ENTERPISE season finale

Tonight's episode was yet another STRONG entry into the season long Xindi Arc. Everything boils down to stopping the weapon (which is on route to Earth), with little more than ten hours (before it reaches Earth) I wonder how this is going to end.

[/size]

The Earth gets destroyed and the Federation renames Mars to Earth.

Sorry I absolutely hate Enterprise... I also hated Voyager. DS9 only got good when the Dominion War started... TNG started shakey but by the late 2nd season it started to really pick up and was rocking along after that.

Anyways Enterprise has been renewed for a 4th season... but don't jump the gun... because report has it that its going to be moved to a Friday night time-slot. For those unaware, the Friday night time-slot is known as the death slot, it is traditionally where struggling shows are moved to before they completely die-off.

An example of a struggling show that was moved to a Friday night time-slot and died off. Star Trek: The Original Series... yep. I think this is a bad omen for Enterprise. It seems the executives are keeping Enterprise long enough so they can kill it more quietly.

a little off topic William Shatner is supposed to guest star in the next season. article

The latest issue of Star Trek Monthly magazine, just out in the UK, features an exclusive interview with TREK executive producer Rick Berman, in which he hints at the Season 3 finale "Zero Hour" and Season 4, and tells us his personal high points of the season.

"It all comes to a real head in the finale. I don't know if resolved is the right word, but it's going to come to a very exciting end." Berman told journalist Ian Spelling "Let's just say, certain elements of the story are going to be unresolved."

Berman chose "Similitude" as his favourite episode from Season 3 "I think that Similitude was a classic Star Trek episode that dealt with an issue that was very emotionally wrenching and really made you think. I thought it was provocative and beautifully produced."

Looking ahead to what we can all now confidently say is going to be ENTERPRISE's fourth season. Berman confirmed that he had indeed been in talks with TREK star William Shatner about a guest starring role in Enterprise, and is hoping to fit a William Shatner Guest appearance into Enterprise's 4th season.

"Bill is busy doing 'The Practice' right now, and he's going to be doing the spin - off next season." Berman said. "We have had discussions in the last week, when we were talking with the studio about areas and directions we would like to go in next season, and there were two different ideas that we think could be developed into a good vehicle for Bill. And hopefully we're going to pursue one of them for next season."

For more from Berman, you can read the original report at Sci Fi Pulse.

MORE HUGE SEASON 4 NEWS.

William Shatner in talks to guest star on ENTERPRISE!

A story idea that could see William Shatner (James T. Kirk) appear in Enterprise's fourth season is currently in the works, executive producer Rick Berman said recently.

"We have had discussions in the last week, when we were talking with the studio about areas and directions we would like to go in next season, and there were two different ideas that we think could be developed into a good vehicle for Bill," Berman told Ian Spelling in issue 115 of Star Trek Magazine (via Sci-Fi Pulse). "And hopefully we're going to pursue one of them for next season."

Rumours of Shatner making a guest appearance on Enterprise have been circulating for the past season. In September, the James Kirk actor said Rick Berman had approached him to play Kirk's grandfather on Enterprise (story). Then, earlier this year, Shatner revealed he had "written a scenario, that I could conceivably come back for a show or two".

In his Star Trek Magazine interview, Berman acknowledged that Shatner has a lot on his plate at the moment. "Bill is busy doing The Practice right now, and he's going to be doing the spin-off next season." The actor will play Denny Crane in The Practice: Fleet Street, which will air 10:00 p.m. Sundays on ABC from this fall

Sounds like they're just desperate for ratings.

I'm surprised they haven't done more T'Pol semi-nude/full-nude scenes yet... either that or they'll bring in another hot actress and put her in tights too.

Hmm...glad to see some realists here.

ENT died when they brought the Borg back. Or even beforehand, when the designers realized it would be easier to port a vessel from the distant future and try to deceive all of us by changing some parts around to make it look different.

There's a big argument against the "Akiraprise", which also mentions that 800 signatures condemned the design.

I personally don't watch Enterprise anymore. The only memorable episode for me is when the Tholians appeared. Even then they stole from Dr. Who in that episode.

I turn my Trek interests to the Starfleet Battles cannon (AKA Starfleet Command). No borg, no cliche situations, and full recognition of already established cannon (Up to TMPs)

As for Paramount's universe, Trek ended at Movie 6.

Hmm...glad to see some realists here.

ENT died when they brought the Borg back. Or even beforehand, when the designers realized it would be easier to port a vessel from the distant future and try to deceive all of us by changing some parts around to make it look different.

There's a big argument against the "Akiraprise", which also mentions that 800 signatures condemned the design.

I personally don't watch Enterprise anymore. The only memorable episode for me is when the Tholians appeared. Even then they stole from Dr. Who in that episode.

I turn my Trek interests to the Starfleet Battles cannon (AKA Starfleet Command). No borg, no cliche situations, and full recognition of already established cannon (Up to TMPs)

As for Paramount's universe, Trek ended at Movie 6.

how can you "plagerize" a design you legally own. that site needs some fixing.

I too was left WTF :blink:

Good finale, love the retilian guy's demise.

Now for the cliffhangar, I am eager to see how they explain this one, and do hope it's only a few episodes with this scenario they started.

Ugh. What the hell was that?

I was watching the episode and I thought "alright this isn't bad". But some of it was predictable. When they said Archer was dead I instantly went "He's alive... in comes time travel to save the day!" And was I dead on.

The whole ending was lame... if it is aliens travelling back in time to the 1940's and joinning the Nazis... that's been done MANY times. That exact premise has been done in Battlestar Galactica and the Nazis have also made an appearance in TOS.

Oh so very lame. They ruined a fair decent episode with one of the worst cliff-hangers EVAR!

BTW, there was a thing going on where they had 2 endings for the finale... one to end the season and one to end the series if Enterprise wasn't renewed. If you took the episode, cut off the stupid ending and had Archer return to Enterprise, that would've wrapped it up nicely and ended the series there.

Whoa....I'm gonna have to rate this one JUST below Best of Both Worlds Part One. It's one of those endings (that MAY have been refilmed at the last second due to the renewal mish mash) that make me go :p:D:angry::blink::ph34r:B)) over the summer.

I loved it when Archer took out da Dolim. :p

Earth without any defenses.........kinda cool. But they could have had one or two ships in orbit.

I definitely wanna see how this plays out in Season 4.

I thought the Andorian guy beamed Archer in time, and when Enterprise called starfleet, Archer would answer. Needless to say I got a surprise.

My brother came downstairs and said, "What the hell was that?"

The alien looks like the catfish guy that Wesley did the Starfleet Acadamy test with in Next Generation, minus the freezer mouth piece and the adding the red eyes. Wierd.

We do not need a season long time travel storyline. Couple of episodes, fine. There has been enough reliance on time travel in this show already. Enough is enough. This needs to last only a couple of episodes or Season 4 really will be the last season.

I think doing WWII and the Nazis is stupid.

That time period and the Nazis have been done by everyone and everything.

The Trek universe has such a diverse history that is untouched, lots of cool time periods and events in the timeline that has never been shown before. This was the perfect opportunity to do so... but nope, can't show any originality here.

I think it would've been cool had they gone back to World War III or even the Eugenics War.

I must agree.

The Nazi story was done already. However, since this is new, might as well see what happens to Archer next in Season 4. I wonder how they'll get out of this pickle? Hmmmm.... :huh:

Earth without any defenses.........kinda cool. But they could have had one or two ships in orbit.

very inconsistant considering at the end of season 2 a few ships came to Archers rescue agianst the Klingons.

after doing some thinking that alein looked like a reman from Nemesis

Edited by buddhafabio

I must agree.

The Nazi story was done already. However, since this is new, might as well see what happens to Archer next in Season 4. I wonder how they'll get out of this pickle? Hmmmm.... :huh:

:blink:

post-26-1085655413.jpg

I'm having Hirogen flashbacks personally. Voyager exhuasted the WWII quota.

The Eugenics war would have been cool. Something new, and they could have used a young Khan. That would have been good viewing.

They have well exceeded the time travel quota in this show. They need to use something else. Explore, pick a fight with another race. Invade Betazed. Something.

No more time travel after this. No more future guy pulling Archer aside and telling him stuff. Archer doesn't listen to him anyway, so the guy should take a hint a leave Archer alone.

The finale was pretty good. Though one thing that I found interesting. It didn't seem like Archer or Enterprise went back in time but that the planet itself went back in time. Once Trip left in a shuttle to contact starfleet they were attacked by US allied planes it looked like then we cut to the Nazi medical tent. This is interesting cause I don't believe they've ever taken this approach. It's usually the ships going back in time but not a planet which seems to be the case and the reason they never got an answer from Starfleet, orbiting stations or the moon base.

Thought I did see the beginning workings of Federation or what could lead to it with the different races helping out the Enterprise. Maybe I'm looking to much into that tthough. I wouldn't be surprise if they played that angle though next season by going into the birth of the Federation. I just hope this time travel thing only last a few episodes.

Edited by Effect

Saw it last night. Overall, it was pretty good, and I enjoyed seeing Shran come to the rescue and Dolan being blown to bloody bits. However, there were a few plot holes you could drive a Galaxy class starship through without scraping the sides:

1. There was only the one space station orbiting Earth. Where was the ship yard, et al?

2. Where were the NX-02 Colombia? The Intrepid? The Challenger? And all the other Starfleet vessels? You'd think that since the first Xindi attack, earth would assign a number of ships on picket duty just in case Enterprise failed in her mission.

3. Shran's appearance was too convenient, and the explanation that he'd been tracking Archer's approach, albeit with trouble, was downright lame. Shran would have no way to know that Archer would be coming on the heels of the Xindi weapon, and in a Xindi ship no less. The Andorians' ability to track human bio-signs through the spatial corridor is just too much BS. If anything, Shran should have fired on Degra's ship until contacted by Archer.

4. The Deflector pulse beam used to disable Sphere 41 smacks of writer laziness. Enterprise exists 100 years before NCC-1701, with a correspondingly inferior level of technology. Even Kirk's Enterprise could only generate a deflection field for safe navigation; it wasn't until TNG's "The Best of Both Worlds" that the Nav deflector was used as a weapon, and even then a number of decks had to be evacuated because of excessive radiation.

5. Hand weapon frequency modulation also hints at the writers having tunnel vision created by what's been done before in other series. If anything, given the level of technology, the phase rifles and pistols would need to be taken back to the armory for their harmonic frequencies to be altered...not have them field adjustable like a TNG hand phaser.

6. Although very cool, what with having P-51s futilely firing .50 cal. slugs at Enterprise's shuttle pod and all, it didn't make any sense at all. If Earth reverted back to the WWII era, and all remnants of Starfleet ceased to exist, then what was the station doing there? And if the station was there, why not the ships? If the effect was more widespread and the future never existed, then why is Enterprise still around? If Earth is still in the 22nd Century, just an altered one, how come technology hasn't progressed beyond 1944-45 level for two centuries? Paradoxes upon paradoxes. Hopefully all will be made clear, if not logical, next season.

PS.: Did anybody else get the feeling that they shot two distinct endings just in case this was the final season? That's the impression I got.

Edited by mechaninac

PS.: Did anybody else get the feeling that they shot two distinct endings just in case this was the final season? That's the impression I got.

Good call on those points.

I agree with all of them, and those were what was going through my mind as I was watching the episode.

And they supposingly DID shoot 2 endings. One is the one we saw, and the other was minus the alien Nazis... either with Archer dying or have him successfully beam back and the Enterprise return to normal Earth safely. That would've wrapped everything up and been the series finale.

Saw it last night. Overall, it was pretty good, and I enjoyed seeing Shran come to the rescue and Dolan being blown to bloody bits. However, there were a few plot holes you could drive a Galaxy class starship through without scraping the sides:

1. There was only the one space station orbiting Earth. Where was the ship yard, et al?

2. Where were the NX-02 Colombia? The Intrepid? The Challenger? And all the other Starfleet vessels? You'd think that since the first Xindi attach, earth would assign a number of ships on picket duty just in case Enterprise failed in her mission.

3. Shran's appearance was too convenient, and the explanation that he'd been tracking Archer's approach, albeit with trouble, was downright lame. Shran would have no way to know that Archer would be coming on the heels of the Xindi weapon, and in a Xindi ship no less. The Andorians' ability to track human bio-signs through the spatial corridor is just too much BS. If anything, Shran should have fired on Degra's ship until contacted by Archer.

4. The Deflector pulse beam used to disable Sphere 41 smacks of writer laziness. Enterprise exists 100 years before NCC-1701, with a correspondingly inferior level of technology. Even Kirk's Enterprise could only generate a deflection field for safe navigation; it wasn't until TNG's "The Best of Both Worlds" that the Nav deflector was used as a weapon, and even then a number of decks had to be evacuated because of excessive radiation.

5. Hand weapon frequency modulation also hints at the writers having tunnel vision created by what's been done before in other series. If anything, given the level of technology, the phase rifles and pistols would need to be taken back to the armory for their harmonic frequencies to be altered...not have them field adjustable like a TNG hand phaser.

6. Although very cool, what with having P-51s futilely firing .50 cal. slugs at Enterprise's shuttle pod and all, it didn't make any sense at all. If Earth reverted back to the WWII era, and all remnants of Starfleet ceased to exist, then what was the station doing there? And if the station was there, why not the ships? If the effect was more widespread and the future never existed, then why is Enterprise still around? If Earth is still in the 22nd Century, just an altered one, how come technology hasn't progressed beyond 1944-45 level for two centuries? Paradoxes upon paradoxes. Hopefully all will be made clear, if not logical, next season.

There's one possible reason why the Xindi only saw one spacestation: The others were on the far side of the planet, and thus would have been in Earth's sensor shadow.

The Columbia (good homage, and if it goes like this, then the other ships could be named Endevour, Discovery, and Challenger) isn't finished yet. Now granted, the NX class of ships have been show, rather graphically, that they can take a beating and still hold together, but a half completed ship really isn't in any shape to fight. As for the other ships, honestly, I have no clue why they weren't there. But! Space is a big place, and considering the level of warp technology in Enterprise, it's possible that the ships were on the far leg of their patrol route, and thus too far away to be detected/or reach the weapon in time.

Yah, Shran's appearance was a little convient, but it made up for it in a good space battle.

Ah, yes the deflector pulse beam... Well if anything, the ship would have been destroyed, whereas, Enterprise-D wasn't in danger of exploding. Granted Enterprise-D was in much better shape though.

Yup... Handweapon frequency thing again... Annoyingly convient, but how else are you going to stop those weird aliens? They don't exist in our universe... But then again, modulating your guns so that the shots exist in their universe... To hard to work out...

As for just Earth being flung back in time, I somehow don't think so. Most likely, as others have stated, Daniels may have played a hand in this. But usually all the jumps in time have happened when the characters were going through a doorway, passageway etc. The transition point may be when Enterprise exited the Xindi-aquatic's "Enterprisebay", but it was sufficiently vague, so it's possible that the Aquatic ship may be stuck back in time with them, as you could move the transition point back to when the Aquatic ship exited the portal.

And yes, I too feel that multiple endings were shot for the end of this season... That whole WW2 thing was so totally out of the blue...

Point 3: I liked that Shran showed up, but you are right, it was a bit too convenient. Great space battle though, as someone else said. And I agree, Shran should have fired on Degra's ship before knowing Archer was aboard.

Point 4: ARRG.... Boy, those deflectors sure are handy aren't they? At least they had the drama of almost dying due to the "spacial disruptions" effect on their bodies... But man, the whole deflector thing was a stretch, and you are right... Even Kirk's ship would have had trouble pulling that one off.

Point 5: Not too much to say here except that it was WAY too easy.... Writer tunnel vision is a good call there.

Point 6: This entire sequence was confusing... And we are going to have to wait until Sep.- Oct./Nov. to find out what the hell.... I can't recall, but wasn't there some sort of time shift when the Enterprise went through the other vortex near the Zindi home world??

I can't recall, but wasn't there some sort of time shift when the Enterprise went through the other vortex near the Zindi home world??

Yes. I think you're referring to E2 (3x21)........the Enterprise encounters another NX class ship that was manned by their ancestors. :blink: Personally, I think this storyline didn't help the Xindi arc one bit. Sure, they were on their way to rendevous with Degra's ship......but it was mostly a filler episode that had little to NO repercussions (except finding out that T'Pol and Trip will have kids). :lol:

Here's a shot of the P-51 Mustangs.

post-26-1085694672_thumb.jpg

3. Shran's appearance was too convenient, and the explanation that he'd been tracking Archer's approach, albeit with trouble, was downright lame.

How is it lame when Shran pretty much been tailing Archer for roughly a season now. Has every here forgoten the epsiode where Shran been ordered to take the weapon prototype after helping Archer capture?

I really hate this time traveling thing... there are enough stories to tell without going back to the past...

Do you guys think NX-01 Enterprise will get a upgrade/new look in the next season?

and... Sphere builders = borg ? :D

I really hate this time traveling thing... there are enough stories to tell without going back to the past...

Do you guys think NX-01 Enterprise will get a upgrade/new look in the next season?

and... Sphere builders = borg ? :D

Good pun, but no the Sphere Builders are definatley not the Borg. The Sphere builders come from a different universe entierely.

As for the NX-01, I hope it at least gets repaired. Seeing holes through any starship makes me happy. I like it when the Enterprise really gets smashed up, as I find it really repetitive when the ship manages to soak up so much damage, and not really suffer. Hence I like Star Trek 2 and 6, as the Enterprise is badly damaged (and in 6 a nice new ventalation hole in the saucer section! ). Aren't I one sadistic bugger?

Heck I was really happy when Enterprise was blown up in the "what-if" episode. That was one heck of a spacefight.

As for the NX-01, I hope it at least gets repaired. Seeing holes through any starship makes me happy. I like it when the Enterprise really gets smashed up, as I find it really repetitive when the ship manages to soak up so much damage, and not really suffer. Hence I like Star Trek 2 and 6, as the Enterprise is badly damaged (and in 6 a nice new ventalation hole in the saucer section! ). Aren't I one sadistic bugger?

Heck I was really happy when Enterprise was blown up in the "what-if" episode. That was one heck of a spacefight.

heh heh. I too absolutely LOVE the Enterprise getting damaged and/or crashing.

I agree with you about ST 2 and 6. The space battle scenes are great to watch cause the good guys get their but kicked. Don't forget Generations and Nemesis, where the Enterprise D and E lose a lot of metal courtesy of bad guys.

ALL HANDS, BRACE FOR IMPACT!!