25th Anniversary GI Joe

JELEINEN

Umm... he was always Lt. Falcon... even in the movie... count the number of times he was addressed by rank.

post-515-1214248726_thumb.jpg

There is No Lt. on the front of the original figure, which according to David, matched the movie perfectly and if it doesn't match the movie, it isn't Falcon.

That was what I was referring to.

Like how Flash is now Sgt. Flash.

And no, I won't count the number of times in the movie because I don't own it.

For me the movie was where G.I. Joe started to suck and never quite recovered.

The Intro was great though.

Edited by chowyunskinny

post-515-1214248726_thumb.jpg

There is No Lt. on the front of the original figure, which according to David, matched the movie perfectly and if it doesn't match the movie, it isn't Falcon.

That was what I was referring to.

Like how Flash is now Sgt. Flash.

And no, I won't count the number of times in the movie because I don't own it.

For me the movie was where G.I. Joe started to suck and never quite recovered.

The Intro was great though.

:lol: I didn't expect you to litterally count... But I think it's a rights issue probably. Same reason why it's Nemesis the Immortal, Spirit Iron Knife, G.I. Joe Hawk etc etc etc... but he was always a Lt. and he was called by his rank much more often then other characters like Duke (how come Lt. Falcon kept getting bossed around by two Sgts anyway).

The cartoon was all downhill from the movie anyway, I mean the DiC episodes were just gross. But yes the intro is the best part of the GI Joe movie...

:lol: I didn't expect you to litterally count... But I think it's a rights issue probably. Same reason why it's Nemesis the Immortal, Spirit Iron Knife, G.I. Joe Hawk etc etc etc... but he was always a Lt. and he was called by his rank much more often then other characters like Duke (how come Lt. Falcon kept getting bossed around by two Sgts anyway).

The cartoon was all downhill from the movie anyway, I mean the DiC episodes were just gross. But yes the intro is the best part of the GI Joe movie...

no worries, was just trying to differentiate between the original figure and the new comic 2 pack figure on a technicality so that our resident color obsessed mod can lower his blood pressure a little bit :lol:

Edited by chowyunskinny

Um, I was just abbreviating. I consider his "full" codename to be Lieutenant Falcon. But that's a lot longer to type and harder to spell. Same for General Hawk.

let's put all of Hawks codenames together! General Clayton "Tomohawk GI Joe Hawk" Abernathy.... how's that for long to type? :lol:

Define "better", the Storm Shadow/Firefly comic was just a serious of witty comebacks that felt like they belonged in an issue of Cable and Deadpool... and the Shipwreck/Leatherneck comic was totally pointless (havn't picked up Duke/Redstar yet)... I prefer the "inbetween the pages of the marvel comics" comics that actually add something new (granted the Firefly/Storm Shadow did but only a few panels of import)...

Though in terms of artwork these ones blow the other exclusive comics away.

The Duke/Redstar comic had a semi-ok plot, cheesy, and stereotypical ... but better than the others Hama has written. And I didn't mind the other two either, although I agree that the Storm Shadow/Firefly comic was like an issue of Cable and Deadpool.

:lol:

So I finally got caught up on my Devils Due stuff... M&A II, All the Transformer crossovers (I really dig that continuity) and of course I picked up America's elite where I left off... from issue 12... wow I shouldn't have left off there everything from 13 to 30 (last issue I read, I will pick up the last 6 issues tomorrow... is 36 out yet?) was pure gold.

It's not just some of the best GI joe writing ever, it's some of the best comic wirting I've ever read. wow, double wow!

I finally received my Doc earlier this week. Only had to wait 11 weeks from the time i sent the order form in until the time Hasbro finally got it to me. I had actually given up on ever receiving it.

I wonder what the typical turn around time is for these things.

Thanks for the comic pack pics.

Just kinda bums me that the standard IG's are packed with a repainted Destro.

I'm sure it ain't gonna stop folks from troop-building though. :rolleyes:

I finally received my Doc earlier this week. Only had to wait 11 weeks from the time i sent the order form in until the time Hasbro finally got it to me. I had actually given up on ever receiving it.

I wonder what the typical turn around time is for these things.

Well, my experience isn't the best example because they both went in before the actual start of shipping, but my original Doc order from at the end of January shipped at the end of April (among the first batch) and my second (done as a backup) was put in at the beginning of April and arrived mid-June. If nothing else, it gives you an idea of the backlog they had from before the first shipping date.

Just haven't been interested in much since I got my Snake Eyes v3. If they do some real Army Builders, I'll be down. Especially some Iron Grenadiers to go with my IG Destro.

Just haven't been interested in much since I got my Snake Eyes v3. If they do some real Army Builders, I'll be down. Especially some Iron Grenadiers to go with my IG Destro.

I got good news and bad news for you/

There will be some IG.

Bad new is that they come in a comic pack with a variant colored IG Destro.

FYI: lots of cool 25th Anniversary Cobra army builder packs coming: news from JoeCon dealer room:

- 5 pack Cobra desert assault set

- 5 pack Cobra arctic set

- techo viper

- night viper

- 5 pack firefly vs. greenshirts set

- 5 pack crimson guard set

- 3 pack IG destro with IG senior command

- 3 pack with cutter, yellow torpedo?, some other guy?

- 3 pack Wild Bill & 2 other guys??

Checkout pics gallery at Hisstank here: http://hisstank.com/gallery/Hasbro-Dealer-Room?page=1

Thanks for the link, Vermillion21.

I'm guessing Wild Bill's crew is Ace (in pilot get-up) and Grand Slam.

And I'm guessing that the dude with Torpedo (seriously, yellow?! :blink: ) and Cutter is Deep Six.

Of course, these are just educated guesses on my part.

Techno-Viper looks interesting.

But Hasbro, please. Can you guys stay clear away from the science-fictiony/Cobra-La stuff for a little while longer? I know a bunch of us would rather have Airborne, Quick Kick, Dusty, Low Light, Mutt & Junkyard, Covergirl, Crazylegs, Ripcord, Eels, Blowtorch (porkchop sandwiches!!), Monkeywrench, Zarana, Strato-Vipers, Steeler (w/VISOR), Zap, Short Fuze, Leatherneck, Wet Suit, Alpine, Kwinn, Outback, Tunnel Rat, Sgt. Slaughter, and a whole host of others BEFORE we see some of these other custom figures.

FYI: lots of cool 25th Anniversary Cobra army builder packs coming: news from JoeCon dealer room:

- 5 pack Cobra desert assault set

- 5 pack Cobra arctic set

- techo viper

- night viper

- 5 pack firefly vs. greenshirts set

- 5 pack crimson guard set

- 3 pack IG destro with IG senior command

- 3 pack with cutter, yellow torpedo?, some other guy?

- 3 pack Wild Bill & 2 other guys??

Checkout pics gallery at Hisstank here: http://hisstank.com/gallery/Hasbro-Dealer-Room?page=1

Ok, why Purple for what looks like to be the IG Officer? Yuck. Lemme guess, Gold goggles of the Snow Serpent is an officer? Looks like Star Duster and a new ?Ace? with Wild Bill. Also looks like deep Six with Cutter and ?Torpedo?. We got another Flint in desert color? They have Sci-Fi and Big Boa too. Golobulus and the Cobra La soldiers? Man, Movie was bad enough and now we get the 25th toys? Army builder pack looks cool except for the desert pack set. Who is this Predacon and Black Banshee? Also we getting the Indiana Jones WW2 2 1/2 ton truck now painted with Cobra markings? And Steeler without his binoculars?

Panel Images

They have Sci-Fi and Big Boa too. Golobulus and the Cobra La soldiers? Man, Movie was bad enough and now we get the 25th toys? Army builder pack looks cool except for the desert pack set. Who is this Predacon and Black Banshee? Also we getting the Indiana Jones WW2 2 1/2 ton truck now painted with Cobra markings? And Steeler without his binoculars?

Customs

Also, I doubt the Terrordome or Flagg will ever come out again. It wasn't likely a few years ago, I doubt will happen now or anytime soon.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Panel Images

Customs

Also, I doubt the Terrordome or Flagg will ever come out again. It wasn't likely a few years ago, I doubt will happen now or anytime soon.

According to HISSTANK:

Larger vehicles will be shown tomorrow as well, possibly the rumored Rattler. The panel mentioned no promises on the Flagg, Terrordrome, or the Defiant, but if they can get someone to pick them up, they do want to do them.

Still a small possibility... but yeah very unlikely, esp. seeing as how the BMF (Big Millinieum Falcon) is already retailing for $150+, A Flagg would probably ring up in the neighborhood of $300, the Terrordrome and the Defiant maybe $200+?

Way too much news to summarize, just go to HISStank.com now. Read this especially: http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/a-real...holy-crap-7427/

Anyways---Rattler confirmed, Target exclusive. Comes with Wild Weasel--who looks EXACTLY the same as the one already released. Means I wasted every penny I spent on the comic 2-pack. :p

http://hisstank.com/gallery/Joecon-2008-Sa...rday_2008_00006

Anyways---Rattler confirmed, Target exclusive. Comes with Wild Weasel--who looks EXACTLY the same as the one already released. Means I wasted every penny I spent on the comic 2-pack.

Now I am wondering how in the hell Hasbro figured out a way to shove Wild Weasel into the cockpit, must have remolded the entire interior.

As far as small vehicles go, I hope they get around to reissuing the Polar Battle Bear, Chameleon Swamp Skier, Sky Hawk and Ferret.

I've sifted through all the info at Hisstank and YoJoe and didn't see any mention of these.

I think the Skyhawk was announced with Lift Ticket.

Also, the new Skystriker in the cartoon has been said to be a YF-23. Pray we get a toy that is not a remold of the tiny Storm Eagle.

Seems odd that it would be a YF-23, since it never made it past the prototype. I know the Joes always got experimental/high-tech stuff, but the F/A-22 would make more sense to me. But please no http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/04/thunderwingjet/ at the very least come up with a new mold. I'm still holding out hope for the Skystriker to get re-issued.

Its confirmed by Hasbro that the original Skystriker tooling it no longer available. The joes did have the YF-23 once, as the Storm Eagle but it was too small. Proportion wise, it was much better than the Thunderwing though. The 23 along with other Northrop planes is known as one of the "best ones they never made". Its one hell of a Skystriker update, as the company that made the 23 merged with Grumman years ago.

IF we do get a skystriker I think it will be the new 23....if its a classic one in addition to that, its got to be a new mold, since the old tooling isn't available.

I don't want one over the other, I want both. Keep the 23 sleek and proportionate and don't give it any gimmicks that will bloat it like the thunderwing.