Gundam Plamodel Thread - II

The Zaku Cannon and Tank are very cool looking MGs... I can definitely see getting atleast the Cannon.

I really hope the G-Armor is not sold with the MG Gundam ver2... such a waste of space. That's the reason I haven't gotten a Metal Fix Gundam, as it's a really nice looking figure, and has some die-cast in it, but I refuse to pay for the should-have-been-an-add-on G-armor crap that takes up more space than the figure and jacks the price up.

The Zaku Cannon and Tank are very cool looking MGs... I can definitely see getting atleast the Cannon.

I really hope the G-Armor is not sold with the MG Gundam ver2... such a waste of space. That's the reason I haven't gotten a Metal Fix Gundam, as it's a really nice looking figure, and has some die-cast in it, but I refuse to pay for the should-have-been-an-add-on G-armor crap that takes up more space than the figure and jacks the price up.

I know what you mean. I'm also not a fan of the G-Armor stuff. Exact reason why I wrote earlier that the Metal Fix is bit too expensive. I'm also not a big fan of the Katoki-fied RX-78. I like some of Katoki's works but his "Ver. Ka." rendition of the classic RX-78 is blah (IMHO).

If it was a MG Gundam ver2 combined with a Core Booster kit, I'd be all over it. Where's my HGUC, MG, or PG Core Booster kit!

got the Ptolymaios last night; this mother is gonna be HUGE when built! The little gundams inside are pretty good, though some o their softer parts are a bit bent.

I looked it up just now, The battle ships are neat, If I were still into gundam id get some of their battleship models but im burnt out...

Gundam plot= Two or more armies at peace, A terrorist attack starts a huge war, One rebel force fights and beats the odds... the cycle continues... need I go on further?

You= not knowing a Gundam plot if it smacked you in the face.

Be nice now. Some people have never seen anything else besides 00, or heaven forbid, Wing. Just point them at a Gundam forum and feed them to the lions.

Some of us haven't seen anything besides episode 8 of Turn-A-Gundam :)

But I am now downloading all of OO; will then go to Turn-A, and eventually Wing. Have heard good things about Seed - but I think I'll save "the best" for last :)

VFTF1

Some of us haven't seen anything besides episode 8 of Turn-A-Gundam :)

But I am now downloading all of OO; will then go to Turn-A, and eventually Wing. Have heard good things about Seed - but I think I'll save "the best" for last :)

VFTF1

Better yet skip the crap that is 00, Wing and Seed and go for the Gundam series that don't suck because those three are terrible. Watch the original MS Gundam and follow it up with Z Gundam.

You= not knowing a Gundam plot if it smacked you in the face.

FYI I have seen and own dvd sets of the following Z gundam, 0079, 0083, 0080, 08th MS Team (Best OVA IMO) F91, ZZ gundam, Chars Counter Attack (Best Gundam Movie IMO) Seed, and seed destiny... and you know what? its getting old at least for me it is...

I dont mean to start a flame war here I wont say anymore, its just my opinion of the series and that is all.. Im not saying its terrible and I do think most of the U.C series is worth watching. But too much of anything is a bad thing, that is all.

If anything I am encouraging anyone seeing this to watch most or all of the gundam series I have listed, Ive seen them all and theyre great. I was just simply stating my current feelings on continuing with the series as I am not.

Edited by transfan52

YES! No more painting mouth vents!

1210961635846rl9.jpg

And are they giving us a Striker attachment (see lower right corner)....

impulse.jpg

You know thats a problem ive always had with gundam models... MGs in particular... its quite annoying trying to paint in the mouth vent panel lines on MGs because the gaps are so small and you have to be careful not to let the marker slip off and draw a big dirty black line on the rest of the peice... I think its a good thing theyre taking out some of the more annoying detailing element out of their MG line.

u know u can wipe the lines off right? I do it a hell of a lot....

I know but its still a pain in the a$$... and im one of those perfectionist modellers that can percieve even the slightest tint of grey or black on a white peice of plastic. I want it to look clean and perfect and to do that I sometimes resort to using thinner to completely remove the slight tint left over to get a completely white finish.

I know its not the best way to remove a stain and it melts the plastic slightly but I use very little so its not too noticeable.

Edited by transfan52

It's actually fairly annoying to have the mouth vents and head vents empty space... because then those of us that actually paint their models have to add in a backing to those parts to paint them, because otherwise they look weird, and you can tell they are a void into empty space... if nothing else they should really have some photo-etch mesh screens behind them to add some depth and detail...

It's actually fairly annoying to have the mouth vents and head vents empty space... because then those of us that actually paint their models have to add in a backing to those parts to paint them, because otherwise they look weird, and you can tell they are a void into empty space... if nothing else they should really have some photo-etch mesh screens behind them to add some depth and detail...

Doesn't seem that bad.

02gk8.th.jpg

But then again, it is a display...

I don't know... shouldn't vents be like vents? Naturally open instead of having a painted-in look? A mesh-screen effect shouldn't be too difficult to do out of scratch.

Looks like Bandai did a "Think Tank" on the Guntank.

Or should I say "It's alive!!!"

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=x1aubQHRCsQ

As for the Gundam Ver.2... well I think the inner frame should be good but the outer shell is a bit too retro for me.

Those "sponge feet" are an abomination to the eyes actually. 50/50 on this MG.

Edited by lechuck

This is going to sound stupid but when did Bandai start making HGUC with ABS plastic? I've noticed some of the newest models have at least 1 sprue of ABS. Are the newer HGUC's as durable as the MG's with ABS?

I stopped building anything but MG years back(well and even then I rarely build) because MG was the only thing aside PG with ABS. Has the addition of ABS helped with the HGUC's?

I am thinking about picking some up. I am a very casual modeler and I want to take a stab at painting this time. I figure an HGUC is the right way to go for me since:

-its relatively cheap

-offers a wide selection of obscure mecha that might not ever be made as a MG

-easy to find

The main ones I am looking at are the new Zaku F2 from 0080, and this green GM with dual saber staff.

This is going to sound stupid but when did Bandai start making HGUC with ABS plastic? I've noticed some of the newest models have at least 1 sprue of ABS. Are the newer HGUC's as durable as the MG's with ABS?

I stopped building anything but MG years back(well and even then I rarely build) because MG was the only thing aside PG with ABS. Has the addition of ABS helped with the HGUC's?

I am thinking about picking some up. I am a very casual modeler and I want to take a stab at painting this time. I figure an HGUC is the right way to go for me since:

-its relatively cheap

-offers a wide selection of obscure mecha that might not ever be made as a MG

-easy to find

The main ones I am looking at are the new Zaku F2 from 0080, and this green GM with dual saber staff.

Ive built one or two of the earlier HGUC and they dont really need a whole lot of paint to tell you the truth. the colors are pretty accurate out of the box and even the earlier HGUC that werent made with ABS were pretty durable. Id highly recommend getting one just to see if you like it. Painting would make it look nicer but make sure you get accurate colors or else itll look off.

Ive built one or two of the earlier HGUC and they dont really need a whole lot of paint to tell you the truth. the colors are pretty accurate out of the box and even the earlier HGUC that werent made with ABS were pretty durable. Id highly recommend getting one just to see if you like it. Painting would make it look nicer but make sure you get accurate colors or else itll look off.

I'm talking specifically about the new HGUC's. The last time I built an HG model was way back in the mid 90's when Gundam Wing models were imported, this was a couple years before they were released in TRU after Gundam Wing got huge on Toonami.

I've built models with no paint before, but its a wish of mine to take the time and paint one well this time around.

I'm talking specifically about the new HGUC's. The last time I built an HG model was way back in the mid 90's when Gundam Wing models were imported, this was a couple years before they were released in TRU after Gundam Wing got huge on Toonami.

I've built models with no paint before, but its a wish of mine to take the time and paint one well this time around.

Im talking specifically about the HGUC line dopey. Not the regular HGs your dumb man.