Someone said what needed saying about Anime Fandom

http://www.werewolves.org/~two/Rants/2rant-anime.mp3

Warning: foul language inside. Those with an overly sensitive disposition may want to relax before listening.

Ive wanted to say similar things to a great many people who have posted on a great many anime/geek sites. It IS offensive, and apparently the guy is a furry, which actually makes this amusingly ironic, though still amazingly true. (Though IMHO, lusting after Rei Ayanami is just as creepy as lusting after Babs Bunny.)

Listen and think.

Perhaps it will remove the otakudom from some of us here and turn us back into more reasonably intelligent anime enthusiasts.

Or it will just piss people off.

Either way works for me.

2's a funny guy, he is, and I agree with the gist of what he's got going there. Heck, if my only experience with anime was Trigun and Inyuyasha I'd probably feel the exact same way. Hell, replace 'anime' with 'Naruto' in his rant and I agree 100%.

Still, my view of anime is unchanged. It's not a genre. It's not something to be all lumped together. 90% of it is crap, just like anything else. Out of the 10% tthat's not crap, chances are not all of it's going to appeal to me let alone everyone.

His rant on the way artists are treated applies just as well to anime artists, and artists in general.

ha. ha ha.

it really was pretty foul, I don't think you need to be of an overly sensitive disposition to find some of the stuff he said needlessly offensive.

Anyways, some of it was quite good, like the bit about not calling animation from other countries whatever word they use to describe animation.

And the stuff about anime not being fully animated... man, I don't know how many episodes of naruto is just like that... just two guys facing off at each other for like a month worth of episodes while we watch flashbacks of stuff that JUST happened...

But there is a rather legit reason why some people don't like the term "japanimation" which many people would find offensive. for the same reason we don't call rap music "n*****music."

besides, if you're posting on a website devoted to anything other than job/school/life related... ie a hobby or other interest... you are an otaku... get over it. If you're making angry 4 min rants about something, you care too much about it.

:p

Um.....Right on? Yeah. I could hardly understand what he said half the time because he was one of those guys who likes to kiss the microphone whilst he talks into it. Nice rant, I guess....I dont really know what to think of this...I dont really have much of a feeling one way or another....so I guess I agree with Max...Meh!

twich

(Though IMHO, lusting after Rei Ayanami is just as creepy as lusting after Babs Bunny.)

lusting after Arcee is pretty creepy too :p:lol:

Sorry, just had to knock that other fandom fraught with creepy fanboys ;)

I can't wholly disagree with S. Though it wasn't exactly what I would call an intelligent criticism of anime, a funny one perhaps, but not an intelligent one.

Anime's single greatest problem is the fans. (not all fans mind you, but a specific type of fan) Fans who are in your face, talking about how great anime is, and take it as a personal offense that you don't think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread, and then go on some personal crusade to convert you into liking it.

This fault though is generally the fault of most fandoms, be it Anime, Trek, or Star Wars, ect. Truth be told, I'm curious to find out what is going to be the next flavor of the month in terms of pop culture after the anime craze has passed, what will be the next object for geek culture fanaticism?

Edited by GobotFool

I only like about 10% of anime myself, but that's just MY OWN PERSONAL TASTE. Why in the hell should I let anime I don't like bother me? Why in the hell should ANYONE let anime they don't like bother them? That guy sounds like a typical radio shock-jock tool and I have more respect for a guy like Man-Faye than I do for his type. To each his own, life is too short to rant and rave about things other people like. If you don't like it, don't watch it. Belittling people who do just makes you a dick.

Interesting, but whatever point he had was lost in his rants. I agree that not all anime is what people make it out to be, and most of what shows up on US television tends to be the lower quality garbage, so I can see where he is coming from. BUt sheesh man buy a freaking theseraus and expand the old vocabulary. I'd rather hear a Dennis Miller style rant then that guy, at least then it would be intelligent and funny.

well after wasting 4 minutes of my life i have come to conclusion that the point he was trying to make was "f u c k"

seriously, if he didnt say f u c k that rant woudve been at least 30% shorter, and alot of it wasnt really a rant, it was just a stupid story he was making up about bombing south america

EDIT: for some reason it got censored to 'fart' when i typed the f word, so yay spacing

Edited by NERV

Can somebody sum it up, for those of us at work and who don't have speakers? Is it even worth my time (from the sounds of it, it isn't)?

Not really, any legit criticism he made has been said before and better. The rest is just alot of vitriolic and rather low brow ranting.

What a fool. That guy was geekier than the guys he talking crap about. No amount of techno music would make him cool. He knows more about anime than I do. :rolleyes: Wanna be Dennis Leary... <_<

I hate people that talk like that. They just like to hear the sound of their voices.