to the look you desire. Then apply some silver paint marker on edges and corners where you want to look worn, especially on those milky white plastic parts. With the combination of the dirt wash, it makes them very metallic, without having to paint over the whole thing.

Yeah, I was gonna mention that you really need to paint the launchers... why the heck are they clear in the first place?

Alright... new question... I just saw some pics of Ultimate BB, and I've gotta ask, wtf is $90 paying for? It's mis-proportioned and cheap looking... what happened?

Yeah, I was gonna mention that you really need to paint the launchers... why the heck are they clear in the first place?

Other than the launchers lighting up, no other particular reasons I see them being clear plastic.

looks like the next g1 encore reissues will be ironhide and ratchet. this is good because maybe they'll continue on with the others in somewhat chronological order. ironhide and ratchet were only reissued once and they were hard to find. too bad i have them already. what if all the cars are reissued this time? what if a blue bluestreak is reissued? what if cassettes, minibots, dinobots, takara makes a deal and reissues jetfire? the last one probably not. cool news though.

Edited by sh002

cool if they definitely release all of these for classics 2.0

Sunstreaker

Sideswipe

Octane

Galvatron

Jazz

Prowl

Ultra Magnus

Ironhide

Smokescreen

Silverstreak

ooh, ironhide and ratchet are good additions to the line. i always wanted them to remake those two, so they started from the same vehicle sculpt they do now, but transform to look more like the characters in the show. The robot mode now is pretty retarded looking.

cool if they definitely release all of these for classics 2.0

Sunstreaker

Sideswipe

Octane

Galvatron

Jazz

Prowl

Ultra Magnus

Ironhide

Smokescreen

Silverstreak

Classics is now under the Universe banner, but from what I've heard, Sideswipe, Sunstreaker, and Octane are all coming.

I'd like to get my hands on Encore Prime, but he's already going for $80-100 online. That that kind of money, I might as well just track down an original G1 Prime.

saw an encore optimus on ebay for around $68 shipped. the rest were higher than that. still cheaper than getting the bootleg g1 version. damn just saw the prices for the takara reissue optimus dreamwave art version. expensive.