Shizouka Hobby Show: May 13-16

Graham

The Shizuoka Hobby Show is starting today and runs until May 16th.

I just want to ask if any of our resident Japan based members will be able to go and take some photos for Macrossworld? Rob, Renato.......anybody?

I know that Blackaces (Noel) wont be able to make it unfortunately :(

Graham

I just noticed something about the GPB-1 in the background. There is a small gap between the shoulder piece and the shoulder armor. This makes me wonder about the theory that the GPB piece completely covers the original shoulder. I wonder if this explains the delay?

I just noticed something about the GPB-1 in the background. There is a small gap between the shoulder piece and the shoulder armor. This makes me wonder about the theory that the GPB piece completely covers the original shoulder. I wonder if this explains the delay?

Good observation! The VF-0 still looks the same. :rolleyes:<_<

Boba who? J/K... that is awesome.

But that ScopeDog is officially [boston rob] wicked awesome [/boston rob].

And I still like the VF-0, even if I'm not in love with it. I'm definitely gonna pick one up, ugly hips or not.

I see Priss...  :o

Whooot! Now lets see a moto slave! Is it possible priss+moto slave was the other transformable line Graham talked about so many years ago? Okay it was just a year but it seems like years.

Edited by GobotFool

I think Max became a safe bet when they did a wedding gown Miria. But a drop in price is wonderful news.

Priss doesn't look poseable. But Yamato getting the license is also great news. Hopefully this means more BGC stuff!

What....no KONIG Monster??? Noooo.....but Remote controlled Guntank.... Fun! :lol:

Looks like Priss will be part of Yamato's Story Image Figure line ie: Trading figures. The 2 figures behind her are Joe and Meg from Bakuretsu Tenshi.

post-4-1084504083_thumb.jpg

Edited by wolfx

I see Priss...  :o

Whooot! Now lets see a moto slave! Is it possible priss+moto slave was the other transformable line Graham talked about so many years ago? Okay it was just a year but it seems like years.

Wow, the Priss looks great. I didn't see or hear of this coming at all. Yamato doesn't talk to me any more....snifff, sniff :(

Definitely looks like the Priss figure has some shoulder, elbow and hip articulation. Not sure from the picture if it has knee articulation though. My one major concern is whether the figure will be able to stand by itself with those high heels :D

Anyway, it's nice to see Yamato expand into toys from other classic 80s animes, espceially as the original Bubble Gum Crisis OVA is a personal favorite of many MWers, myself included.

Graham

Wow, the Priss looks great. I didn't see or hear of this coming at all. Yamato doesn't talk to me any more....snifff, sniff :(

Definitely looks like the Priss figure has some shoulder, elbow and hip articulation. Not sure from the picture if it has knee articulation though. My one major concern is whether the figure will be able to stand by itself with those high heels :D

Anyway, it's nice to see Yamato expand into toys from other classic 80s animes, espceially as the original Bubble Gum Crisis OVA is a personal favorite of many MWers, myself included.

Graham

Great... I love being wrong here... but I think you're right, she does indeed appear to have joints! :lol:

The VF-0S on display looks to me to be the exact same one that appeared in the Japanese hobby magazines over the past few months. So hopefully, Yamato are still working on an improved version and it just wasn't ready in time for this show (hey, I can hope can't I?).

There are parts of the sculpt I like. The head looks especially good painted IMO. The gunpod is also quite impressive as well. Overall, the level of detailing is pretty good for the size. However, please bear in mind that this is likely a hand painted resin sculpt on display and the mass-production PVC & ABS toy may not have the painted panel lines or such a nice finish.

The main thing that really bugs me about this toy is of course the ugly hip joints, which place the hips too far away from the nose cone, giving the toy a very wide-hipped stance. Yamato really, really need to alter this and bring the hips (intakes) closer to the nose in battroid mode.

There are other things that bother me such as the appalingly inaccurate wing sculpt in fighter mode (see pic below for what I mean). Hopefully, Yamato will clear this up as well.

Other minor niggles include the ugly landing gear sculpt and the fact that in all fighter-mode photos so far, the tail fins do not appear to be canted outward enough and look too vertical.

And of course, I would at least like to see the Skulls on the tails and heatshield and the UN Spacy emblem on the wings and nose Tampo printed on, instead of using Yamato's el-cheapo, piss-poor quality stickers.

Graham

Gotta say Yamato have done a really outstanding job with the 1/12 Scopedog.

I'm probably gonna pass on the basic, plain ATM-09 Scopedog, but I'm definitely down for a Red Shoulder Custom with full weapons if and when they make one.

Graham

AS CM's appear to be making the 1/60 Miria figures for Yamato and Yamato are now advertising CM's Macross figures Part 1 on their website, I'm just wondering exactly what CM's relationship with Yamato is?

Do CM's just have a close business relationship with Yamato, or have Yamato perhaps bought out CM's?

I tried emailing Yamato to ask them, but no reply :(

Graham

One question though, why Ideon? Why of all mecha Ideon, there are so many other, cooler mecha designs for Yamato to choose from. <_<

Dunno? Perhaps the license was cheap, or maybe there's a big Ideon fanbase in Japan?

We really need a shrugging shoulders smilie.

Graham