hasegawa-bandai perfect marriage

007-vf1

UPDATE...!!!

August 15th 2004

Now 99% done.

Sorry it's been these long but summer takes all of my free time on "fun" stuff.

I just have to wait for a couple of decals coming from england and complete the small lights and beacons all the main job is practically done..

July 15 2004

Hi again dudes and dudetes; I have heard many times if it was possible to use the bandai and hasegawa models to create a gerwalk mode out of them both. Well, using as references pictures from the hobby japan and dengeky hobbie magazines I realize that to get the best of both worlds 3 kits might have to be used. the hasegawa battroid, fighter and the arm system of the bandai. Take in acocunt that i didn't use any special attachment or poly joints for the model with exception of the shoulder joint.

Eventually this model will carry the fast packs which are 85% done and will also acomodate the unoficial gerwalk armor...which fulcy is working on for the 1/48 scale..

Without much ado, the preview pics...

post-3-1092006473_thumb.gif

Edited by 007-vf1

This model have a ot of play and posseability but some compromises had to be done to increase the effect;

-The back pack can be opened and closed and the legs moved/ slid backwards in a way to imitate mid transformation.

-All fast packs are removable...

-The main exaust/truster (feet) can't close, like in fighter position.

-To make the arms swing back and under the legs have to be removed...

-Hasegawa rocks!!..but they should have made a convertion kit. I can tell it wouldn't have been that difficult..

post-3-1092006975_thumb.gif

Edited by 007-vf1

Well sorry to dissapoint you guys but i didn't make a step by step drill this time either..and the project is slightly on hol for a couple of weeks. So the next time I palce the pics you'll see it completed..

I really appreciate your feedback and praising though...It will make me finish it sooner

• 3 weeks later...

working on the fast packs as we speak..but it won't be finished in while since I don't get the weekends off yet..a couple of weeks for that for sure...

patience my little grasshoper..soon it will be completed...

• 2 weeks later...

I like the way its coming along...I believe..or at least i want to believe; this is the very first gerwalk of the Minmay guard done this way on a hasegawa

the fast packs are a bit heavy and it can't stand under it's own weight for the time being...I will adjust that later..

post-3-1089515065_thumb.gif

Wonderful job!

I've always wanted to make a gerwalk Hasegawa, and it's nice to see that you took the initiative to do, what some of us have only imagined.

I'm looking forward to seeing it completed. ;)

• 4 weeks later...