1/48 Fast Pack boosters won't stay up in battroid

ychanus

M66 - Check the pinned topics in this section. There is one about getting replacement parts and another specifically about problems with valks where you might find a fix. If it was me, I would first try some superglue. That stuff works wonders sometimes.

Holy cow Chan!! 8 freakin 1/48 valks and 8 fastpacks?? dang, you got enough 1/48's there? If my memory serves me right, you were the one who posted your very impressive and expensive collection on the old forums collection page? You also showed us your M3. Was that you? I'm pretty sure it was. Dang, it must be nice to be rich....... :p:D:lol:

I just attatched mine to my VF-1S and the only problem I have is that the pegs on the legs won't fit snug into the holes in the fastpack arm unit. I noticed tin the instructions that the arm unit hole is a round circular shape but the final producton unit I got has a "U" shaped hole. Has anyone else had this problem. The problem this has caused me is that the arms drop down every time I pick it up. I may look into reducing the hole diameter with glue or something.

does anyone have pics of that locking mechanism?

Edited by brainiac_08

I just got my 2 sets today (Thanks Kevin). Lemme tell you.....Yamato really did an excellent job with these sculpts, even the interior detailing on the Fast Pack engine looks great.

A couple of minor tidbits though:

In Fighter Mode the weight of the FP's puts a strain on the rear wheel wells. There are some times when I'm rolling the Valkyrie foward and the rear wheels collapse inward. :(

Once again were stuck with the horrible gunpod ground clearance that's remeniscent of the 1/60 line (as indicated in photo). The peg holes that're used to keep the arm armors are really flimsy. Unless I grasp the leg armors together (which I have to do MUCH more with Roy' VF-1S) the gunpod is prone to collapse.

All in all....it's damned beautiful. B)

post-4-1063426996_thumb.jpg

BTW......in Battroid Mode the Fast Packs automatically make the figure lean backwards (even IF the hatch clip is installed). You gotta do some extra leg posing to get a great looking stance (looks like I have a bit of work to do). Once again....GREAT work Yamato! B)

post-4-1063427390_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
With the Fast Pack locking mechanism

Backpack_fast_pack_locking_mechanism.JPG

Even after going through various threads and looking at different pictures, I'm still confused. I guess I should look at my manuals again. I haven't had FAST packs on in any mode other than fighter yet.

Is the little dippy-do in the picture above the white piece that came with the FAST packs?

Is it the FAST packs specifically that's causing people to rip off the Valk's backpack unit, like so?

DSC00565.JPG

Edited by Draykov

With the Fast Pack locking mechanism

Backpack_fast_pack_locking_mechanism.JPG

Even after going through various threads and looking at different pictures, I'm still confused. I guess I should look at my manuals again. I haven't had FAST packs on in any mode other than fighter yet.

Is the little dippy-do in the picture above the white piece that came with the FAST packs?

Is it the FAST packs specifically that's causing people to rip off the Valk's backpack unit, like so?

DSC00565.JPG

Partially that. Partially rough handling due to owners. Personally I think Yamato could have made that area a bit stronger, but with the right care, that area shouldn't break. Just remember when folding the backpack, push down on the backpack against the back. Do not push UP and try to force the backpack to sit higher.

I just attatched mine to my VF-1S and the only problem I have is that the pegs on the legs won't fit snug into the holes in the fastpack arm unit. I noticed tin the instructions that the arm unit hole is a round circular shape but the final producton unit I got has a "U" shaped hole. Has anyone else had this problem. The problem this has caused me is that the arms drop down every time I pick it up. I may look into reducing the hole diameter with glue or something.

So. Anyone else who has the same observation?

Anyone? :huh:

Uh, yeah, all of us have. All the FAST Packs have the larger oval hole to accept the pegs on the arms. Though, I can't say that my arms flop around as much as some are comlaining about.

I'm just careful to have the arms well-stuck together, and to have the legs sturdily and straightly attached to the backplate, and things seem to stay together pretty well.

H

You guys really need to calm down when going through the "How to Transform" instruction booklet. ;)

There's a booklet?

• 2 weeks later...

You guys really need to calm down when going through the "How to Transform" instruction booklet. ;)

There's a booklet?

it's quite easy to miss but it's under the cardboard thing that houses the clear plastic mold that holds the toy... (it's in a plastic bag with the decals/stickers)