it had to be done on the runners but anything painted got cleaned up to mask the nubs. couldn't sand it either or is ruin the clear coat.

personally I don't care about the nubs showing on my kits. I take care of what I can or comfortable with and leave it at that. not like I'm taking it to a competition or anything.

it had to be done on the runners but anything painted got cleaned up to mask the nubs. couldn't sand it either or is ruin the clear coat.

personally I don't care about the nubs showing on my kits. I take care of what I can or comfortable with and leave it at that. not like I'm taking it to a competition or anything.

It's really quite easy, if slightly time consuming, and really goes a long way towards making the finished product look well done. If you're doing washes and the like, that's like intermediate-level modeling. Cleaning up the parts is basic.

That said, to each their own, and as long as you're happy with the results, keep up the good work.

I'm a fan of putting everything on sticks.

My personal setup involves test clips screwed to bits of extra sprue because I'm too cheap to spend $1 on a pack of skewers. And then I jam them into a foam packing block from something I bought years ago.

It works, though

xK9QbfH.jpg

Any reason it had to be done on the runners? I am literally $12 into my clips-on-sticks setup.

My personal setup involves test clips screwed to bits of extra sprue because I'm too cheap to spend $1 on a pack of skewers. And then I jam them into a foam packing block from something I bought years ago.

It works, though

xK9QbfH.jpg

Any reason it had to be done on the runners? I am literally $12 into my clips-on-sticks setup.

Space, and no real place I can paint. Still working on breaking down the garage area since moving back in May. You'd be surprised on the amount of crap I got in there and still paying for a storage unit.

Honestly, I'm not looking for pro level, I'm not intending for it. In the last 6 months I've upgraded my skill level considerably from what I use to do.

Like I said, nubs don't bother me and I covered up all I could manage but for space and organization this is what I had to do.

My garage is full to the brim with my dad's stuff, and it's been that way for 10 years.

I paint in my room.

garage is the only place I'm allowed to paint. on a little 8x8 piece of cars board for now. and I'm broke so no new additions can be purchased to help give more room or freedom

Getting ready for the end(of the build)!

post-2535-0-85928000-1421946223_thumb.jpg

I got the template file from here, there's a download psd button on the right.

http://skecchu.deviantart.com/art/HGBC-Build-Custom-GP-Base-Template-430562739

The font is Michroma, it shouldn't be too difficult to find.

The layout is too tall - the "operator" line is too high, & the PPSE logo is too low. I had to trim the bottom to make it fit. I think it was supposed to go on top of the clear part?

I adjusted the file to fit better, but then my printer told me it was out of color ink! I guess it'll have to wait.

attachicon.gifIMG_6196.JPG

The layout is too tall - the "operator" line is too high, & the PPSE logo is too low. I had to trim the bottom to make it fit. I think it was supposed to go on top of the clear part?

I adjusted the file to fit better, but then my printer told me it was out of color ink! I guess it'll have to wait.

Good find. I'm gonna have some fun with this one for a while.

attachicon.gifIMG_6196.JPG

I looked over the page and file, yeah I mean there are bleeds on the file so it does need to be cropped on all sides, good thing I'm total expert on that stuff! Thank you job ^_^

Still I like this file and I know a lot of people who will want to have their own custom stands.

Hikuro, when I built my RG Zeta, the result was seriously flimsly, like the cockpit wouldn't stay pegged down so the chest flopped open and waist parts kept sliding up whenever I'd handle it. Now that you've built two, does Zeta still seem overly flimsy, or is it it a case that I shouldn't have started gunpla with the RG Zeta?

Hikuro, when I built my RG Zeta, the result was seriously flimsly, like the cockpit wouldn't stay pegged down so the chest flopped open and waist parts kept sliding up whenever I'd handle it. Now that you've built two, does Zeta still seem overly flimsy, or is it it a case that I shouldn't have started gunpla with the RG Zeta?

When I built the first RG Zeta I thought it was a mess. The clips connected from the legs to the hips NEVER stayed in place cause I screwed it up and forced it in the wrong way instead of taking time to look at how it was suppose to go. And I didn't fix to much of the undergating that existed on the kit resulting in poor fitting.

Now that I've made several changes to the way I build and look at things through a better perspective I have to say the kit really isn't all that bad. Yes, some areas are flimsy, but if you take the time to look at how things are suppose to fit together you'll see that certain areas don't come undone as easily as they look.

I've been able to play with it and move it around with a better degree of understanding how it moves without popping sections off.

I still think the whole connecting areas the B parts from back to the wings are horrible and if I get time I may cement glue those puppies in so they don't slide off while moving things around.

There isn't a lot of articulation though....some areas just feel to damn stiff to wanting to bend or rotate the way I want right now.

But all in all, it was a better build than the first one I did. So yeah, maybe a RG Zeta is something to avoid on your first time out. You need a better understanding of RG's and Gunpla instruction reading and assembly before tackling this.

Guest davidwhangchoi

attachicon.gif10940554_10205695493243638_2893153067610471686_n.jpg

Well that's it for me this week. Got a convention to go to starting tomorrow so that gives me a good few days off from building.

i just ordered this rg last night,

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1297899.html

is there a big difference between the two kits?

Edited by davidwhangchoi

i just ordered this rg last night,

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1297899.html

is there a big difference between the two kits?

yes, the difference is the color and decals since it depicts the Zeta Gundam used by Amuro Ray (Pilot of the original Gundam). Another thing, it got lots of extra parts hence it has a thicker box than the normal RG Zeta

edit:

i guess picture tells a lot (random pic from internet)

The one of the left is what you purchased, Zeta 3A or White Zeta

969666_10201331652801651_200945670_n.jpg

Edited by chyll2

Guest davidwhangchoi

yes, the difference is the color and decals since it depicts the Zeta Gundam used by Amuro Ray (Pilot of the original Gundam). Another thing, it got lots of extra parts hence it has a thicker box than the normal RG Zeta

thx!

sorry would of answered that this morning but house alarm signaled a break in.

imo I wouldn't even build the 3A simply because it's Online exclusive so it's worth some bucks right now.

but can't say I wouldn't buy two so I could :D

Guest davidwhangchoi

imo I wouldn't even build the 3A simply because it's Online exclusive so it's worth some bucks right now.

oh? thanks i didn't know that. i remember seeing a rg justice de-active mode for like 10 bucks more in a black and white cover like this so i thought it was the same thing.

Good find! I really want one, but can never find it under $80.

honestly, not just being polite, if i find one cheap, i'll pm you.

oh? thanks i didn't know that. i remember seeing a rg justice de-active mode for like 10 bucks more in a black and white cover like this so i thought it was the same thing.

honestly, not just being polite, if i find one cheap, i'll pm you.

it's kinda sad cause online exclusives are I think normal price gunpla....but they sell out fast in most cases and prices sometimes triple.

I should of jumped on that bandai wagon when I had the chance in some of these.

not 100% sure but I think the phase shift down lots are all online exclusives too.

it's kinda sad cause online exclusives are I think normal price gunpla....but they sell out fast in most cases and prices sometimes triple.

not 100% sure but I think the phase shift down lots are all online exclusives too.

That't why I don't have a White Dingo RGM-79 Sniper II yet. :sniffle: :(

Guest davidwhangchoi

hey guys, just browsing around, i found a decent priced de activated rg, esp since the usd to yen is good: I just use NY usd converter on top to avoid any foreign conversion fees or paypal nonsense:

rg justice deactive $46

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/gundam/3229-rg-1-144-gmf-x09a-justice-gundam-deactive-mode-limited-edition.html

rg strike freedom deactive $52 + free shipping

amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Strike-Freedom-Gundam-De-Active-Mode/dp/B00IWJ0HH2

rg regular freedom deactive ebay 55 +free shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BANDAI-1-144-Real-Grade-RG-ZGMF-X10A-Freedom-Gundam-Seed-DEACTIVE-Mode-Model-/310993148624

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Online exclusives are made to order. So buying it from NY, for example, during pre-order period means you are getting it close to SRP. They tend to appreciate once the PO'd stocks get sold since bandai will rarely re-issue Online Exclusives.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Good find! I really want one, but can never find it under $80.

hey Mike and Hikuro i'm pm'ing you. let me know if you want it or pass.

I looked over the page and file, yeah I mean there are bleeds on the file so it does need to be cropped on all sides, good thing I'm total expert on that stuff! Thank you job ^_^

Still I like this file and I know a lot of people who will want to have their own custom stands.

Great! Gotta love jobs that involve these specific skill sets :lol:

Nice work on the RG Zeta!

Ex-S update:All that's left is weathering those darn booster cans...

post-2535-0-39390200-1422549438_thumb.jpg

just finished my custom Jesta with heavy battle wear. I call it the final battle jesta as this pilot has been dodging, scraping, and fighting his way to the end but who knows if he'll actually survive!

post-600-0-53319000-1422729365_thumb.jpg

post-600-0-22523100-1422729349_thumb.jpg

I used Tamiya weathering soot, a grey and black panel wash and a ton of dry brushing to really emphasize the paint scratching away.

K so I wanna do a kit bash kinda. I wanted to take a Stargazer and the backpack of the X Maoh. Problem is the backpack has a rectangular open port and the stargazer is a 3 peg open port so it's just nothing to connect too.

I remember last year there were gunpla parts that were Marked A-F I think. Each one came with a weapon and optional parts to help mix and match limbs and backpacks. Problem is, I can't find them nor can I remember what they were exactly called. I do remember they came in bags like the action base stands. Anyone remember these?

I remember last year there were gunpla parts that were Marked A-F I think. Each one came with a weapon and optional parts to help mix and match limbs and backpacks. Problem is, I can't find them nor can I remember what they were exactly called. I do remember they came in bags like the action base stands. Anyone remember these?

Those were store giveaways for people who bought more than a certain amount of Gunpura (not sure how overseas stores handled them - if they even got them!).

The optional parts in them were to mix and match the weapons together to create multi-weapons that combined some or all of the individual sets.

Those were store giveaways for people who bought more than a certain amount of Gunpura (not sure how overseas stores handled them - if they even got them!).

The optional parts in them were to mix and match the weapons together to create multi-weapons that combined some or all of the individual sets.

hm.....crap guess that means I'm not gonna get those again. hobbystore by work sold them for about 4 bucks a bag and never restocked again after they were all gone so that should of raised a red flag, except they hardly ever restock.