MPC Prime

Etrigan

here is an example of a time we see primes mouth. Geeze He looks fugged up.

Hey that's not the G1 Optimus Prime we love. That's "Powermaster" Optimus Prime. :p

I'll still get the Takara released one just because it's a certainty that the smokestacks won't be neutered.

TF:Genesis book. Waiting on my pre-order from Amazon.

Hey where was that freaky book that showed prime, and the bots were in a race, the autobots win and it has a freaky pic of prime with his face mask gone?

Did the unpainted proto ever go on sale? Kinda like a "low-viz" Prime. ;) Wasn't the "Return of Optimus Prime" gray or white? White I'm thinking (remember wanting to track down an Ultra Magnus to use without all the extra parts)...

But anyways, the mouth is silly but its kinda like the radar on the 1/48. It's cool to have there but not gonna see it much.

I'm definately gonna want a clean Takara... but thinking I could grab a Hasbro one too as a "beater"... ;)

That's not a mouth its a speaker. Just a question to ppl who know lots about transformers. In the dreamwave Transformers comics its show Ultra Magnus losing his outside stuff and looking like a version of prime only in grey and white. Does he really look like that underneath?

That's not a mouth its a speaker. Just a question to ppl who know lots about transformers. In the dreamwave Transformers comics its show Ultra Magnus losing his outside stuff and looking like a version of prime only in grey and white. Does he really look like that underneath?

Well, this is the 1st time we have ever seen magnus nakked. Also I think they are really trying to push the idea that Prime and UM are not just brothers in arms, but also brothers in the more literal sense.

Just a little extra info in case anyone cares.  The Hasbro version will NOT have short stacks.  It will have the same size smokestacks as the Takara version as well as the same amount of die-cast.  The only difference:  Takara Version = Minty, pristine Prime.  Hasbro =  Battle-Damaged (or as I like to affectionately call him "Smudgy") Prime.  That and you already know about the weird mouth thing...  :unsure:

How can you be sure of that ???

Like David pointed out, I'm NOT sure about the smokestacks. Check out the statement (Q & A) from Transformers.com (the official Hasbro Transformers website) :

Q: Will 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime's smoke stacks be shorter than the Japanese Takara "Masterpiece" Prime?

A: It is our goal for the U.S. Optimus Prime's smoke stacks to be identical to those on the Japanese version.

Doesn't exactly sound like the promise I was led to believe it was. More like skirting the issue. As David pointed out, the same site that skirted around the Hasbro Prime smokestack size has definetively stated this about the Takara Binalteach/Hasbro Alternators line:

Q: Will Alternators in the US will be part metal like the Binaltech versions by Takara?

A: We feel very strongly about making this Transformers Alternators line very affordable. Consequently, the cars released in the U.S. will not have metal parts.

Make of it what you will but notice this; No if, ands, or buts in the second statement. So seems like we can't count on the same size smokestacks yet. <_<

But, my statement about the battle-damaged Hasbro version and the Show-Room clean Takara version comes straight from the horse's mouth.

Q: Is it true that the U. S. 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime will have "battle damage" deco while the Takara version will not?

A: Yes, the U. S. 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime will have "battle damage" deco

Personally, I'll be getting the Takara version and NOT the burnt, possibly-neutered Hasbro Prime. B)

If that is the case, I will get the Takara version of Prime.

well, that's it, I'm getting the takara version for sure now. The US version I will get later. That battle damage stuff is not going too well for me. I want a clean prime with no damage. If there's going to be damage on it, it's going to be because I put it there! :p:D:lol:

i dont whant those ugly burned out with a match stains.. gimme that other version then i pant it myself..

Again bad color projectmanagment back there. Those people reallly don't have the feeling for colors... black on red doesn't look very good... use dark red instead.

Edited by Kin

wheels are inside !

I hope the person that transformed it is the one that made the mistake. OMG.......that's a big snafu.

About the Hasbro version......I bet there are going to be more than a couple of modders making the ultimate Prime death scene. :ph34r:

EDIT. After looking a most of the photo's it INDEED looks like a transformation mistake by the owner of the MPC Prime.

Edited by UN Spacy

The guy who shelled out 2000 dollars to get the proto's is showing off his prizes.

Jeez. I'm speechless. What is he expecting to gain from a prototype model? I don't think it'll end up selling for even half that much in the future. For two grand he could have purchased twenty Masterpiece Primes and started his own shipping company.

Personally. I think it's a waste of $ (unless this buyer has a bottomless wallet). :blink::ph34r:

What is he expecting to gain from a prototype model?

Bragging rights, maybe?

Dunno about you, but if I had that prototype, I'd be on Cloud 9

If it fell into my lap yes I'd be happy. when I said 2000 that would be the price of both proto's togeather not alone. 1000 each. Still I can wait for the finished product as neither proto looks very nice to me.

Sorry for digging this old thread up, but I didn't want to start a new one just for this. Behold full color magazine pictures of the Hasbro battle-damaged shortened stack prime:

Neutered Prime

:rolleyes: So, looks like everyone's fears were correct! No long smokestacks on Has-Prime. Stupid child safety laws! (God forbid little Timmy should poke his eye out! ) :ph34r:

Ah well, at least it still has the same amount of die-cast. Of course, I will be getting the Takara version. Personally, I think the "battle-damage" looks a bit overdone on the Hasbro version.

Sorry for digging this old thread up, but I didn't want to start a new one just for this. Behold full color magazine pictures of the Hasbro battle-damaged shortened stack prime:

Neutered Prime

:rolleyes: So, looks like everyone's fears were correct! No long smokestacks on Has-Prime. Stupid child safety laws! (God forbid little Timmy should poke his eye out! ) :ph34r:

Ah well, at least it still has the same amount of die-cast. Of course, I will be getting the Takara version. Personally, I think the "battle-damage" looks a bit overdone on the Hasbro version.

The link isn't working, although I'm not sure if I really want to see Hasbro's version anyway. :p

Hey where was that freaky book that showed prime, and the bots were in a race, the autobots win and it has a freaky pic of prime with his face mask gone?

Freaky doesn't begin to describe this picture. :D

post-26-1067111050_thumb.gif

Uhm... could someone who knows either chinese or japanese take a look at that mag? Someone said it was from HK, but it looks kinda like japanese to me. I do however reserve the right to be wrong.

Ain't no Japanese to see here, move alone. Move along.

Uhm... could someone who knows either chinese or japanese take a look at that mag?  Someone said it was from HK, but it looks kinda like japanese to me.  I do however reserve the right to be wrong.

Ain't no Japanese to see here, move alone. Move along.

LOL! Alright Officer Barbrady :D