Anime Network to re-air all 85 Robotech

I honestly could care less to be honest and I'm a RT fan. Also I don't even get the channel so it doesn't mean any good news for me and I already have the original DVDs and I'm getting the original 3 series so I'll see the deleted scenes in due time.

What I do have a problem is HG using exclusive all the damn time. Limiting themselves and shooting themselves in the foot at times. How much of the martket does the Anime Network cover? I heard 5% of digital viewers or less. Hmm if they do this with their new series I wonder how well it will do?

Edited by Effect

well i'm glad its being re-broadcasted. i don't see the big deal? if anything you macross/robotech horders will make a bundle if new fans enter the market...hello $100 for a matchbox regult. ;) also they'll be some old timers with deep pockets so watch out....the competition on ebay for toys will be fierce. :D

i'm a robotech fan cause thats what i grew up watching. i watched DYRL and mac+ but i have yet to watch the original macross series. i guess i'm a RT loser right? :o

In that case, what does that make me?

Afterall, I've seen all three original shows and derivitives of them... and yet I still prefer RT.

Thats just strange.

Thats like saying "why date when you can just have a blow up doll?"

Afterall, I've seen all three original shows and derivitives of them... and yet I still prefer RT.

bleh ignore the haters. i'm with you - i prefer the rt storyline.

and blow up doll? come on. anyhow might as well lock this thread as i cant see it serving any useful purpose other than the usual rt vs macross hatred.

bleh ignore the haters. i'm with you - i prefer the rt storyline.

and blow up doll? come on. anyhow might as well lock this thread as i cant see it serving any useful purpose other than the usual rt vs macross hatred.

Its not hatred. I like Cory and I like Robotech, I mean its better than M7. Its just the prefering the RT story thing. That just seems so... :(

Isn't the Anime Network Pay Per View?

I think in my area it is.. I definitely wouldn't pay to see RT.

In some areas it is a part of expanded-cable, usually a premium package. It might be PPV in other markets as well.

Yeah, I think in my area it's a question of them just not having it all the way now.

I have fully blown cable and internet with all the freakin channels, and I don't have the Anime network <_< .

Thats just strange.

Thats like saying "why date when you can just have a blow up doll?"

So true. :lol:

In all seriousness, if the Anime Network wants to run all 85 episodes of Robotech, they can go ahead and do so, but I think it would have been better if they would have licensed Macross, Mospeadam and Southern Cross instead since those three series are real anime and that getting a wider exposure for those three series would help Animeigo and ADV sell more DVD's.

A tie-in with the upcoming Robotech series sounds like a good possibility since AN is an ADV property and ADV and Harmony Gold have been such buddies these past few years.

i guess i'm a RT loser right?  :o

Nah... your an RT-poo poo!!!

:p

i got your poo-poo right here! :angry::p:lol:

roooobotech to the ressssscue!

btw, did i mention i don't get this channel....as a matter of fact, i don't even have cable. :p for the most part, everything on TV sucks. its either read a book, meet some chicks or find something else to do other than watch bad TV.

Oh no! The lie will continue and currupt millions more. Harmony Gold is a big monster like Wal-Mart and must be stopped! :p

Will it be remastered or not so remastered? They should just cut to the chase and play Mospeada. :p

This will be a good chance for someone who is not a fanboy to catch what they watched as a child without having to buy the DVD's. Maybe it will improve the ratings of the network. Average Not A Fanboy Joe surfs by and says " Hey! I watched that as a kid!" He then tunes in every chance he gets.

If I had to date one of the men in this thread it would be the blowup doll... :p

It all boils down to:

Robotech: English Dub

Mospeada, Southern Cross and that other series: Not dubbed

What? You expected the Anime Network to cater to actual anime fans and not the same market CN Toonami aimed for?

Cyc

roooobotech to the ressssscue!

I remember that phrase. :lol:

I do not get this channel so I will miss it. I have all the Eps on DVD and not worried about it either. I liked Robotech back in the day. I saw it before I found out about Macross. Airing this could have a two-way effect. People become hooked and addicted despite the licensing issue or you have more future HG haters being born.

In some areas it is a part of expanded-cable, usually a premium package. It might be PPV in other markets as well.

Yeah, I think in my area it's a question of them just not having it all the way now.

I have fully blown cable and internet with all the freakin channels, and I don't have the Anime network <_< .

Didn't you used to work for ComCast? I figured some of your old cable buddies would help you out... ;)

By the way, I don't get it either... And I don't really care. I've outgrown the need to watch RT.

I do not get this channel so I will miss it. I have all the Eps on DVD and not worried about it either. I liked Robotech back in the day. I saw it before I found out about Macross. Airing this could have a two-way effect. People become hooked and addicted despite the licensing issue or you have more future HG haters being born.

that's what i was gonna say (or something like it)

Yes it's True. The Anime Network will re-air all 85 episodes of Robotech to corrupt a new generation. :angry:

Linky

Let the complaints commence :D

Is it to late for me to puke? :p:lol:

Edited by gerwalk25

Looks like its going to be the remastered version.

Recently it was announced that Robotech has undergone complete digital remastering, offering near-pristine video, restored and remixed 5.1 stereo audio, and new footage featuring scenes cut from the original broadcast version.

http://www.animeondvd.com/news/pr.php?pr_view=344

eh whatever. I'm done with the RT vs Macross BS. We all know whats better :lol:

Didn't you used to work for ComCast? I figured some of your old cable buddies would help you out... ;)

By the way, I don't get it either... And I don't really care. I've outgrown the need to watch RT.

Yeah, I did, and that really makes stuff suck when my cable goes out, because 9 times out of 10, I know what the problem is, but I don't have the tools to fix it myself anymore!!

It all boils down to:

Robotech: English Dub

Mospeada, Southern Cross and that other series: Not dubbed

What? You expected the Anime Network to cater to actual anime fans and not the same market CN Toonami aimed for?

Cyc

You pretty much hit the nail on the head. I didn't really expect otherwise.

Still, I am dissapointed that a so-called anime network wouldn't show both. It's like celebrating Gigantor and making no mention of Tetsujin 28. Showing both the Americanized version and the uncut originals would please both casual viewers and fans alike.

In all seriousness, I gather it's probably an act of desperation on the part of AN and ADV. From what I've been able to gather (I know some guys that work for the local cable company), the channel hasn't been doing so hot (it could be their preference for ADV material above everything else- didn't know that before, but it makes sense). NO ONE in my area (covers 3 counties of Arkansas) has it, and so far as they know, there is one person in our captial city (Little Rock) who has it, but it also happens to be the richest person in the state, so it stands to reason that when asked what channels he wanted, he simply said "all of them". (that is speculation on my part, but Jennings Osbourne is over 50 years old, and as near as I can tell, his only child is married and living out of the house)

They didn't know about the rest of the state, but Little Rock is our biggest city and probably the only one worth using as a demographic.

I know most of you consider Arkansas a "backwater" state in the union, but if it's doing that bad here, it can't be doing stellar elsewhere.

I think it's great, may even further the fan base in the Macross World , increase popularity with the toy community, causing toy and model prices to drop and increasing varients, who knows?