Hes into toys now, mostly robots  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Hes into toys now, mostly robots

• 3x Yamato 1/60
    • 2x Yamato 1/48
    • Transformers Binaltech # 2 & 3 he already has 1&2
    • Kill Bill figure set
    • loose 1/48 + fastpacs if anybody is selling

Having just been told by Mechamechanic that we shouldn't have too many polls (I believe the Mods don't like to see more than a couple going at a time), I have to say: Was a poll for this really necessary?

H

Is any? :)

Good point.

But this poll is so personally based. . . and almost half the choices aren't even Macross!

In my humble opinion, a poll should be informative to the board members. I could be wrong.

I posted my first poll today after a year or so. . . it is pretty rare that a valid reason to post a poll comes along. :)

Anyways, no skin off my back. But I'd hate for the Max and Milia polls to be deleted because there are too many polls. . . just so this guy's brother can have a vote on what he should buy. :blink:

H

Good point.

But this poll is so personally based. . . and almost half the choices aren't even Macross!

In my humble opinion, a poll should be informative to the board members. I could be wrong.

I posted my first poll today after a year or so. . . it is pretty rare that a valid reason to post a poll comes along. :)

Anyways, no skin off my back. But I'd hate for the Max and Milia polls to be deleted because there are too many polls. . . just so this guy's brother can have a vote on what he should buy. :blink:

H

Maybe he should get a Max or Millia, so he can leave feedback on one of the other polls. ;) Problem solved.

for 200 bucks, get 1 x 1/48 and either BT-03 or -04

Is any? :)

Good point.

H

just relax <_< The MODS can deleat it if they want, what is your complaining going to do?

just relax <_< The MODS can deleat it if they want, what is your complaining going to do?

Like I said, I don't really care. Mechamechanic pointed out and reminded me that we have to be careful about making too many polls. That prompted me to do the same here. Don't be so touchy.

Make sure you post what he eventually buys! Maybe make a poll about how we all feel about it? I mean, if we're making poll about our buying decisions. . . might as well go nuts.

I think I'll make a poll about whether I should buy the Milia 1J, an MP3 player, or groceries this month. That'll excite everyone! :D

H

$200 is about what you'd need for a 1/48 with FAST packs plus shipping. If you were lucky enough to live someplace that has them locally, you'd probably have change left over, unless they were overcharging.

Valkyrie-Exchange has the 1/48th 1Js for about $180 a pop, that's a Valkyrie and FAST packs right there. (Only Super, though, no Strike cannon.) Of course, that's before shipping. I'd probably nab a Hikaru 1J with armour.

Wohoo, a poll I can vote in. I was excluded from two of the other recent polls since I don't own the product.

How old is your brother? Is it looking for something to display or to fiddle with? Is he more into cars or jets?

I picked BT since he already has a couple and presumably likes them. The 3 1/60s are not a bad idea since that is enough to be called a collection. A 1/48 is good for a Macross fan, but may be a bit pricey for a robot fan. The Kill Bill figures are a waste of plastic in my opinion.

If it was easy to get two new 1/48s for $200 I'd have recommended that.

As it's not I said 1 1/48 w/FPs. A new one should be able to be had for right around $200, including shipping.

Just curious: No MPCs on the list? ;)

(not that I disagree - just curious...)

Hey everybody, why no love for the 1/60s?

Well, personally I love the 1/60s and might have recommended them if there were different options on the list.

Like, if the two 1/48s (which really can't be had for $200 unless you get lucky) was: one 1/48 and one 1/60 I might have seen fit to recommend that.

The other issue is the imperfect transformation. Personally, it doesn't bother me, and I'd rather have the closer accuracy to the show in Battloid that the removable legs allow than a large external swing bar like the MPC has.

OTOH if he was only a casual Macross fan I might even recommend something like one or two 1/60s and then spend the money on other stuff. If he's only a casual fan then spending the dough on the 1/48 might not be worth it and that'd allow him to get a Valk and still have lots of money left over for other stuff.

So, given the options you presented, I don't think it makes sense to suggest the 1/60s, but with different options available I'd definitely recommend one to anyone who doesn't mind the removable legs.

Hey everybody, why no love for the 1/60s?

Well, personally I love the 1/60s and might have recommended them if there were different options on the list.

Like, if the two 1/48s (which really can't be had for $200 unless you get lucky) was: one 1/48 and one 1/60 I might have seen fit to recommend that.

The other issue is the imperfect transformation. Personally, it doesn't bother me, and I'd rather have the closer accuracy to the show in Battloid that the removable legs allow than a large external swing bar like the MPC has.

OTOH if he was only a casual Macross fan I might even recommend something like one or two 1/60s and then spend the money on other stuff. If he's only a casual fan then spending the dough on the 1/48 might not be worth it and that'd allow him to get a Valk and still have lots of money left over for other stuff.

So, given the options you presented, I don't think it makes sense to suggest the 1/60s, but with different options available I'd definitely recommend one to anyone who doesn't mind the removable legs.

Yeah, that's true. If he's only a casual fan, he might be better served getting some variety by picking up a couple 1/60's, which I still like in general BTW, and use the rest for some Alternators/Binaltechs. Get the most bang for his buck that way.

1/60's are definately better toys. Better sized (especially with FAST packs)... And you don't have to worry about breaking your backpack off, either.

1/60's are definately better toys. Better sized (especially with FAST packs)... And you don't have to worry about breaking your backpack off, either.

huh? My Max1A backpack broke off from a couple of feet off the ground. Have you seen how thin it gets at one point? :huh: