ENTERPISE season finale

Welcome to the MW Forums almighty Locutus. Hehehehehehe.

I'm probably one of the largest Trek fans on these boards. It saddens me to see that this MIGHT be the last series we'll see in a LONG time.

Oversaturation has hurt ALL THINGS TREK during the last ten years. Yes, it started with TNG and DS9 running at the same time. This disappoints me because the third season of Enterprise has been some of the strongest writing I've seen (since the mid seasons of DS9).

The whole Xindi arc has been forcefully put upon us, but I'm glad Manny Coto, Mike Sussman, Berman, and even Braga have taken the series in this direction. I always liked the idea of a season long story arcs, even the continuity has been mostly airtight. Now that we're close to the end I'll be upset (but understanding) if Paramount/VIACOM pulls the plug.

But. I really want them to make a fourth season......here's hoping.

post-26-1084502271.gif

This season's arc has really beena vast improvement over the last two. I really like some of the cast in this show, especially Trip and Phlox's characters. Good stuff, it'd be a shame to see it go. Even in the first two seasons I liked it better than Voyager.

DS9 still rocks though. Thank goodness it's on Spike finally. It's the only Star Trek show I am actually willing to buy the seven seasons of eventually.

I missed Enterprise on Wednesday this week :( I have to make sure I take it on Saturday.

If they do cancel it, they can wait two or three years and then give it another try. Hopefully. Then come back with something new. Get back to new exploration, like we talked about a while back about future story ideas. Even though some people mentioned the M7 parallel, the idea of an expeditionary fleet with multiple starships through the gamma quadrant would rock IMO. A galaxy or sovereign at the center, a couple defiant-classes, couple Prometheus-classes, few new-model science vessels. Maybe a couple romulan ships. Would be cool.

I do hope Enterprise gets a fair shake after this season though, it deserves at least one more, given it's ratings have gone up this season.

Should the series have been broadcasted on more channels instead of only on UPN, ST: Enterprise would have been more succesful. :angry:

Honestly I gave the first season a shot and watched each episode but I was disappointed. I payed less attentiont to the second season and almost ignore the series this year but recently I've heard how much better its gotten. I do wish it would get another season if things are improving. I think it was the most less Trekish series out of all of them. I do wish they would get back to exploring. I think Voyager was more like Next Generation but they over used the borg and the long journay home kinda made things drag. DS9 was a nice change in that it had several different themes. I think the prequel theme Enterprise just makes things less interesting. I guess if anything ground breaking happens it will be covered up via another temporal situation. We know how the universe is suppose to end up. With the other series we had no idea what was going to happen next, what would happen next in the universe. It kept pushing the timeline forward from the Original Series to Next Gen to DS9 and to Voy. Same with the movies. Enterprise just doesn't give the same feeling I guess.

I always liked the idea of a season long story arcs, even the continuity has been mostly airtight.

I might be highjacking this thread a bit here, but..

I'm not really a Star Trek fan, but I occassionally peek into the discussions here and there. One site -- funny in the right light -- caught my attention:

First TV Drama Enterprise Pages

This guy is obviously biased, but I would like your opinions on his opinions.

I think Voyager was more like Next Generation but they over used the borg and the long journay home kinda made things drag.

What really bugged me about Voyager was it had so much promise, and they killed it with bad writing and recycled plots.

I think they did a "humanity of the doctor" episode every season.

I always liked the idea of a season long story arcs, even the continuity has been mostly airtight.

I might be highjacking this thread a bit here, but..

I'm not really a Star Trek fan, but I occassionally peek into the discussions here and there. One site -- funny in the right light -- caught my attention:

First TV Drama Enterprise Pages

This guy is obviously biased, but I would like your opinions on his opinions.

he says

The Xindi have the power to scan alternate timelines. They saw this future and needed to travel back in time to find a pathetic starship Captain who sucks so bad he can destroy the Federation by merely walking through the door. They chose you.

that is wrong.

If Enterprise makes it to 4, I seriously doubt we will see a season 5. Of course, I could be eating my words this time next year so who knows. But most of the ramblings I've heard are Enterprise will not be on much longer. It might help that other shows are going off the air this year, but we will know by late May/June whether or not the show will return for season 4. Most networks usually set their fall line-ups around that time.

Whoa. Where'd you find that fan art Ali Sama?  B))

like it? I found it on a gallery site featurign th emnay enterprises.

O_o I ADORE that design! That would have been the perfect mix of retro and new, having elements from the old show, combined with slicker and more modern influences... without looking *way* too advanced compared with the original designs. And it having bits of Yamato thrown in is a good, good thing. *fawns*

-Al

As we're nearing the 20th word has it that UPN has indeed renewed Enterprise for a 4th Season (taken from saveenterprise.com ).

How about some news that it comes to some station other than UPN? I'd love to see the series, but my cable provider does not, and has no plans to, carry UPN.

I'd rather see SciFi pick it up.... might be reason enough to start watching it again.

Whoa. Where'd you find that fan art Ali Sama?  B))

like it? I found it on a gallery site featurign th emnay enterprises.

O_o I ADORE that design! That would have been the perfect mix of retro and new, having elements from the old show, combined with slicker and more modern influences... without looking *way* too advanced compared with the original designs. And it having bits of Yamato thrown in is a good, good thing. *fawns*

-Al

That would have been a huge step in the right direction. Given some good writing, airtight continuity, and a good cast and it could have been something memorable. I agree completely on that design, absolutely gorgeous!

It's official (pretty much), Enterprise is getting renewed for the fourth season. link

I have missed almost all of Enterprise, which makes it extremely difficult to pick it up where I left off (which was season 1 ep 3). But I just want to draw you guys attention to some things. Star Trek shows are never really great or popular at first. The original was cancelled after three seasons, TNG didn't get a healthy bit of popularity until at the earliest midway season 3 (but most agree Best of Both Worlds sealed it's place as good). DS9 sucked until the Dominion War storyline started to pick up in season 4. And as much as people talk about hating Voyager (myself included), it was on for 7 seasons, just as long as any of the others (which seems to be the magic number for Star Trek sequels). I have a feeling Enterprise will be around for awhile.

On a separate note, I would like to see a series along the lines of TNG, but that's just the part of me that longs for the return to what I consider a "good series." But I'd really like to see a series or movie that explores the 70 odd years of history between Star Trek 6 and TNG. There's alot that could be covered there, but the style of that era is just fantastic, with the more militaristic uniforms, etc. Plus I'm a sucker for Excelsior class ships.

I have missed almost all of Enterprise, which makes it extremely difficult to pick it up where I left off (which was season 1 ep 3). But I just want to draw you guys attention to some things. Star Trek shows are never really great or popular at first.  The original was cancelled after three seasons, TNG didn't get a healthy bit of popularity until at the earliest midway season 3 (but most agree Best of Both Worlds sealed it's place as good). DS9 sucked until the Dominion War storyline started to pick up in season 4. And as much as people talk about hating Voyager (myself included), it was on for 7 seasons, just as long as any of the others (which seems to be the magic number for Star Trek sequels). I have a feeling Enterprise will be around for awhile.

I totally agree with you there. I was born on raised on the exploits of Captain Picard and "his" Enterprise, I barely followed it during the first and second season. But, buy the time the third season came around I was HOOKED. I guess you could say it was the same way for me concerning DS9. Once Commander Sisko obtained the Defiant (plus the addition of Worf) and by the time the Dominion War came around I was HOOKED.

I'm sorry to say that Voyager is the LEAST favorite of the new Trek series'. Say what you guys will about Enterprise, but it's got an interesting story that's kept me interested (espically this season).

From what I've heard Season 4 is going to utilize mini-arcs. Hopefully (knock on wood) this will lead to a Birth of the Federation movie in several years. B))

I'm sorry to say that Voyager is the LEAST favorite of the new Trek series'. Say what you guys will about Enterprise, but it's got an interesting story that's kept me interested (espically this season).

I also prefer Enterprise's cast over Voyager's.

I also prefer Enterprise's cast over Voyager's.

Archer > Janeway

T'Pol > Chakotay

Trip > Torres

Reed > Tuvok

Hoshi > Harry

Mayweather < Paris

Phlox < EMH

Porthos > Jar-Jar (wait.......huh?)

I have missed almost all of Enterprise, which makes it extremely difficult to pick it up where I left off (which was season 1 ep 3).

You don't have to. Everything in Season 2 was more or less meaning less. If you wish to pick up on the storyline, start from Season 2's finale and work your way forward.

How about some news that it comes to some station other than UPN? I'd love to see the series, but my cable provider does not, and has no plans to, carry UPN.

UPN == United Paramount Network. Why would Enterprise's parent network, Paramount, want to air ITS show on someone else's network? If you have a big screen, why do you want to watch TV at someone else's?

I don't look for plotholes. I don't care about historical accuracies. I don't care about small inconsistencies in the continuity. The only thing that really bugs me is that Star Trek still believe in a linear universe, but I digress.

What I want is a show I enjoy, and Enterprise more than delivers. The modern CG graphics make ship battles very beautiful, and though I wish I can see some more advanced technology, what I get from Enterprise is perfectly fine with me.

I cannot wait to see this season wrap up.

Edited by Stamen0083

But I'd really like to see a series or movie that explores the 70 odd years of history between Star Trek 6 and TNG. There's alot that could be covered there, but the style of that era is just fantastic, with the more militaristic uniforms, etc. Plus I'm a sucker for Excelsior class ships.

IT NEEDS TO BE DONE! Excelsior, the series! Sulu-Trek!! Before he shrivels and dies!

-Al

I totally agree with you there. I was born on raised on the exploits of Captain Picard and "his" Enterprise, I barely followed it during the first and second season. But, buy the time the third season came around I was HOOKED. I guess you could say it was the same way for me concerning DS9. Once Commander Sisko obtained the Defiant (plus the addition of Worf) and by the time the Dominion War came around I was HOOKED.

From what I've heard Season 4 is going to utilize mini-arcs. Hopefully (knock on wood) this will lead to a Birth of the Federation movie in several years. B))

Heck, by the time Season 4 of Voyage came along and Seven of Nine came aboard, I was HOOKED (in more ways than one) :p Seriously though, at the same time Jeri Ryan came on board, Voyager improved a lot in terms of episode plot and quality. Since DS9 had been over for over a year, the shows creators could finally concentrate on just one series. DS9 was the same. Though I was never really a big fan of it, it did improve once the show became the flagship series.

I love all things Trek.... I really enjoyed all of the Trek series.... TNG had a rough first season if you remember... DS9 took time to get going in the first season as well.... Enterprise had issues season 1, but Voyager, I thought, was good all the way through...

All said and done though, all the series ended up being great IMO... I hope the same rings true for Enterprise... I pretty much missed all of season 2, but this season has really been good. I would love to see Enterprise go the distance... 7 seasons...

To wrap up I would have to say that TNG, was just great all around.... Voyager, was very enjoyable, DS9 had the best writing hands down... Especially the dialog... Garek was my favorite character in DS9.... Now Enterprise... still has my interest... Look forward to the finale tonight.

I totally agree with you there. I was born on raised on the exploits of Captain Picard and "his" Enterprise

No matter what the box office says, Picard rocks the hizzie

:lol: LOLOL!!! :lol:

When I was younger I was never into Star Trek, but at 10pm there were two things to watch: the news or Star Trek: The Next Generation. Well, as a kid you don't really watch news, so I just watched TNG cuz nuttin' better was on, and eventually caught up thru re-runs. I been hooked on all the Trek series ever since :lol:

Edited by Mellow Yellow

Tonight's episode was yet another STRONG entry into the season long Xindi Arc. Everything boils down to stopping the weapon (which is on route to Earth), with little more than ten hours (before it reaches Earth) I wonder how this is going to end.

I don't think it'll be as easy as launching a proton torpedo up an exhaust port. :lol:

It's nice to see all the Xindi working together (except for those crazy crazy Reptilians) to stop the weapon.

NEXT WEEK: ZERO HOUR