Gundam Figure Thread

Does anyone know whats supposed to be so special about the 1/144 SHCM Pro RX-78-2 Gundam - Shizuoka Model Kit Show Limited Edition?

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail

I'm guessing but maybe some of the stuff seen in the canyon attack on the obsolisk. I'm thinking hovertank, kiki and motorbike, the ROV and net gun. Just a guess though.

I got the SHCMP gundam for $30 at a local shop in the US. They have some special deal that gets them cheap gundam stuff. Even cheaper than I found stuff in japan.

I'm guessing but maybe some of the stuff seen in the canyon attack on the obsolisk. I'm thinking hovertank, kiki and motorbike, the ROV and net gun. Just a guess though.

I got the SHCMP gundam for $30 at a local shop in the US. They have some special deal that gets them cheap gundam stuff. Even cheaper than I found stuff in japan.

Holy crap, I wish I had a local shop like that. Best I have is a comic shop with a mountain of marvel legend figures.

found exia, virtue and dynames MSIAs at a local hobby store. so I caved in and got Exia but havent played with it yet. Lots of lil accessories I didnt expect cause I never owned an msia before. but man are they tiny.

Does anyone know whats supposed to be so special about the 1/144 SHCM Pro RX-78-2 Gundam - Shizuoka Model Kit Show Limited Edition?

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail

First I've heard of such a thing. Picture attached to the page doesn't show anything different.

Maybe it's an exclusive package?

Wierd that no other info exists, though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is this the thread for HCM-Pros? I'm absolutely in love with the little guys. WAYYYYYY better than MSIAs, thanks to the lack of gashapon disease and the nicer joints. So far I have:

Here's what I have:

RMS-106 Hi-Zack Titans

MSJ-06II-A Tieren Ground Type

MS-06J Zaku II Land Type

MS-06F Zaku II (New Markings Version)

MS-06JC Zaku II (MS08th Version)

2x RX-79[G] Gundam

I love every single one of them.

Vostok 7

I've always wondered, why havn't they gotten around to making a HCMP for the dendrobium? This seems like the perfect line for it.

Oooohhhhh a 1/200 HCMP Dendrobium would be awesome. They could put some details into it and it wouldn't be so danged huge like the others. And probably wouldn't be outrageously expensive either. I had the MSIA Dendrobium and it was a MONSTER. Awesome, but a monster. Very hard to display. I can't imagine what the 1/144 HGUC Dendrobium is like!

So yeah, I'm all for a HCMP Dendrobium! Do it Bandai!

I'd also kill to see a HCMP Kampfer and some other nice obscure Zeon suits, like a HCMP Zudah. I for one would LOVE something other than the MSIA YMS-16M Xamel, like a HCMP version *hint hint*.

Vostok 7

I've been willing Bandai to do a Denby since the line's first year and still nothing bigger then a mobile suit has come out.

No Dendrobium, no meteor and probably no GN Arms for Exia, I don't get it myself, it's not like Bandai at all.

Going back to the HCM-Pro Interview posted by Gunota from way back in 2006:

Gundamer.com presented the first of a three-part interview with Matsuoka-san, in charge of the HCM-Pro line within Bandai's Hobby Division. As this section of the interview is entitled "The Birth Of HCM-Pro", most of the discussion is about how the line came to be and what goes into making them. One interesting portion follows:

Q: "They had character merchandise for L-Gaim and others in the High Complete Model days so why not expand the HCM-Pro line like that?"

A: "Basically, I really want to. That possibility exists down the road. Since I put ideas about scale toys first, when I talk about extremes, I want to create not only robots but also things that are detailed but bring an element of play. To apply a detailed feel to, for example, a character's bike or his plane or something. I've been thinking it'd be nice if we can expand the merchandise."

- With a new line of merchandise, they start with the First Gundam stuff but they also attempt to mix in others for fans. At the very least, they try not to put out a single MS without some kind of logical context behind it. "If we do this one, then there's also this other one." Pointing to CCA as an example, the Nu and Sazabi are the two lead MS but then they have to consider that Amuro also flew the Re-GZ before the Nu.

- Why CCA HCM-Pro's now? Matsuoka-san says they're focusing on the Amuro/Char rivalry story element carried through MSG & Zeta and ending in CCA.

- Why the Jagd Doga first in the CCA line instead of the Nu or Sazabi? More or less, they're releasing them in the order they appear in the story.

- Since large-scale items have shown up in the MSiA line, the possibility of mobile armors for HCM-Pro is asked about. Matsuoka-san says he wants to try it and that the Psyco Gundam Mk II has been under consideration. He also seems to hint that the Elmeth will be next, pointing out the flashback sequence in CCA in which Char's Gelgoog (already released in the middle of the CCA HCM-Pro line-up) also appeared.

Q: How long does it take to release a product?

A: Starting with art drawing, about a year. Right now we are working on April or May release product. (*Interview took place in June) Creating the metal mold is the process that takes up the most time.

Q: Will there be a ver Katoki HCM-Pro releases like in plamodels?

A: We're thinking about it little. Something like a designer version releases.

So bigger items have been discussed, but not having seen anything in almost two years is pretty disappointing and not a good sign.... :(

So bigger items have been discussed, but not having seen anything in almost two years is pretty disappointing and not a good sign.... :(

Actually the destroy gundam from GSD was released. That's about the same size as psycho gundam...maybe a tad smaller but not that much. Too bad the big one's cost so much. Destroy was like $68, so I imatine that Psycho would be like $100 since it transforms. The sad thing is how the price has risen so much for the regular size ones. Akasuki from seed is like $50 on its own and its a regular size mech. They need to keep the costs of the regular size mechs down below $25. Even the EZ8 is $30. Same with the GM sniper. Bandai is starting to milk us dry.

Yeah, I remember reading that. Well the Elmeth didn't happen and they did put out the Destroy from Destiny (completely forgot about that one, lol) so I;ve no idea what to expect from Bandai at any time, ever. They're either really predicatable or really random.

HCM-Pros are the only Gundam products that I collect still today.

Not a big fan of 00, but HCM-Pro Tieren was one of the greatest figure IMO.

They should do GN-Arms for HCM-Pro Exia and Dynames, which may open doors for the bigger things.

HCM-Pros are the only Gundam products that I collect still today.

Not a big fan of 00, but HCM-Pro Tieren was one of the greatest figure IMO.

They should do GN-Arms for HCM-Pro Exia and Dynames, which may open doors for the bigger things.

Yeah, I love my HCM-Pro Tieren. The LC mode is awesome.

I get tempted to get new MSIAs every now and then but I'm moving now to just holding out for HCM-Pro versions. They're just so much better. Pretty much any more I stick to MGs, selected HGUCs and now HCM-Pros. I'm just sad I ignored the HCM-Pros for so long :(

I picked up one of the Evangelion HCM-Pros the other day, EVA-01 from Rebuild. Pretty impressive. Some things about it could be better, but it's nicely poseable and came with an insane amount of extra stuff which is always cool.

Vostok 7

Yeah, I love my HCM-Pro Tieren. The LC mode is awesome.

I get tempted to get new MSIAs every now and then but I'm moving now to just holding out for HCM-Pro versions. They're just so much better. Pretty much any more I stick to MGs, selected HGUCs and now HCM-Pros. I'm just sad I ignored the HCM-Pros for so long :(

I picked up one of the Evangelion HCM-Pros the other day, EVA-01 from Rebuild. Pretty impressive. Some things about it could be better, but it's nicely poseable and came with an insane amount of extra stuff which is always cool.

Vostok 7

I also got the HCM-Pro Eva 1 recently. The shoulder guards pop off a lot when posing but it's a really nice figure and the elbows are insanely posable (I wonder how they work).

And my HCM Tieren and Super HCM-Pro Char Zaku should arrive in two weeks or so. This line is really good, hope Bandai does some Macross Frontier HCM-pros ^_^

Edited by Twoducks

I also got the HCM-Pro Eva 1 recently. The shoulder guards pop off a lot when posing but it's a really nice figure and the elbows are insanely posable (I wonder how they work).

And my HCM Tieren and Super HCM-Pro Char Zaku should arrive in two weeks or so. This line is really good, hope Bandai does some Macross Frontier HCM-pros ^_^

My big complaint with the EVA-01 is the hands, they like to pop out all the time. But they hold the weapons OK. Also, the balls on the sword hands seem to be a little small and don't like to stay in, but that's fixable. Just the way the hands are held on the arms could have been a little better, but I suppose the way they are done allows some decent flexibility you can't get from a standard socket like on a Gundam HCMP.

The elbows tripped me up too :lol: I had to look at them a few times before I even realized they ~could~ move :lol: I kept looking at the box like "Geez, it shows the elbow flexing but it sure doesn't look like it can! Oh! I'm an idiot, and that's really cool!" :lol:

Vostok 7

My big complaint with the EVA-01 is the hands, they like to pop out all the time. But they hold the weapons OK. Also, the balls on the sword hands seem to be a little small and don't like to stay in, but that's fixable. Just the way the hands are held on the arms could have been a little better, but I suppose the way they are done allows some decent flexibility you can't get from a standard socket like on a Gundam HCMP.

The elbows tripped me up too :lol: I had to look at them a few times before I even realized they ~could~ move :lol: I kept looking at the box like "Geez, it shows the elbow flexing but it sure doesn't look like it can! Oh! I'm an idiot, and that's really cool!" :lol:

Vostok 7

Yeah, my left hand keeps falling off. The rest I don't know since I've only taken the Eva out of the box.

Funky elbow action (notice that both arms are in completely unnatural poses):

post-2996-1207178589_thumb.jpg

post-2996-1207178719_thumb.jpg

And a gallery: http://momoja.blog61.fc2.com/blog-entry-345.html

I've got the original Gundam, a Zamu release, the Asshimar, the Mk II, a Nemo, and the Sazabi fig... they're pretty nifty, and well detailed for their size... I've been trying to work my way thru decaling and detailing them some, but I've only managed to finish the RX-78-2 so far, which came out pretty nice. Haven't picked up many others bc/ I prefer larger stuff and only UC appeals to me, but they're pretty nice overall. The Asshimar is one of my favorites, along with the Sazabi.

According to the left hand links on that site, Gundam Heavy Arms, Deathscyte and Wing are next! I saw the Ground type GM today for $25.99. These things are tiny, but you guys have them, so are they worth the price?

Full official adverts are already up for Deathscythe, Wing, Heavy Arms and sapce type Tieren.

Wing pros all have great display stands and cool effects parts (Heavyarms is instant awesome), space Tieren has alternatable armour parts.

http://www.1999.co.jp/search.asp?Typ1_c=10...p;ItKey=HCM+Pro

I'd probably get into these if I had anything else in that scale and if they were cheaper. As it is, MSIA, though horribly out of scale with anything else, are much cheaper and easier to find, while GFF's, though more expensive, are pretty much in scale with anything in 1/144 scale, which includes Zeonography, Cosmic Region, 00 Region, Kado Senshi. Kahen Senshi, the original Gundam HCM's, Super HCM Pro, Gundam the Origin, and even SCM's.

Be really bloody careful with the HCM-Pro EVA elbows. That's nothing more than a copper wire inside, coated with rubber! Too much movement and you'll snap it straight off. Like mine. :angry:

:ph34r: So that's how they work. I'll be really carefull then; thanks for the info!

Now Wing gets hcm love. Wonder when will it be 0080's turn...

At this point the only HCM's I'd bother buying are GP-01, 02, and 03... especially GP-01FB, because it's the best Gundam design ever made.

Individual preference. I prefer 0080 grunt MS better. The GP-01FB might have styling that is favourable, but not my cup of tea.

As an aside, your FoW Sd. Kfz. 251/1 you have on your historical link seemed to have the wrong forward MG for a DAK model, and IIRC the Wehrmacht helmet markings were discontinued shortly after the war began.. Hmm, didn't the DAK get special pith helmets instead of standard issue?

Hmm. MG is 1/100 scale. FoW is roughly that scale. I've placed 1/144 (E)MSiA next to 1/150 buildings and 1/144 tanks. It's not until you can see that a Zaku II's taller than a five-storey building, or that a Sazabi can stomp comfortably on a Tiger I and still have leftover space under the foot, that you get a sense of how massive MS can be.