Yamato Koenig Monster News

Renato

This toy will be the bomb. If and when Yamato releases it.

Why can't Bandai release toys that are this cool? They seem to pound out toys much quicker than Yamato.

I am still a little miffed that they won't communicate with Graham anymore. <_<

It is frustrating to look at cool toys that we have little or no idea if they will ever go into production.

I am still thankful that someone is making these toys. A little competition would speed up the process ang give us more selection.

I hope this toy comes out in the future.

It looks to me that the arms slide back and forth at the shoulder, so maybe it's not extended to it's full length (speculation).

It looks like you may be right. At least I hope so, as that should take care of the arm problem.

Does anyone know if we have any chance of still seeing the original Destroid monster produced? Or has it been usurped by the Konig?

While I have no evidence to back up my belief, I'd say the 1/60 Monster is dead. This time last year, Yamato was very candid about the Monster. This year, nothing. Unless it's been cancelled or indefinitely delayed, you don't hype a product one year and play mum the next. Pity, I was looking forward to owning the world's coolest footrest. :(

I don't mind the sculpt, although I prefered the resin sculpt of the OTHER one. (this one looks like one of the 2 resin sculpts, but not the one i like)

Now only thing I'd worry about is the paintjob.

Go the Konig! looks really cool... :):):)

and looking at the pix, i think that arm *wont* slide any further forward, doesn't appear to be any room left to come forward.. the battroid pic shows how much slide is in there... :(

but still looks cool, i reckon it will be more fun to play with the vfx2 heheh. :)

While I have no evidence to back up my belief, I'd say the 1/60 Monster is dead. This time last year, Yamato was very candid about the Monster. This year, nothing. Unless it's been cancelled or indefinitely delayed, you don't hype a product one year and play mum the next. Pity, I was looking forward to owning the world's coolest footrest. :(

I gotta agree. The announcement cam out last year around the same time as the Q-rau. And now the Q-Rau is almost on it's second incarnation. Remember when someone from Toybox said that they were going to retool the whole thing because he prototype was built exactly at 1/60 scale and usually it would be built at twice the size? Can you imagine how big that prototype would be at 1/30 scale??? :o Well I think it's gone the way of the YF19. :unsure:

While I have no evidence to back up my belief, I'd say the 1/60 Monster is dead.  This time last year, Yamato was very candid about the Monster.  This year, nothing.  Unless it's been cancelled or indefinitely delayed, you don't hype a product one year and play mum the next.  Pity, I was looking forward to owning the world's coolest footrest.  :(

I gotta agree. The announcement cam out last year around the same time as the Q-rau. And now the Q-Rau is almost on it's second incarnation. Remember when someone from Toybox said that they were going to retool the whole thing because he prototype was built exactly at 1/60 scale and usually it would be built at twice the size? Can you imagine how big that prototype would be at 1/30 scale??? :o Well I think it's gone the way of the YF19. :unsure:

I've still got my fingers crossed on the YF-19. Although, I must admit to losing hope fast... :(

A variable monster's cool, but damn I wanted to see that giant footrest be made! :(

Heh, I said when the infos came out on the original monster that I would much much rather have the VB-6. I'd much rather spend $150-200 on some giant hunk of plastic that can at least transform than one that just sits there doing nothing.

Vostok 7

While I have no evidence to back up my belief, I'd say the 1/60 Monster is dead.  This time last year, Yamato was very candid about the Monster.  This year, nothing.  Unless it's been cancelled or indefinitely delayed, you don't hype a product one year and play mum the next.  Pity, I was looking forward to owning the world's coolest footrest.  :(

I've still got my fingers crossed on the YF-19. Although, I must admit to losing hope fast... :(

A variable monster's cool, but damn I wanted to see that giant footrest be made! :(

LOL... i gotta stop acting like I know what's up with the YF-19.... I just do that to make the fanboys sweat. I was lurking around and in the TMP forums and I saw a quote of me saying it's a dead project and another fanboy telling him not to listen to fanboy rumors. :p

OMG, wot is wrong with the ppl who always get the prototypes, they like always majorly retarded.

the gerwalk doesnt look right CAUSE THE SHOULDERS ARENT TURNED OUT from shuttle mode.

I believe that's what the Gerwalk mode is SUPPOSED to look like, without the shoulders turned out.

Heh, I said when the infos came out on the original monster that I would much much rather have the VB-6. I'd much rather spend $150-200 on some giant hunk of plastic that can at least transform than one that just sits there doing nothing.

Vostok 7

I did too. In fact, when I bought the original VF-11B I filled in Yamato's little postcard questionnaire and sent it back to them, putting the VB-6, Full Armor VF-11 and VA3 (I think, cant remember) in the space where you're supposed to put your Yamato future wish-list. I never thought even ONE of them would actually get made, but here we are...

Looks like many other people wrote down the same thing. I guess that means Yamato does listen to the fans after all..

So do I!!! Must stay optimistic. :unsure: The Yammie VB-6 should look great with Ken's Monster resculpt, IMHO!!!

I did too. In fact, when I bought the original VF-11B I filled in Yamato's little postcard questionnaire and sent it back to them, putting the VB-6, Full Armor VF-11 and VA3 (I think, cant remember) in the space where you're supposed to put your Yamato future wish-list. I never thought even ONE of them would actually get made, but here we are...

Looks like many other people wrote down the same thing. I guess that means Yamato does listen to the fans after all..

How did you fill out the questionnaire? Did you fill it out in Japanese? Is it the same questionnaire that is included with the VF-11B FP?

I did too.  In fact, when I bought the original VF-11B I filled in Yamato's little postcard questionnaire and sent it back to them, putting the VB-6, Full Armor VF-11 and VA3 (I think, cant remember) in the space where you're supposed to put your Yamato future wish-list.  I never thought even ONE of them would actually get made, but here we are...

Looks like many other people wrote down the same thing.  I guess that means Yamato does listen to the fans after all..

How did you fill out the questionnaire? Did you fill it out in Japanese? Is it the same questionnaire that is included with the VF-11B FP?

Yes; and yes, I believe the FP version also came with one. In fact I just got the FP version in April and yeah, I think one was in there.

Edited by Renato

I am still a little miffed that they won't communicate with Graham anymore. <_<

Eh? What did I miss while I was away from the boards? Our Mr graham doesn't get to do dinner with the Yamato boss anymore?

Pretty much and he's been snobbed.

I don't know about the stretch. Looks too fat now.

I think he just didn't bend it at the knees enough to get that chicken leg look. It looks queer with the legs straight. Much too similar to battroid, but without its head sticking out.

Yo!

For those who think the Gerwalk mode looks weird, here's a possible explanation: I think the guy that designed the page "crushed" the picture on the sides to fit the page.

Here's the original on top and a restoration I did on Photoshop. Plus, the guy that transformed it for the shot must have been a Gundam fan. :p

I still think the above is more true to the real one. Look at the holes at the end of the barrels and the holes on the arms. The photoshopped one looks like it has eliptical guns and ammo. :)

I think he just didn't bend it at the knees enough to get that chicken leg look.

That's what I meant with the bad transformation issue.

Not sure if the knees can bend anymore. It probably can. The right leg's knee armor panel is out of the heel, causing that part not to bend any further. Maybe that's why they thought its as far as it goes. Who gets these prototypes anyway? I thought this was Yamato releasing photos of its prototypes, not some dolt who didn't know what he got his hands on?

Look at the holes at the end of the barrels and the holes on the arms. The photoshopped one looks like it has eliptical guns and ammo. 

Yeah, I noticed that too. Maybe I stretched too much, but I still think they distorted the image a bit. As for the legs I sincerely hope they bend much more. Part of the problem is that the angle of the ankle section is steeper than the original line art, but then again, you can do things on paper that you can't do in real life.

One leg isn't even as bent as the other, which gives some backing to the guy posing it wrong to begin with. There looks like there's plenty of room for the legs to bend more. They shouldn't be that straight unless it's going into Destroid mode.