:lol:

Ramrod was a pretty cool name then....even now....since my head became all smutty. :p

Who remmebers what they actually said during the transformation sequence? I thought it was pretty cool, with the moosik and all. ;)

April: "Ramrod Battle Sequence, Go!" *presses button*

Voice (which i presume is Ramrod) : "Acknowledged April"

"Ramrod Battle Sequence, On" *ramrod's hull/coat opens*

*The control consoles drop to the center....they are all dressed in their battle suits*

*The consoles start revolving*

*something in between here*

.................."roll them out"

Then it ends with : "Power strike, ready to ride"

350272[/snapback]

Actually its

Big red button:

April: All right! Ramrod will now take Navigational control!

Ramrod: Acknowledged, April. Navigational control on. Ramrod

challenge phase . . . one. Head 'em up, move 'em out! Powerstride,

and ready to ride.

Ramrod = Optimus Prime = Peter Cullen.

http://members.tripod.com/~Star_Sheriffs/fans/saber_ri.mp3

My favs were the force five robots. Gaiking, Grendizer, Starvengers (Getter G), DANGARD ACE.

350550[/snapback]

Thanks Dangard Ace. You rock! And yes i noticed that Ramrod's voice sounded like Prime even when I was a kid. :) Wonder if i can find a MP3 on the transformation sequence.

Such a cool OST too. They don't make cartoon music like they used to.

Saberrr Rider....and the Star Sheriffs.... *whip cracking* In the sky!

Can you feel the thunder inside! (Saber Riderrrr)

Make the lightning crack as you ride! (Saber Riderrr) (ok...i think it should be thunder that cracks...and not lightning. :lol: )

*whips cracking*

*guitar solo*

Your destiny will lead you,

where people need you,

Though danger may have found you,

you have your friends around you nowww...ow ow,

*whip cracking*

Edited by wolfx

Okay, here's the thing. I definately had a favorite super robot show growing up. However, I was so little at the time, I barely remember it! I cannot, for the life of me, remember what it was called (and not knowing what it was called, I couldn't even begin to guess at Japanese titles). I do remember a few key points, though...

The main character was definately a young man, who hung out with a young girl, and I believe and older fellow.

This guy hopped into some kind of little jet, which parked in the top of the robot's head.

The robot's main attack involved shooting its fist off at the enemy.

Anyone want to help me reclaim a piece of my childhood and take a stab at what show I'm remembering?

Edit: Nevermind, I'm pretty sure it was Mazinger Z.

Edited by mikeszekely

Okay, here's the thing.  I definately had a favorite super robot show growing up.  However, I was so little at the time, I barely remember it!  I cannot, for the life of me, remember what it was called (and not knowing what it was called, I couldn't even begin to guess at Japanese titles).  I do remember a few key points, though...

The main character was definately a young man, who hung out with a young girl, and I believe and older fellow.

This guy hopped into some kind of little jet, which parked in the top of the robot's head.

The robot's main attack involved shooting its fist off at the enemy.

Anyone want to help me reclaim a piece of my childhood and take a stab at what show I'm remembering?

350566[/snapback]

That sounds alot like Mazinger. Rocket Punch and Jet on top of head probably are its trademarks. Which Mazinger, well....i wouldn't know. I'm not much of a super robo guy.

Yeah, looking over a quick article on Super Robot Anime, I'm inclined to agree. Mazinger Z looks really damn familiar... in fact, I remember having the toy.

I don't remember any of the plot details, but damn that robot kicked ass.

I don't remember any of the plot details, but damn that robot kicked ass.

350569[/snapback]

There was an Evil Bad Guy. He made giant monsters. The robot smashed the monsters and saved humanity.

And in the US, it was Tranzor Z.

350576[/snapback]

Yeah, see, I don't remember the Evil Bad Guy. Nor the giant monsters. Maybe it has something to do with the short attention span of a child not yet in elementary school, but for all I remember, the show could have been about a guy flying his jet thing, parking it in the robot's head, the robot strikes a pose, and everyone agrees that the the robot is cool.

Actually, something tells me that I'm not too far off with that...

• 2 months later...
And in the US, it was Tranzor Z.

350576[/snapback]

Oh I remember those... Breast missiles... woot.... And there was an endless supply of those too.

377345[/snapback]

You just WISH real life had an endless supply of breasts.

I actually have seen an endless supply of breasts, it's called San Diego State University in summertime. :lol:

And myk..I'm new here so who is that girl on your avatar?

Welcome to the board! She's Elin Grindemyr, a relatively obscure Swedish model...

Great. 2 of the ugliest(but not THE ugliest, as I have been shown before) super robots to ever disgrace the genre.

377343[/snapback]

I knew you are gonna say that.

377488[/snapback]

Damn, I'm getting predictable...

Ummm...

GRENDIZER AND JEEG ARE PERFECTION IN EVERY WAY! VOLTRON IS A FESTERING HEAP OF POO!

Loved Mazinger Z when I was a kid. Saw some episodes a week ago and... I still like it as part of my childhood but the spanish sub just sucks. Still remember all the drawings I did of old Mazinger. Never got a decent toy of him.

I also liked the car Voltron... I mean Dairugger. All those characters made it different and stand out more for me. I had a cheap plastic toy versión that could transform (in a primitive way). Hope the Soul of Chogokin line does something someday.

Now the Lion Voltron I did have in a more than decent toy version. That thing was sure fun to play with.

Edited by Twoducks

• 4 weeks later...

The Fewture Black getter is a really cool toy. Considering the price I was specting a good toy but It really surprised me. SOCs looks like crap besides him.

The Red Vertion will be released in June at about half price of the Ryoma tipe. Cant wait!