MPC Prime

Etrigan

Okay, the lame pose and paint job made me want him less than the proto pics, but the new picture from the interior of Toyfare is bad @$$!!!

I've got my pre-order with Blasto for the Japanese one and I'll probably pic up a domestic one if the price point and the sculpt/die cast content stay the same.

I have already pre-ordered my japanese version, I will hold off buying the american release unless they have a better color scheme. What I would love to see is an electrum plated repaint... Solid gold prime! Or the "alloy" from return of optimus prime... Silver and gold prime toys:-)

Let's be fair, Rodimus kicked all sorts of arse in the movie, he didn't become the whiney, whimpy, "Oh lordy, Optimus! I wish I was more likes you der, with your manliness!" - Rodimus until late in the tv series, just before Optimus came back.

Well you'd develop an inferiority complex too if millions of children around the world were writing you on a daily basis saying "You suck Rodimus. We want Optimus back."

Well... If you aren't satisifed with how bright the LEDs are in the upcoming Optimus Prime, you can always replace them with superbright LEDs. That is, of course, you feel confident dissasembling such a masterpiece...

It looks bright enough for me! Can't wait for it to go on pre-order at HLJ. My parents might be pissed (and I'm 22... Still in school, and housing's expensive), but I'll be happy!

I might even try scratchbuilding a non-transforming trailer.

it must be the hasbro one made with plastic :D

too bad the same can't be said about his stablemate Energon Prime Speaking of which heres a link to super clear pictures of his combinned mode with components

Go Go Rescue!!

My god, that is so ugly!! It's beginning to look alot more like power ranger style mechs now. Yuk!!! I'll just stick with the G1 stuff thank you. :p:D:lol:

FYI, just thought I would add this here instead of making a new topic. According to quite a few websites (TFW2005, tformers, and Dave's Anime World to name a few) the next two Takara "book-style" re-issues have been announced. And they are: Astrotrain and Autobot Mini-Bot Collection (no, I don't know which mini-bots are included) . Not really excited about these two. I'd much rather see the dinobots re-issued. Ah well, still better than any of that crap from Energon though. ;)

Melissa

FYI, just thought I would add this here instead of making a new topic. According to quite a few websites (TFW2005, tformers, and Dave's Anime World to name a few) the next two Takara "book-style" re-issues have been announced. And they are: Astrotrain and Autobot Mini-Bot Collection (no, I don't know which mini-bots are included) . Not really excited about these two. I'd much rather see the dinobots re-issued. Ah well, still better than any of that crap from Energon though. ;)

Melissa

Bleh, I hope Takara changes their minds. I had Astrotrain when I was a kid and even though it's a memorable Transformer, it's not one of the best and I have no desire to own one again. And if they're going to reissue any of the mini-bots they should do it in a different manner rather than the commemorative series. I thought for sure Rodimus Prime or one of the Dinobots would be up next. Oh well...I'll be spending too much money on the Alternators and Prime to pay any attention to the oldies anyway. :p

QUOTE=MrDisco,Sep 14 2003, 08:28 PM] well thank goodness its a subpar TF coming in book format. if it were a dinobot i'ld be seriously hard pressed to ignore it. as it is its really tough skipping out on Soundwave :(

Even though I probably should, Soundwave is one re-issue that I just can't bear to skip! Luckily(?) for me, the next two I can very much do without! <_< Found some more info. According to tformers.com and Dave's Anime World, both will be priced @MSRP of $35.00 : Volume 11: The Mini-Car Set (just found out which ones-Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Brawn, Gears, Huffer, and Windcharger) and Volume 12: Astrotrain. Of course, not even Takara has confirmed this. But these places are usually right. I'm just hoping this is one time they aren't ...but.... :ph34r:

Edited by trueblueeyes