1/60 GBP Stickers & Decals

Anasazi37

I just got my 1/60 GBP set from Twin Moons a few weeks ago and finally had some time to sit down and create a set of decals/stickers for it. They are essentially repros of the original sticker sheet, but they are by no means straight copies. I redrew each one, in many cases improving on the originals.

I also threw in the Armored Valkyrie badging from the old Macross Hobby Handbook. I really like the design. There are enough of them so you can put one on each tailfin, the heatshield, and the nosecone section of the GBP armor (instead of the winged-torch-triangle thing).

Price should be around $5, but I won't know for sure until I talk to Tamim over at Twin Moons. In the interim, let me know what you think.

post-4-1089347464_thumb.jpg

Hey, DEVIN, the decals look great!! One question though: are they the waterslide type or yer regular run-o-da-mill decals? Man, I hope TAM will decide to pick these up for us!!

Edited by connor99

Devin,

Is there any possibility that you could add the DYRL numbers of the valks, 001, 011 and the 013? :unsure: and probably more numbers for hte chest part?

Is there any chance of expanding the decal/sticker sheet to include some of the extra warnings, numbers, pin-up art and assorted stencils that came with the IMAI kits like the one pictured bellow? That would be great and a definite improvement over what Yamato offers.

post-4-1089387505_thumb.jpg

Edited by mechaninac

Is there any chance of expanding the decal/sticker sheet to include some of the extra warnings, numbers, pin-up art and assorted stencils that came with the IMAI kits like the one pictured bellow? That would be great and a definite improvement over what Yamato offers.

If someone can get me a good scan of the original decal sheet, I might be able to add those--if it's just the ones you circled. I'm trying to keep the sheet fairly simple and affordable, though, so I don't want it getting too big.

I just spoke with Tamim over at Twin Moons and they will be carrying this set. Price has yet to be determined, but I think around $5 is a pretty good estimate. They should have the sets available in a few weeks. I have to squeeze in production between a ton of other projects....

Devin,

Great job! The decal set looks very nice. ;)

I haven't, nor will I buy a 1/60 Yamato GBP, but if I did, I would definitely get a set of your decals.

I'm still waiting in vain for Hasegawa to release a 1/72 GBP kit, but that day may never come. :(

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Okay, I've added more numbers to the set. I read through the "GBP Numbers" thread and it looks like 1-7 should take care of all known variants for the chestplate. I had to "scratch build" 5-7 based on how 1-4 were designed. I think they fit in with the theme pretty well. As for individual valk numbers, I added 001, 011, 013, and 117 (standard CF). Whew!

post-4-1089393659_thumb.jpg

:lol: Wow!

That is great Devin, you are the man! B))

Edit: just notice you say you added 013 but in the sample sheet it shows 012, will the final version show both numbrs? :unsure:

Edited by RichterX

:lol: Wow!

That is great Devin, you are the man! B))

Edit: just notice you say you added 013 but in the sample sheet it shows 012, will the final version show both numbrs? :unsure:

Whoops. My mistake. I guess the coffee hadn't kicked in yet when I was working on the set this morning. The 012 has been changed to 013. Thanks for the heads up.

post-4-1089402188_thumb.jpg

If someone can get me a good scan of the original decal sheet, I might be able to add those--if it's just the ones you circled. I'm trying to keep the sheet fairly simple and affordable, though, so I don't want it getting too big.

Unfortunately I don't have that kit, I got that image off Macrossworld's model section. Can anyone help? Those little extras would be a great addition to spruce up the 1/60 GBP.

There is one thing that could be quickly added, however, without much effort. See attached picture for the circled item.

post-4-1089406977_thumb.jpg

If someone can get me a good scan of the original decal sheet, I might be able to add those--if it's just the ones you circled.  I'm trying to keep the sheet fairly simple and affordable, though, so I don't want it getting too big.

Unfortunately I don't have that kit, I got that image off Macrossworld's model section. Can anyone help? Those little extras would be a great addition to spruce up the 1/60 GBP.

There is one thing that could be quickly added, however, without much effort. See attached picture for the circled item.

You know, I've always wondered about that particular kite symbol. I think it's the only example of one where the red and white are reversed. I've never been a big fan of it, but it does show up on the box art for both the ARII kit and the Takatoku 1/55 armor set....

I'll try to get that one added later today.

The tringle with the P and the torch is an insignia representing what?

The Prometheus? I guess the torch is because he was the one that gave fire to humanity.

What squad, fleet is that Knight insignia?

The tringle with the P and the torch is an insignia representing what?

The Prometheus? I guess the torch is because he was the one that gave fire to humanity.

What squad, fleet is that Knight insignia?

Your guess is as good as mine on the torch insignia. I haven't found it anywhere else. The Prometheus angle, referencing the Greek mythology, could fit. The knight insignia comes from the old Macross Hobby Handbook and it doesn't reference a particular squad or fleet. The Handbook has it associated with "Armored VF-1" and nothing more. I guess it's a general designation. And it looks cool.

Oddly enough, on the page of the Handbook with the knight insignia is GBP spelled out: Grenade Box Protector. I never noticed that before. So much for the debate on that acronym... :)

I'll definately pick one of these things up.

I have the 1/72 model kit here. I'll get a scan up for you guys soon. Damn, its still sealed MISB (bags). I hope 300 DPI is enough.

If it's still MISB, then please don't open it up on account of this project. I'd hate for you to ruin a mint kit just so I can put a few more decals on a sheet....

wow devin,

these rock just as all your stickers/decals do.i have a question though.can i get a set w/ the "valk girl" sized to fit were the pin-up girls go on that armour? i really like her design & i thought she'd just make the perfect custom-devin pin-up girl touch to this already awsome set. :)

wow devin,

these rock just as all your stickers/decals do.i have a question though.can i get a set w/ the "valk girl" sized to fit were the pin-up girls go on that armour? i really like her design & i thought she'd just make the perfect custom-devin pin-up girl touch to this already awsome set. :)

You mean this "valk girl"?

minmay_moon_act_sample.jpg

It comes from the Hasegawa Minmay Guard Strike kit (aka MG 2). I could easily resize it to fit on the GBP leg armor, but I am not sure everyone would want it. How about this: Those who are interested in decals for their GBP beyond those in the sample pic, please PM me and I can add them to your set if you're willing to kick in an extra $1 or so (depending on how many you want).

Pretty nice. If someone sold your stickers pre-cut I'd probably be buying a bunch of 'em. I'm way too short on time (and too lazy :lol: ) to be cutting them myself, though. :ph34r:

Best I can do without opening the bags. I hope some good comes out of it. Anasazi37, let me know if need the 600 DPI PSD file ~ 17 megs.

Perfect! Thanks, Neova! This should do nicely. I'll try to incorporate a few more decals from this sheet. The "Next Objective" girl doesn't look too good, though. I'll see if I can find a better one. More soon....

Okay, here's the final layout for the 1/60 GBP sticker/decal set. I managed to squeeze in a few of the designs from the ARII kit. The "Next Objective" girl doesn't look very good, though. I even tried using the one that comes with the 1/55 Takatoku, but that one also looks bad. Twin Moons should have the decal version of the set up for preorder very soon.

If you want the sticker version and/or have a custom request for the set, please PM me.

post-4-1089829093_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anasazi37