Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

Heck, there are people out there who even liked Howard the Duck

Ok, there is no way Destiny is even close to the insanity that was the Duck!

310359[/snapback]

Y eah. Destiny is far worse.

Luna the next Flay? Hardly. Aroudn this time Flay was beginning to deal with her problems. What started off between Kira and Flay as needing equal comfort and her also wanting him pay for breaking his promis in her eyes ended with the two fo them having real feelings for them. Not to mention they both liked each other to a degree before they ended uup on the Archangel. Sorry but the Luna and Shinn thing doesn't make much sense. It seems she's falling for the killer of her sister, while Kira was trying to protect Flay's father. The relationships aren't that similar I feel. Flay and Kira actually made sense and we saw it build. This Shinn and Luna thing doesn't and looks so forced and seems last minute.

Edited by Effect

Both Destiny and Legend have the same OS.

Now the acronym is Gunnery United Nuclear Duetrion Advanced Manuver.

I do really like the ghost trail Destiny leaves though.  It's a good effect.  I also like the palm cannons.

310303[/snapback]

Tell that to the animators ... <_<

(Taken from episode 37)

bootup5ba.th.jpg

Apparently, Legend uses Virtual PC or VMware....First it uses the old one, then it looks like it switches to the new one (of course, Legend and Destiny use the same cockpit layout) :lol:

And like I mentioned earlier... someone care to explain why Destiny and Legend are plugged in?

launch4cs.th.jpg

Sorry but the Luna and Shinn thing doesn't make much sense. It seems she's falling for the killer of her sister, while Kira was trying to protect Flay's father. The relationships aren't that similar I feel. Flay and Kira actually made sense and we saw it build. This Shinn and Luna thing doesn't and looks so forced and seems last minute.

Agreed. Flay is different from Luna. Flay turned Kira's promise into a guilt trip. Luna just isn't thinking straight. Not to mention she bought the lie about Athrun and about him "twisting" Meyrin. One of the magazines pointed out if there was any real love with Luna x Shinn. I'll have to say no. It's a relationship but there's no real attachment, no love, in there.

edit:

I find it absolutely hilarious that the pacifist Uzumi left for his daughter a frigging MS as a part of her inheritance. But realistically, the suit is dated now by about two years isn't it? So, how special could it possibly be... meh... and it's being handed to an incompetent.

Now that I think about it, Uzumi wasn't a pacifist. Otherwise, he would not have allowed the creation of the Astrays. He was a hypocrite because he allowed the Gundam project to take place on ORB territory via a 3rd-party (Morgenroete, Inc), which goes against ORB's ideals (no conquering others, no involvement in other countries affiars, no toleration of invasion of ORB). You can't have #3 without weapons. He didn't like to fight but that didn't he he couldn't fight.

Edited by azrael

Heck, there are people out there who even liked Howard the Duck

Ok, there is no way Destiny is even close to the insanity that was the Duck!

310359[/snapback]

I'm just using that as an example, not a comparison to GSD.... after all, I'm sure in the billions of the world's population, at least one person out there must've had the opinion that Howard the duck was an ok movie.

Azrael,

you have a good point, but I recall, Uzumi's official excuse was he didn't know about the Gundam development. There wasn't a point to the contrary really. So, you'd just have to take his world for it. The reason I found it ridiculous was because Uzumi never really approved his daughter going out and fighting in the first place, he may have believed it was necessary, but he didn't like it. That's why it seem ridiculous that he specifically made an MS for his daughter. But of course, it could be that the entire MS was gold, so it's really money he is giving his daughter. The pacifist part was the wrong choice of wording here.

Y eah. Destiny is far worse.

Ok man, fair enough, so the logical thing would be for you and the other people who hate the show to stop watching it right? I mean why would you watch it if you can't stand it so much, unless there's something about it you actually like?

Just got the Destiny MSIA - great figure, although it has some flaws, specifically the energy shield hand guards - they fall off if you look at them funny. The beam boomerangs are also a little loose when stored in the epaulets. But apart from that it's an excellent figure, probably one of the best, most stable, MSIA's made so far.

Actually I have stopped watching it. Then I realized that I like discussing Gundam. So in order to know what I'm talking about in a discussion I check out different parts of the latest episodes. I don't care about the series anymore. It's pretty much a lost cause now anyway. Though I do like talking about Gundam SEED since I did like that. That usually leads to talk about Destiny. I don't hate Destiny 100%. There are elements that are decent but overall, there is more bad then good in my opinion. Even if I do continue to watch it, the parts I do check out, add up to less then 20 minutes of my time which I end up doing something else at the same time anyway.

Edited by Effect

Oh...what i meant about Luna being the next Flay was, she's going to be Shinn's cuddle whore...."I'll protect you no matter what" blablablabla. And the fact they both are sharing their pain at the loss of Athrun and Meyrin. I'm sure Luna's death has been planned. I mean I knew she'd die....but after Shinn said "I'll protect you...." i'm now sure I won't like her death one bit.......she'll probably appear naked in front of Shinn in ghostly form or something after that....>_<

And yes i agree with the whole crappy spontaneous affection they are sharing. WTF.... i wouldn't go cuddling and kissing the person who killed my sister/brother/mom/dad....despite how much they deserved to be killed.

And like I mentioned earlier... someone care to explain why Destiny and Legend are plugged in?

Weren't all the MS's plugged in at launch? Are the Destiny and Legend nuclear powered btw? They did mention Super Deutron(sp?) somewhere in the latest episode while Shinn x Luna scene, but not sure if the engineer on the hangar was refering to Destiny and Legend or Impulse.

Well crap aside, i think the new Black Trinity looks cool. :ph34r:

I though the Allied fleet that joined ZAFT was from East Asia.

I actualy like the Bling Bling Gundam, looks better than anything else in Destiny. I wouldn't say it's outclassed until we know whats on it. Since they brought in some stuff from the MSV maybe Bling Bling has some of the Amuterasu's systems. Though considering Cagali's poor performance as of late that thing should be given to La Fllaga. I'm guessing he'll get his memories back at Orb since in the opening we see him wearing an Orb uniform the way he wore his old Alliance uniform.

When is this going to back to space, it just seems like Fukuda just forgot about the Girty Lue.

And yes the Alliance is run by morons. The Destroy's should have been gunning for the Minerva from the get go. And this would have been a perfect time to launch an attack on PLANT, since ZAFT had all those units on the ground. The Alliance should have kept a Destroy or two on the Moon, and when ZAFT showed up at Heaven's Base, they should have launched a massive counter attack into PLANT. Carpentaria should have been nuked long ago. They could have ended it all with a couple Mirage Colloid equiped nuke missiles aboard the Girty Lue. Man I hope they put Fukuda out to pasture after this.

I though the Allied fleet that joined ZAFT was from East Asia.

Eurasia. -_-

The reason I found it ridiculous was because Uzumi never really approved his daughter going out and fighting in the first place, he may have believed it was necessary, but he didn't like it.

The funny thing about life, things have a way of not turning out like you hope.... :) Whether she pilot it or not, it is something Uzumi left for his daughter to take care of.

There are elements that are decent but overall, there is more bad then good in my opinion.

Yeah...like episodes 12 thru 34.... :lol:

I'm sure Luna's death has been planned. I mean I knew she'd die....but after Shinn said "I'll protect you...." i'm now sure I won't like her death one bit.......she'll probably appear naked in front of Shinn in ghostly form or something after that.
Shinn didn't say he would protect Luna...He said he would protect Impulse... Luna is the Emma Sheen of Destiny. She's gonna die. Or have something bad happen to her...
Weren't all the MS's plugged in at launch? Are the Destiny and Legend nuclear powered btw? They did mention Super Deutron(sp?) somewhere in the latest episode while Shinn x Luna scene, but not sure if the engineer on the hangar was refering to Destiny and Legend or Impulse.
Unfortunately...it hasn't been said if Destiny and Legend are nuclear powered. It would be helpful to know what Deutrion is, unless they engrished Deuterium, which is used for fusion. Which still doesn't explain why they're plugged in if they use a nuclear reactor. I don't think those things are fuel lines either. The only thing we do know is Dullindal hid Destiny's true abilities by giving it a 2nd stage MS number (i.e. like Impulse, Gaia, Saviour, etc).

Shinn didn't say he would protect Luna...He said he would protect Impulse... Luna is the Emma Sheen of Destiny. She's gonna die. Or have something bad happen to her...

I think Luna is more like Fa than Emma, as far as I can tell, the Emma is far more level headed and pragmatic, at least by the time the second half of Zeta came around (if we're doing the comparison). Probably Talia is the closest equivalent to Emma, but of course that just means Talia is gonna die. Luna is too much of a hanger on type.

:p

Eurasia doesn't encompass all of the Asian continent, just Russia, the Mid East and Central Asia. China, Korea, and Japan form their own political enitity.

Well, either way, most of those guys aren't from the Atlantic Feds. <_<

Some info from the Destiny model kit concerning Destiny:

Destiny Gundam uses a new power source called "Hyper Duetrion", which is a hybrid of Deutrion and Nuclear power (I'm not sure what that means). Also it seems the Wings of Light is indeed an implementation Mirage Colloids, at least the after-images are confirmed to be from Mirage Colloids. Destiny Gundam is a "complete MS", the strongest MS in history.

For Shinn Asuka, after losing his family and Stellar, so instead of "someone to protect", now he acquires "absolute power" from being a pilot, and "absolute justice" from Dullindal, with unshakable "power" and "belief", now Shinn Asuka is the strongest pilot ruling over the battlefield.

It still doesn't answer my question about what the heck Deutrion is....Interesting that the Wings of Light are another Mirage colloid effect....

So...is Shinn going to tell Luna that only his new "powers" can save her from dying? :lol:

For Shinn Asuka, after losing his family and Stellar, so instead of "someone to protect", now he acquires "absolute power" from being a pilot, and "absolute justice" from Dullindal, with unshakable "power" and "belief", now Shinn Asuka is the strongest pilot ruling over the battlefield.

It still doesn't answer my question about what the heck Deutrion is....Interesting that the Wings of Light are another Mirage colloid effect....

So...is Shinn going to tell Luna that only his new "powers" can save her from dying? :lol:

310673[/snapback]

I want to see Athrun cut off Shinn's legs and left arm.

Translation of the model info (thanks to Seed forum & AnimeSuki):

Destiny Gundam

ZGMF-X42S Destiny, like Impluse and others, is catagorized as a "Second Generation" suit. As opposed to X56S's (*) changing Silhouette according to the battle field, Destiny was designed to meet any/all kinds of situations by armed with the corresponding equpiments from the start. It is also the newest power source engine "Hyper Duetrion" that made this vision come true. This engine is a hybrid of the original Duetrion and Nuclear Power, allows great mobility increase when the thrusters go full force, and allowing the creation of multiple visual images when moving in fast speed. These images are made possible by spreading Mirage Colloid and creating a 3D visual of the original machine in the surrounding space. The Junius Accord placed restriction on the usage of Nuclear Power and Mirage Colloid, and this shows that in reality the Accord itself has been nullified. By having Shinn Asuka, the only person that's able to bring out its full potential, as the pilot of this "Complete MS", it's possible to say that Destiny had indeed become the strongest MS in the history.

Shinn Asuka

Unable to prevent the death of his family, this young man, infused with anguish and rage, became a soldier who takes away other's lives. Unable to protect those he wished to protect, this feeling drove him in seeking for "Power". But there were no one he can protect on the battlefield, so he could only hold on to his rage and bring down his "enemies". Then, the young girl Stellar Loussier appeared. His unfulfilled feelings were directed to her. However, even this faded into nothingness as well. With the loss of "Protector" and the "Protectee", he replaced them with something else, which are being the pilot of the "Absolute Power" and Gilbert Dullindal's "Absolute Justice". With both unwavering "Power" and "Conviction", Shinn Asuka rises above all as the strongest pilot.

ZGMF-X42S

DESTINY GUNDAM: Specifications

Model Number: ZGMF-X42S

Height: 18.08m

Weight: 79.44 metric tonnes

Weaponry:

MMI-GAU26 17.5mm CIWS

MX2351 Solidus Fulgor Beam Shield Generator

RQM60F Flash Edge 2 Beam Boomerang

MMI-714 Arondight Beam Sword

M2000GX High Energy Long Range Cannon

MMI-X340 Palma Fiocina

MA-BAR73/S High Energy Beam Rifle

M2000GX High Energy Long Range Cannon

Equipped on the back left is a large beam cannon which combines destructive power and precision. With the abundant energy supply from the Hyper-Deuterion engine, its attack power exceeds those of the Orthros and Kerberos cannons. Usually folded, when it is deployed, its length exceeds that of the mobile suit.

MMI-X340 Palma Fiocina

A beam weapon equipped in the palm of both hands. The hidden weapon of Destiny, the recipient of which it touches is definitely destroyed. It is something which is not possible to see in a zero distance hand-to-hand combat, but with the uniqueness of Destiny, nothing is impossible. A breakthrough in military armaments, its tactics variation is unknown for now.

MX2351 Solidus Fulgor

Equipped in both hand armors is the beam shield. The version equipped on the CAT-X1/3 Hyperion Gundam was a similar implementation of this "mono-phase lightwave shield". Could the technology have been bought after the previous war from scientists in the declining Eurasian Federation? The form of this shield is able to change according to circumstances, making it suitable for all-around use.

RQM60F Flash Edge 2 Beam Boomerang

On both the left and right shoulders are boom boomerangs. It is an improved version of the ones seen on the Sword Impulse. The original coupling mechanism is removed, allowing the adjustment of output of the beam and the expansion and contraction of the blade. This allows them to serve the role of beam sabers.

Shield

No description.

MA-BAR73/S High Energy Beam Rifle

Improve versions of the beam rifles equipped in the preceding Second Stage MS series. With the adoptation of the Hyder Deuterion engine, which means that it is able to receive abundant electric power, this has been improved, and its output and rapid-fire capabilities are increased substantially.

MMI-714 Arondight Beam Sword

Equipped on its rear right is a long sword with a beam blade. It is an improvement over the Excalibur, and the blade has been further extended. Its sharpness can bisect enemy vessels in one swing as though it was a zanbato (a type of long sword), but its power is shown even in a hand-to-hand fight. At the first glance, this may not appear so, but balance is sacrificed with a sword this long, so only the most expert of pilot abilities can allow the sword to be used unrestrictedly.

Again, still doesn't tell me why they need to be plugged in when the thing runs hybrids with a nuclear reactor. Unless a nuclear reactor doesn't provide suffcient output for Destiny.... Maybe it works like a hybrid car engine? Uses battery for the most part, but switches to nuclear in instance where more juice is required... Anybody got any other ideas? ;)

Anybody got any other ideas? ;)

310804[/snapback]

They wanted to make it sound cool...?

310808[/snapback]

I have a better question, what the hell is the light radiating out of Destiny's wings? do they serve any purpose other than to paint a big shot me sign?

Kind of like saying, we need extra energy, but let's waste the power out the wings for no reason.

Edited by kalvasflam

Anybody got any other ideas? ;)

310804[/snapback]

They wanted to make it sound cool...?

310808[/snapback]

I have a better question, what the hell is the light radiating out of Destiny's wings? do they serve any purpose other than to paint a big shot me sign?

Kind of like saying, we need extra energy, but let's waste the power out the wings for no reason.

310809[/snapback]

Well, I though they could be a weapon, but if it's just an effect of a mirage colloid system and not actual "beams," then it can really be used as a weapon.

Guess it's to make him look purty, like the butterfly

Well, I though they could be a weapon, but if it's just an effect of a mirage colloid system and not actual "beams," then it can really be used as a weapon. 

Guess it's to make him look purty, like the butterfly

310834[/snapback]

That thing doesn't have mirage colloid, does it? And hell, mirage colloid is supposed to make it semi invisible not light it up.

That thing doesn't have mirage colloid, does it?  And hell, mirage colloid is supposed to make it semi invisible not light it up.

"Mirage Colloid" is a type of particle, using it in a stealth system is *one* application of it, not the only application.

One of the SEED MSV units utilised Mirage Colloid particles in an electronic warfare system that could operate under neutron jammer interference.

Isn't the normal shield redundant then?

Beam shields do have weaknesses that a conventional shield doesn't.

Edited by Panon

Beam shields do have weaknesses that a conventional shield doesn't.

310896[/snapback]

Like what? It doesn't protect against projectiles? (which i'm sure it does) We have nuke powered phase shift for that...no worries. Beam shield can change shape to fit the situation as well? Even better.

Actually...now that i think of it, how did impulse's excalibur penetrate Freedom? The tip of the sword would've been grazed by the phase-shift. Only the beam blades would be able to hurt the freedom.

For the Anti-Ship swords: Maybe the newer Anti-Ship Swords on the Impulse and Destiny have a Phase Shift property to let the blade penetrate the PS armor? It would also in turn let it tear through regular armor and punch into ships that much easier.

As for the Destiny and other nuclear models needing to be plugged in. That wouldn't be out of necessity but for maintenance.

There's no need to turn on the reactor to do regular ops checks and maintenance. It's kind of like how you don't turn on the engine of an F-16 to supply power to do maintenance checks. You plug a generator in for that. When I worked Egress in the AF we would hook up the generator cart to the jet to supply power for the canopy light check and to ops check the seat actuator.

That would be why the mobile suits are plugged in when they're on the maintenance racks. It's for the techs. The same rack is used to move the MS into the launch bay, and drop it onto the launch pad. On the other models it's to recharge the batteries as well, but even on nuclear suits it still has some use.

Edited by Anubis

Well a beam sheild does jack against a anti-beam coated physical weapon. The Hyperion Unit 2 learned that the hard way when Gai used the Tactical Arms in sword mode to get through the sheild. So it is possible someone with an anti-beam coated sword/knife/axe/lance or bullet can take out the beam sheild emitters.

For the Anti-Ship swords: Maybe the newer Anti-Ship Swords on the Impulse and Destiny have a Phase Shift property to let the blade penetrate the armor? They do tear through regular armor very very easily, so that could be a possible explanation.

A PS equipped blade or point would be able to penetrate PS armor. So that explanation would make sence.

Edited by Druna Skass

So PS VS PS would nullify each other?

Haha...this is silly....everytime they come up with some uber tech, there's counter tech against it making it useless. (very much like the real world i guess)

PS counters physical

beam weaponry counters PS

anti-beam coating/beam shield counters beam weaponry

did i miss anything?

So for now the ultimate weapon would be a PS-enabled beam sword ie excalibur. Nothing short of a beam shield can defend against that for now. Or a beam saber to parry.

And as for the ultimate armour/defense, would be a PS Shield coated with anti-beam coating, which emits a second layer beam shield (emitter).

Hmmm..how about those I-field things emitted by Hyperion and Destroy? Didn't seem to do much against Destiny.

"Mirage Colloid" is a type of particle, using it in a stealth system is *one* application of it, not the only application.

One of the SEED MSV units utilised Mirage Colloid particles in an electronic warfare system that could operate under neutron jammer interference.

They are also used in energy deflection armor, used to form beam sabers, spread viruses (In Astray, Mirage Colloid was used to spread computer viruses, but this usage never caught on, but one of the applications of this was the DRAGOON system), etc. So MCs are like the Minosky particles from the UC world.

That would be why the mobile suits are plugged in when they're on the maintenance racks. It's for the techs. The same rack is used to move the MS into the launch bay, and drop it onto the launch pad. On the other models it's to recharge the batteries as well, but even on nuclear suits it still has some use.
I find it somewhat excessive to plug in a power cord of that size just to do maintanence. ;)

Concerning Anti-ship swords. From what I've heard (and from what I've hear of Gai's big sword), they are coated with the anti-beam coating. So they can be used against beam blades (at least the sharpen edges, not the backing).

Why did the Excaliber pierce a Phase-shifted Freedom? I think of it this way: Think of Phase-Shift as a kevlar-lined plate-mail. It's good enough to stop bullets, shrapnel, or light cuts with a blade, etc.... But happens when to throw lots of force behind a bigger blade, like a sword? That body armor ain't going to do nothing to stop the other guy from running his sword through you. When Miguel used the sword against Strike, he was performing a slash. There really isn't a lot of force behind that blow and the spread of force was the entire blade, and had a greater area of effect. With that blow, the PS armor could repel the hit. So the PS armor saved them.

Now what did Shinn do with the Excaliber? He engaged full speed and rammed Freedom with the sword. The amount of force concentrated at that one small point was significantly greater than the amount of forced used when Miguel slashed Strike. There was much more force behind that one thrust as oppose to the slash. I'm guessing this is why he could stab Freedom. PS armor is good blocking explosions, bullets, slashes, things where the force is distributed or can be distributed. But when faced with a force that cannot be distributed easily like a full-speed ram with a sword, PS/TP armor fails. With plate-armor, it was good enough to resist slashes, blunt objects, blah blah blah, but what happened when someone stabbed him with a sword? The plate didn't hold and the sword went through. Same idea with Impulse's Excaliber vs. Freedom. That's my $0.02 on that problem.

Edited by azrael

That's a damn good explanation Azrael.

PS armor is not infallible. Even Andy in the first show told Kira if he hit it enough times it would wear down.

At the speed Shinn rammed Kira with the Sword, the power at that point had to be astronomical, so that would be a good explanation.

Genesis was an awesome platform. It was Phase Shifted, and it had an anti-beam caoting strong enough to deflect the Lohengreens.

With Phase Shift Armor, it's also vulnerable to impacts with weapons made out of ultra dense material - the official specs on Raider mention that it's morning star weapon is made in such a fashion.

I think it would made sense for a sword made specifically to tear battleships apart have it's physical parts be made in such a way.

That would be a good explanation if PS worked just like kevlar. Kevlar spreads the force of the object evenly across the entire armour. Its just a matter if there is enough mass to stop a bullet with not enough force. IE: most kevlar can stop handguns but not assault rifles because assault rifles have more force behind the bullet.

PS if i understand "shift" dimensions at a rate so fast that it nullifies any physical force harmlessly. So technically even if you hit a PS equipped MS with a gigantic a$$ cannon bigger than the MS, it would still be impervious to it. Only limitation of the PS is it drains energy as its being used. So if compared to kevlar's requirement of body mass, PS's needs more energy to stop higher velocity projectiles/attacks. But a nuke equipped freedom has virtually unlimited power output...so technically Freedom should survive ANY physical attack.

Well i don't know the technicalities...and PS isn't explained in real detail.

http://encycl.opentopia.com/term/Phase_Shift_armor

I'm not sure if that's how PS work. Just guessing. And you can see the Ginn's sword "grinding" against Kira's Strike upon impact in Seed episode 1, as if the armour's vibrating. At that point i likened it to Evangelion's progressive knifes.

PS armor is not infallible. Even Andy in the first show told Kira if he hit it enough times it would wear down.

At the speed Shinn rammed Kira with the Sword, the power at that point had to be astronomical, so that would be a good explanation.

What Andy wanted to do was wear down the power on Strike. Phase-shift consumes more power when hit to counter the incoming force (Newton's 3rd law?). You force the power to drain by hitting it repeatedly.

With Shinn, just calculate F=ma, where (m) would be the mass of Force Impulse + mass of a ... In any case, the amount of force in that or any kind of thrust would pierce any armor. It's not due to what the sword was made of, somewhat..... ;) it's just how much force was behind the blow that pierced the PS armor.

With Phase Shift Armor, it's also vulnerable to impacts with weapons made out of ultra dense material - the official specs on Raider mention that it's morning star weapon is made in such a fashion.

If I was throwing around a good sized bowling ball, the blunt trama would be more than enough to hurt anybody. :lol:

Well here is what they say at the official site.

The most distinctive feature of the prototype Gundams developed by the Atlantic Federation. While active, this special armor nullifies all attacks by physical weapons, including blades, projectiles, and conventional explosives. However, it has no effect against beam and laser weapons, so most of the Gundams also carry shields treated with anti-beam coating. And because PS Armor consumes large amounts of energy, it cannot be used for extended periods lest it drain the mobile suit's energy battery.

PS Armor changes color upon activation. The Gundams which use this technology thus sport brilliant colors while in their Active Mode, and turn a dull gray when they switch to Deactive Mode.

So for the mean time I'll go with the "PS on the sword cancelled out the PS armor" explanation. Unless the Impulse's sword was made out of the same stuff the Raider's hammer was.

Edited by Druna Skass

The ultimate weapon would be a mini-GENESIS, or a nuclear missile with a mirage colloid.

310945[/snapback]

The problem with putting mirage colloid directly on a nuclear missile is that mirage colloid requires tremendous energy to maintain (which is why Blitz had to turn off its Phase Shift when it went invisible). How do you plan to generate the energy to shroud each missile in mirage colloid? I imagine that a mirage colloid system and a power source to maintain it would be prohibitively expensive if it could even feasibly be installed to begin with.

In fairness, Azrael and the Alliance couldn't reasonably have expected that Freedom and Justice would show up and be able to pick off the individual missiles, and earlier in Destiny, the Alliance had no idea that ZAFT had developed a weapon that could cause nukes to explode prematurely. Adding mirage colloid to the whole missile barrage would have seemed like incredible overkill at the time, so it's tough to blame them for just lobbing naked missiles at PLANT.

Loading up a mirage colloid-equipped ship with missiles is more feasible, but then you'd have to send separate ships on suicide missiones to each and every space colony, which also seems rather excessive.

Loading up a mirage colloid-equipped ship with missiles is more feasible, but then you'd have to send separate ships on suicide missiones to each and every space colony, which also seems rather excessive.

311004[/snapback]

There aren't that many PLANTs. About two dozen? Not much. Equip the ship with NJC and have it nuke powered, that solves your energy problem. When you're inivsible, you don't need to worry about phase shift. Can't see it? Don't know it's there, so you can't hit it. Remember how the Blitz penetrated the defense on the asteroid? They didn't know he was there until he fired the first shot. How expensive do you actually think a mirage colloid is? Hell, even if you had to sacrifice the cost of an entire fleet to build a dozen ships equipped with a mirage colloid, you'd do it because it gives you a decisive edge.

But it is even simpler than that. You take one or two Mirage colloid equipped ships, load them up with missiles, and then you nuke the military HQ and the political HQ of PLANT. Decapitate them, now PLANT is uncoordinated and fairly defenseless, then you send in ordinary nukes.

As for nuke missiles with mirage colloid, double the size of the missile, put in a second nuclear power source to power the mirage colloid. Think of it like strapping an MS to a missile. Bottom line, it ain't that big, and like I said, you wouldn't even need phase shift.

Edited by kalvasflam