My Q-rau exploded

Sumdumgai

Holy bejebus! That thing is totolly flat. What Morons, They even repackaged, what was clearly damaged, in a fresh box. What is Chronopost, I've never heard of it in the US?

Edited by scand

(Somewhat on-topic re: shippers)

I tried something new today with UPS as a kind of an experiment B)) . I have a UPS corporate account which I use to ship 15-20 packages a day, of which roughly about 3-5% have some sort of in transit mishap. I was shipping a particularly fragile fiberglass part which, while not especially valuable, I did in fact want to reach my customer undamaged.

Knowing that marking the box as 'Fragile' is usually an invitation for the idiots in the loading depot to kick/punch/throw/jump on/drive over whatever it is that I'm shipping, I decided to try another tactic. So I insured it for $1000.00 and marked the box in big, block letters: CAUTION - HEAVILY INSURED.

We'll see how it goes :lol:

Sorry about your Q-Rau Sumdumgai. This really makes me appreciate the dependable online stores that MW'ers usually frequent (V-E, Twin Moons, etc). Those guys really know how to make their customers happy. I hope your revenge is a dish that is best served WITH A LOT OF HEAT! FIYYAAAAAAAA!!! :ph34r::blink:

2. Bottom of the Heap - This is your fragile package is placed at the bottom of a package wall and then someone decides to load a 700 pound automobile transmission on top of it, then during transit the truck goes over a spee bump and the drive axle protruding from the transmission pierces your package with the force of 20,000 pound per square inch of pressure drives through your package like a 50mm shell through a puppy.

That is the funniest thing I have ever read here.

Better than AgentOne's Doorknobs! :lol::lol::lol:

So I insured it for $1000.00 and marked the box in big, block letters: CAUTION - HEAVILY INSURED.

Good Idea!

Looks deliberate if you ask me.....there is not a freight company in the world tha could be so stupid as to damage cargo that badly without doing it it on purpose....

So what's the story about your loss?

Is the shipping company going to reimburse you? Cause that is just bull sh*t if they don't...

I had a problem with UPS shipping a Bass guitar amp... It was a cab with four 10" speakers mounted in it... It appears they dropped it... HARD! So hard that the shock of the impact shifted the magnets in the back of all the speakers off center... thereby crushing the voice coils in the speakers redering them useless... UPS refused to pay for the damage citing that the package needed to be packed to withstand a 4 ft drop! WTF!!?? However, it seemed like it was dropped from more like 8 - 10 ft considering it would take quite a force to shift the magnets... bastards.

Well, if you are still trying to get the shipping company to take responsibility, keep us updated on your progress... I would be interested to hear their excuse for not trying to compensate you...

That's just outrageous.... I mean I can understand the box being a little beat up, or dirty... but not completely annihilated...

So what's the story about your loss?

Is the shipping company going to reimburse you? Cause that is just bull sh*t if they don't...

I had a problem with UPS shipping a Bass guitar amp... It was a cab with four 10" speakers mounted in it... It appears they dropped it... HARD! So hard that the shock of the impact shifted the magnets in the back of all the speakers off center... thereby crushing the voice coils in the speakers redering them useless... UPS refused to pay for the damage citing that the package needed to be packed to withstand a 4 ft drop! WTF!!?? However, it seemed like it was dropped from more like 8 - 10 ft considering it would take quite a force to shift the magnets... bastards.

Well, if you are still trying to get the shipping company to take responsibility, keep us updated on your progress... I would be interested to hear their excuse for not trying to compensate you...

That's just outrageous.... I mean I can understand the box being a little beat up, or dirty... but not completely annihilated...

Well so far the shopping service guy has gone to EMS in Japan for reimbursement, since Chronopost claims that it's the responsibility of the sender to file for reimbursement. I sent him some pictures I took of the box and of the Q-rau.

Chronopost is full of crap, since the Q-rau was obviously repackaged in France. If it was destroyed in Japan they would have repacked it there with EMS stuff, EMS tape, EMS envelope, and there would be stuff in Japanese and English.

My package was repacked into a cheap quality box that was too small for the Q-rau box (resulting in a bad fit and further crushing of the Q-rau since the Q-rau box was put in with the top of the box forced down on it like an overfilled suitcase). Not only that but it's covered with Chronopost packaging tape saying "packing damaged repacked by chronopost". Hell, they cut off the EMS address form from the original box so I can see that the original box was destroyed, and it was placed into a plastic envelope saying Chronopost.

Jeez, that sucks about th amp! I know nothing about amps and guitars, but I gotta say that it sounds pretty damned expensive. Having to pack against a four foot drop!? :blink::ph34r:

Oh yeah, Chronopost is a shipping company in Europe. I'm not certain if it's French based or what, but let's just say that due to the mindset and politics here in France, you don't get the best or friendliest customer service... <_<

I'm not going to go into details since it strays into being political, but a simple example would be of mindset (exagurrated but oh well).

US: "The customer is always right"

France: "The employee is always right, screw the customer"

In any case the shipping service guy is waiting to hear back from EMS. I still haven't taken the Q-rau from the box, and I haven't been able to pull Miria out of her tomb. I'm keeping everything the way I found it when I opened it in case he needs me to take more pictures. :(

Thanks for the sympathy guys! :) I'll post again when I get more info on what's going on.

Yeap, if your local paper or TV news program features consumer oriented investigative reports, your story will have a good chance of being heard.

Yes. Bad publicity would do some good. This is how they treat your items. Which is complete BS. That means customers would use some other shipper. There is absolutely no reason why the package should look like it is. It wasn't heavy nor bulky.

Update time!

The guy who sent me the package finally got back to me. EMS in Japan got back to him saying they can't do anything for now because: (drumroll)

CHRONOPOST CLAIMS THE PACKAGE WAS DELIVERED WITHOUT PROBLEM! Yep! Chronopost claims there was no damage done to the package! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

If any of you saw some dark storm clouds and heard thunder, it was me screaming "god damnit" in the language of Mordor...

In any case, I have to go complain to chronopost again and try to get them to admit to EMS in Japan that they did "damage" my package. This is a real pisser because of this picture I'm posting.

It says "packing damaged repacked by chronopost" all over the packaging tape in English and in French... If that isn't proof, I don't know would would be constituted as proof!

I'm going to have to start sharpening a pitchfork and get a torch ready... :angry: This is really pissing me off! ANGRY!!! :angry::angry::angry:

edit: It's not the senders fault, he's a good guy.

edit2: Update:

Since my French isn't so great and I would wind up degenerating into a lot of cursing, my fiançée phoned Chronopost for me, where she had to talk to eight different people to try to get them to do something. In the end they sid that they will tell EMS that the package was damaged.

I think this little drama will continue on a bit longer... :angry:

Back to waiting to see what will happen. I'm itching to take Miria out of her tomb, but I'm refraining from doing so in case I need to take more pictures and stuff... :(

post-4-1086170654_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sumdumgai

god that sucks horribly, i hope you can make out well in this, I have alot of packages coming in all the time, I am hoping to never have any sort of similar experiance. :(

i wish you well on this one my friend

chris

Dude... it's wasn't a Hartke Transporter 410, was it?

I just sold mine on eBay a few weeks back and shipped it UPS ground... :ph34r:

Dude... it's wasn't a Hartke Transporter 410, was it?

I just sold mine on eBay a few weeks back and shipped it UPS ground... :ph34r:

No, it was a Carvin 410 cab.... I too was surprised that you have to pack to survive a 4 ft drop.... losers...

Sumdumgai - I would definitely not remove the toy from the package at this point... I would wait until you know one way or the other what will happen with this situation.... This really sucks for you man.... Well, keep the updates coming... It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

French national team needed to practice penalty kicks for Euro 2004......

What, ran out of soccer balls? On a serious note, Sumdumgai, I hope this problem will get resolved asap.

update: Chronopost refuses to give me a paper saying they damaged my package, even though they admitted over the phone to having damaged it. Their reason, "it's a foreign package, it's none of our business."

Even when my fiançée explained to them that it wouldn't be them that pays, but EMS in Japan, they said that it doesn't concern them since it's an EMS package.

And a bigger bullshit thing, is that they said that they didn't go through proper procedure when they put in their status page that my package was damaged. They didn't have someone inspect it, they claim.

Therefore they don't know if it was really damaged... :angry::angry::angry:

So now we're supposed to call their agency at the airport, where we're probably gonna be told "it's none of our business". This is such bullshit, I'm about ready to explode!!! :angry::angry::angry:

I mean, they don't have to pay us a single cent! All they have to do is give us a freaking piece of paper, saying "yes, we damaged the package", and EMS in Japan would refund us the money. I'm feel like going to the Chronopost agencies that have been giving me the shaft, and taking a crowbar to their legs! :angry:

So here's a tip, any French people reading this (or anyone planning to send anything to France). NEVER use Chronopost! Use DHL or someone else. At least DHL hasn't shafted me yet... <_<

@sundamgai

That hurts like hell! my regrets. :(

Normally there is a POD (prood of delivery) when you receive the parcel. also they normally ask your signature and a statement if the parcel was OK or not.

At least you should talk to the driver that there is a damage and note that on the official bills!

Did you do that? That should give you more backup from the law side.......

Any POD with a statement like "parcel damaged" or "parcel repacked"?

@all others

With the POD you normally do not have any problems - it is a written proof under the eyes of the driver. Always check your parcel before you sign something. If the box is original, sealing tape is original and there are no damages to be seen the inside is OK 99,9%!

I always ask the driver to wait until I think everything is OK.

Hope I could help.

Oh, I almost forgott: NEVER SEND THROUGH CHRONOPOST! :angry:

edit: Another way is to refuse the parcel - then it goes back to the sender! Question is how you get your money back from there.......but at least no CHRONOPOST!

Edited by crisp

update: Chronopost refuses to give me a paper saying they damaged my package, even though they admitted over the phone to having damaged it. Their reason, "it's a foreign package, it's none of our business."

Even when my fiançée explained to them that it wouldn't be them that pays, but EMS in Japan, they said that it doesn't concern them since it's an EMS package.

And a bigger bullshit thing, is that they said that they didn't go through proper procedure when they put in their status page that my package was damaged. They didn't have someone inspect it, they claim.

Therefore they don't know if it was really damaged... :angry::angry::angry:

So now we're supposed to call their agency at the airport, where we're probably gonna be told "it's none of our business". This is such bullshit, I'm about ready to explode!!! :angry::angry::angry:

I mean, they don't have to pay us a single cent! All they have to do is give us a freaking piece of paper, saying "yes, we damaged the package", and EMS in Japan would refund us the money. I'm feel like going to the Chronopost agencies that have been giving me the shaft, and taking a crowbar to their legs! :angry:

So here's a tip, any French people reading this (or anyone planning to send anything to France). NEVER use Chronopost! Use DHL or someone else. At least DHL hasn't shafted me yet... <_<

That's stupid. Are they trying to say that they don't care for any foreign packages that comes into their hands? They are a courier service for chrissakes. Of course they will be handling foreign packages, and now they're telling u "its none of our business" ? Its your freaking business to ship these things!!! :angry:

It sounds like you're being given the shaft here....making you go through tideous procedures until you finally give up. Like someone else suggested, write it to the local consumer's association or local newspaper and tell them how crap chronopost is and how they claim that "Its not our business".

PS: What I don't understand here is, why would Japan EMS pay something that Chronopost damaged?