MACROSS VF-1 BUILT FROM SCRATCH 1/32 SCALE

MACROSS MODELLING

Hope to do lot of friends here.

Best Regards,

Ever Lopez

Hello Ever,

Welcome to MW! I'm sure some members will take you up on your offer to "do" them, but I'm not like that, and besides, we just met. ;)

All kidding aside, I've been following your 1/32 scratchbuild project, and I am very excited about it.

Don't worry too much about being able to sell copies once you are finished, because where there is a will, there is a way. I'm sure you'll have plenty of interested customers who will line up to get a kit from you, as long as the price is reasonable.

I also noticed that you plan to sell painted versions, which I think is great. Good luck and I'm glad you haven't not given up. All of your hardwork will be worth it in the end. I'm not sure where you live in Mexico, but I spent a week in Alcapulco, and it was absolutely beautiful, not to mention all of the Coronas I drank in Tijuana, and lobsters I ate in Rosarita.

Please consider me to be an interested customer.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Hope to do lot of friends here.

Best Regards,

Ever Lopez

Hello Ever,

Welcome to MW! I'm sure some members will take you up on your offer to "do" them, but I'm not like that, and besides, we just met. ;)

All kidding aside, I've been following your 1/32 scratchbuild project, and I am very excited about it.

Don't worry too much about being able to sell copies once you are finished, because where there is a will, there is a way. I'm sure you'll have plenty of interested customers who will line up to get a kit from you, as long as the price is reasonable.

I also noticed that you plan to sell painted versions, which I think is great. Good luck and I'm glad you haven't not given up. All of your hardwork will be worth it in the end. I'm not sure where you live in Mexico, but I spent a week in Alcapulco, and it was absolutely beautiful, not to mention all of the Coronas I drank in Tijuana, and lobsters I ate in Rosarita.

Please consider me to be an interested customer.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Weren't you building a 1/32 scale scratchbuild project, or was that someone else?

macrossforo11.jpg

Hi to everybody.

Today I uploaded more images of the scale model, as you can see in the pictures we have lots of resin parts of the model, we´ve completed about 40% of the molds and keep up working to finish the model in 2 weeks.

We used the Fulcys method to cast the parts and it worked great, we are using another brand and type of resin and it gives better results, the only bad thing is that it costs 10 times more than common resin :angry: .

We measured the complete model and its 44.8cms (17 1/2 inches), so I think the scale is right. You can compare the model with my Palm to see the size of it.

Please comment about this pictures

MORE PICTURES

macrossforo12.jpg

macrossforo2.jpg

Great work man! You have definitely brought something special to MW.

This might be a bit off topic, but we see a lot of How-to's for building models, but how about something similiar for making your own masters and casting stuff. I would love to know the process so that I could get stuck in and scratch some 1/72 Regults, Q Raus and N'gers.

Cheers,

Berttt

Great job!

I can't wait to order one.

Since someone jokingly claimed the #1 spot on the future order list, please put me down in position #0.99, which technically makes me first now. :lol:

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

That is awesome, and it looks large enough to fit a hefty sized pilot figure in, someone with some mad modelling/sculpting skills needs to get to work on that :) I'll take mine in the Max variety :) Maybe I missed it but what head type is on this beast?

SPECTACULAR, Ever!

Add me to the list, man!

Oh, and you wanted comments? Okay, though I'd be hard-pressed to find anything less than perfect.... let's see.... are the intakes/hips final pieces? They look a tad square-ish -- the lower front edges could do with a bit of rounding off. Is this possible?

Man, I want one either way!

Edited by Doktor Gonzo

I'm not doing this. Mine would look like a real aircraft. I am still waiting for the CNC router to be set up to use it.

Didn't you have any pictures? My memory is not so good.

Mine would look like a real aircraft.

Hello,

You mentioned a "real aircraft," do you mean as opposed to a Macross valkyrie, which technically is an imaginary aircraft? You are either implying that your scratchbuilt 1/32 valkyrie would be better than the one created by "MACROSS MODELLING," or you're saying you are no longer making a fictional Macross valkyrie, but rather a "real" aircraft such as an F-14/F-18/etc. (These comments are commonly referred to as sarcasm.)

Personally, I surmise that you are implying that your 1/32 scratchbuild will be better than the one posted here, which I think is very negative and condescending. Nothing personal here "Cobywan," but it's usually not cool to come into a thread showcasing someone's hardwork which has received nothing but praise, and make a smart ass comment. <_<

This isn't a freaking contest to see who is making a better one, especially since no one has heard about your project in quite a while. We're getting regular updates here (CNC router or not), and yeah, I see room for improvement, but I'm not here talking crap.

Let's support our fellow fans, and not put them down. Props, not put downs my friend. ;) Opinions are certainly welcome, especially when posted in a non-haughty constructive manner.

Damn, this thread was postive for a while unlike so many others..., here's hoping it will stay that way.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Edited by ChristopherB

Mine would look like a real aircraft.

Hello,

You mentioned a "real aircraft," do you mean as opposed to a Macross valkyrie, which technically is an imaginary aircraft? You are either implying that your scratchbuilt 1/32 valkyrie would be better than the one created by "MACROSS MODELLING," or you're saying you are no longer making a fictional Macross valkyrie, but rather a "real" aircraft such as an F-14/F-18/etc. (These comments are commonly referred to as sarcasm.)

Personally, I surmise that you are implying that your 1/32 scratchbuild will be better than the one posted here, which I think is very negative and condescending. Nothing personal here "Cobywan," but it's usually not cool to come into a thread showcasing someone's hardwork which has received nothing but praise, and make a smart ass comment. <_<

This isn't a freaking contest to see who is making a better one, especially since no one has heard about your project in quite a while. We're getting regular updates here (CNC router or not), and yeah, I see room for improvement, but I'm not here talking crap.

Let's support our fellow fans, and not put them down. Props, not put downs my friend. ;) Opinions are certainly welcome, especially when posted in a non-haughty constructive manner.

Damn, this thread was postive for a while unlike so many others..., here's hoping it will stay that way.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

See previous links.

I wasn't trying to insult Macross Modeling. At least he is finnishing his.

Like your post is all friendly. And I have been spending a lot of time woring on other stuff too. I am just frustrated at having to work on models of buildings and offices for 40 to 60 hours a week. I would love to be able to do this stuff full time. I wish I had a cre to crank out product too. But that will never happen. I can only hope to make one product a year if I am lucky.

Edited by cobywan

cobywan,

I understand, and like I said, it wasn't personal.

Like my momma always said, "If you ain't got nothin nice to say, don't say nothin at all."

I for one lack the skill that both of you posses, but regardless, I think that constructive comments from you would be welcome, because you know what it's like to scratchbuild, and it certainly isn't easy.

Good luck to you, and I hope you are able to finish your valkyrie at some point. ;)

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

I´ll try to answer most of the posts:

This might be a bit off topic, but we see a lot of How-to's for building models, but how about something similiar for making your own masters and casting stuff. I would love to know the process so that I could get stuck in and scratch some 1/72 Regults, Q Raus and N'gers.

I think there is a forum about all this topics, here is a link for a good method (already posted in this message) to make molds.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=41

My god! That looks good. Now where in the hell would you put in the house? 

Its a large model!! it measures 44.8cms about 17.5inches, and complete with a base will be like 20" long, you´ll need a nice display rack.

Oh, and you wanted comments? Okay, though I'd be hard-pressed to find anything less than perfect.... let's see.... are the intakes/hips final pieces? They look a tad square-ish -- the lower front edges could do with a bit of rounding off. Is this possible?

Yes, the intake looks like square edged, but has a little curve, I think its the picture that makes it look like that, I´ll try to take another one soon. that piece is already molded and casted.

Thanks for your comments, it helps us a lot to see mistakes in the Vf.

I'm not doing this. Mine would look like a real aircraft. I am still waiting for the CNC router to be set up to use it.

Thanks for your comment, i like your model, is it the same scale?, I wish I could have access to a CNC router to make my models it would be easier and faster for me, but I can´t, so I´m using my hands and my skills to build one :p

Personally, I surmise that you are implying that your 1/32 scratchbuild will be better than the one posted here, which I think is very negative and condescending. Nothing personal here "Cobywan," but it's usually not cool to come into a thread showcasing someone's hardwork which has received nothing but praise, and make a smart ass comment. 

Let's support our fellow fans, and not put them down. Props, not put downs my friend.  Opinions are certainly welcome, especially when posted in a non-haughty constructive manner.

you are certainly right, there is no point of comparison, a machine can make a complete model in 1 or 2 days, it´s only modelling and programming in a computer, it´s completely different to make a model by hand.

3 years ago I had access to a CNC in another college where I was working, there I finished 4 1:12 scale models in about a month (most of the parts) :D that was nice!, but I still prefer to make them by hand, i feel like really creating and sculpting something mine, it´s a great feeling! ;)

and definitely the CNC router doesn´t have the feeling and skill to make something like this:

escultura-plastilina.jpg

I´m not against a little help by CNC, because a wheel like this will take weeks to be done without a CNC, :rolleyes: the hand method It´s harder, takes a LOT more time, but gives you a really great sensation.

FERRARI-WHEELS-aluminum.jpg

ferrari%20156%20012.jpg

Well thanks to everyone for your support, I´ll post some new pictures on sunday. :D

Just to be clear...The parts I made a couple of years ago are hand made. Actually they were a proof of process. They were done very fast and with little thought. That is why it stopped dead in it's tracks. The problem of the heat shield passing through the air-brake machinery was too much of a problem to deal with. Also the epoxy shells were very brittle. Next time I will use vaccuum formed shells. The CNC angle was a direction I was thinking after seeing so many super fine CGI models in the fan works forum.

I do most of my modeling by hand. It is definately faster than the time it takes to model in CGI and set up the toolpaths.

Right now I use the computer to draft out blueprints and test forms in 3d. I won't be starting the Valkyrie project untill well after the CNC is up and running. Till then I am foucusing on a 1/4 scale Alien and a 30" Battlestar Galactica.

I have too many irons in the fire.

Just to be clear...The parts I made a couple of years ago are hand made. Actually they were a proof of process. They were done very fast and with little thought. That is why it stopped dead in it's tracks. The problem of the heat shield passing through the air-brake machinery was too much of a problem to deal with. Also the epoxy shells were very brittle. Next time I will use vaccuum formed shells. The CNC angle was a direction I was thinking after seeing so many super fine CGI models in the fan works forum.

I do most of my modeling by hand. It is definately faster than the time it takes to model in CGI and set up the toolpaths.

Right now I use the computer to draft out blueprints and test forms in 3d. I won't be starting the Valkyrie project untill well after the CNC is up and running. Till then I am foucusing on a 1/4 scale Alien and a 30" Battlestar Galactica.

I have too many irons in the fire.

Man I wish you'd do another obscure 1/72 vehicle, the Lancer was absolutely brilliant.

Looking good, I haven't been around much to see the progress on this one. :) Can't wait to see the finished product.

Cobywan, I'm working on modeling duplicates of the individual parts of the Hasegawa YF-19, so once it's done, you'll have all the parts already divided up for tooling. :) I'll probably do a YF-21 next, then either a VF-11, or VF-1.

Btw, I'm glad you found a use for those craptacular X-Wing engines.. I've got about 20 of those myself that need reworking. :) Although, I think I'd leave the nozzle part out, and just use the inside turbine thing.. The nozzle looks kinda weird in there. :blink:

Edited by Chronocidal

Hi again

got any pictures of the alien?? is it the alien queen?

It is the original Giger sculpted Alien. I have never seen a really nice sculpt of that version. Everything seems to be slightly "off" a little. I don't know how well it will turn out in the end. I am starting with a rough sculpt of the Etiopian actor they got for the suit. He is a 6' 10" lanky fellow and makes for a very gracefull base to design from. I'll have to post pictures when it is far enough for that.