After 1/48 Millia Super VF-1J...

Toonz

so guys, what's next?

i guess we won't be seeing any 1/48 valks for the next two or three months knowning that the 1/60 GBP (with and without valk), 1/100 VF-0 and a valk stand that are coming up real soon. B))

oh yes, there is also a konig monster....

what then, will the next 1/48 valk be? :unsure:

will there be a CF? or any double seater valk? :ph34r::unsure:

what do the rest think?

I personally think we will see all of them! yamato would be crazy not to finish this series they almost can't afford not to finish it i would think? as for the very next 1/48 I'm thinking CF(fastest release effort,just a repaint) then I'm hoping for 1/48 destroids(will buy them time to solve the 1/48 two seater issue) and then also I think we will see a lot more 1/60 enemy mech/color vari's :D

Man, I hope they come out w/ a 1/48 KAKIZAKI!! But I'll also settle for a VT-1, VE-1 and/or a CF, like CALVIN said, it shouldn't even be that hard to do the latter coz basically it's just gonna be a repaint! One can hope though, right?! ;):D:)

I hope they're still planning to release the GBP Armor in 1:48 scale. Hikaru's VF-1J is starting to look a little naked standing next to the Super VF-1A and Strike VF-1S. :lol:

My dream 1:48? The VF-4 Thunderbolt.

I'd bet on the CF VF-1A coming fairly soon and hopefully a VF-1A Kakizaki. Both should be fairly easy, especially since the existing VF-1A sheet could be used (the pilot names and proper decals are on there) and it would be a simple repaint. Anything beyond that, I have no idea.

The next valk they put out will be a Canon Fodder VF-1A. It's really nothing but a repaint of the other 1A's and it was introduced much sooner in the 1/60 line... twice.

2-seaters will probably come... but my guess is later - there's theoretically still engineering to do there.

And there's always the possibility of a custom limited edition, like the Low Viz.

But if I were gambling, I put all my chips on CF. ;)

by the current trends of yamato's prodcution. I predict that the 1/100's are a last ditch attempt at milking the macross cow before they move on to greener pastures.

2004 will probbaly be th alst year you see yamatos.

PWAH yea right. yamato is known for combining perfect variable ability with bad ass aesthetics and awesome detail. what makes you think they would stop at a small ass 1/100 toy? macross 0 aint even DONE yet and hell yamato is smart they will milk that bitch till its dry. if they can milk the 20 yr old macross DYRL movie with a bunch of toys you can sure as hell bet they will do the exact same to a relatively new macross OVA that aint even finished yet. 1/100 is just a start. last ditch? I really really doubt that. KNowing yamato they are just starting with something that everyone can afford and doing a perfect variable later. they started perfect variable and chances are they will always end up with a perfect variable. for them to come up latey with a koenig monster and a qrau months ago means that the¥ got more in store with macross. crap their VF-0 isnt even out yet and already people think they are done.

yamato done with macross? aint happening.

by the current trends of yamato's prodcution. I predict that the 1/100's are a last ditch attempt at milking the macross cow before they move on to greener pastures.

I think the 1/100 is a new attempt at TWO new licenses (Macross Zero and Macross VFX / VFX2) with better things to come in the future.

Yamato started at 1/72 with Macross Plus, and 1/60 with DYRL followed by the coveted 1/48s. They are back at the drawing board with a YF-19 FP design and I hope after the 1/100 VB-6 and VF-0S, we'll eventually see 1/60 or bigger M:+, M:0 and M:VFX toys just like the 1/48 DYRL line.

There is no reason why they are stopping all Macross development for the future.

My money is on the CF for the next 1/48 too, even thought I want the VF-1D, VT-1 and VE-1!

PWAH yea right. yamato is known for combining perfect variable ability with bad ass aesthetics and awesome detail. what makes you think they would stop at a small ass 1/100 toy? macross 0 aint even DONE yet and hell yamato is smart they will milk that bitch till its dry. if they can milk the 20 yr old macross DYRL movie with a bunch of toys you can sure as hell bet they will do the exact same to a relatively new macross OVA that aint even finished yet. 1/100 is just a start. last ditch? I really really doubt that. KNowing yamato they are just starting with something that everyone can afford and doing a perfect variable later. they started perfect variable and chances are they will always end up with a perfect variable. for them to come up latey with a koenig monster and a qrau months ago means that the¥ got more in store with macross. crap their VF-0 isnt even out yet and already people think they are done.

yamato done with macross? aint happening.

ok. what has yamato relaly doen for macross since the first 1/48. repaints don't count.

yamato is realzing macross is not the "cash cow" it once was. it is a nich player and it wants to expand. They poroved themselves with macross now their going on to more popular titles.

just wait a year. I'll say I told you so and laugh at you when you cry that yamato is not making new macross toys.

There is no reason why they are stopping all Macross development for the future.

EXACTLY. DYrl is 20 yrs old. yamato made a VF-1 that noone thought they would ever make. on a 20 yr old OVA. wih 2 scales 1/60 and 1/48.

macross 0 is relatively new. 1/100 is first release. whos to say they will stop>? Not every fan in japan is a gundam fan. MAcross still has a presence and if they didnt yamato would jsut stop.

2004 will probbaly be  th alst year you see yamatos.

I think the 1/100 is a new attempt at TWO new licenses (Macross Zero and Macross VFX / VFX2) with better things to come in the future.

Yamato started at 1/72 with Macross Plus, and 1/60 with DYRL followed by the coveted 1/48s. They are back at the drawing board with a YF-19 FP design and I hope after the 1/100 VB-6 and VF-0S, we'll eventually see 1/60 or bigger M:+, M:0 and M:VFX toys just like the 1/48 DYRL line.

My money is on the CF for the next 1/48 too, even thought I want the VF-1D, VT-1 and VE-1!

they are follwoing a market trend. macross 0 is their only real viable seller for current macorss fans in japan.

the 1/100s are small and cheap they wil sell quiet well in japan. Once macross zero is over. so will yamato's macross endevours.

you can be a fan boy or prepare yoru self for the end.

If a toy compnay is not breakign new ground with new toys it is loosign intrest in the line, plain and simple.

EXACTLY. DYrl is 20 yrs old. yamato made a VF-1 that noone thought they would ever make. on a 20 yr old OVA. wih 2 scales 1/60 and 1/48.

macross 0 is relatively new. 1/100 is first release. whos to say they will stop>? Not every fan in japan is a gundam fan. MAcross still has a presence and if they didnt yamato would jsut stop.

Macross is going to go the way of the dodo bird next year.

No new anime == no new product.

why did they stat withthe m+ toys. to see if vf1's where feasble. they where at the time. they have flooded the japanese market. you can get macross tuff dirt cheap now

why less really cheap macross toys now? becuae peopel will buy chepa toys. plain and simple. Milk it for the lat drop then dump it. it;s business..

I think this will be the end of the 1/48 line (at least, for the VF-1 series), and that's perfectly fine by me. Go back to a scale I can regularly afford! They have enough items to keep them busy for at least a year, so I don't anticipate hearing anything radically new (this excludes VF-0 variants, which will no doubt be announced by mid to late summer) until at LEAST next january... in which I hope they announce ANOTHER new VF of some sort (4, 17, etc)

If production ceases? I'm gonna laugh while I watch prices SOAR on all Macross Valkyries again.......

Edited by Skull Leader

ok. what has yamato relaly doen for macross since the first 1/48. repaints don't count.

yamato is realzing macross is not the "cash cow" it once was. it is a nich player and it wants to expand. They poroved themselves with macross now their going on to more popular titles.

just wait a year. I'll say I told you so and laugh at you when you cry that yamato is not making new macross toys.

What has yamato done for macross since the first 1/48's?

let's see...

there were the various two seater 1/60s

the 1/60 Q-rau

and there was the second 1/48, and since repaints don't count, the thrid 1/48 (1s and 1j)

the FP editions of the mac plus valks (yes, no yf-19 whine whine whine)

and coming down the pipe:

the 1/100 VF-0

that variable monster

the yf-19fp

the GBP armour

plus the fact that macross zero hasn't even run it's full course yet.

Is this the new yamato is evil and mean argument?

I'm sure eventually yamato will stop producing macross toys, but really, within a year? By next year even? not likely.

Besides, you got it wrong, yamato started with more popular licenses and moved into doing high end stuff for macross.

right on eugimon. Lets see......ye the VF-1D. bandai didnt make one. Bam there goes one in the history books. Qrau toy...noone made a toy of the qrau before...another for the history books. lets look at a possible release list.

by end of this year I bet only a few more 1/48s will be released. maaybe a low viz VF-1J, cannon fodder and something else.

At least one qrau repaint.

OH yea. 1/100 VF-0S/D/A

SV-51/52.

YF19FP. perhaps by x mas perfect variable macross 0 toys. that would lead us into next year. it would be foolish to think macross for yamato would end this year. Good business is milking for profit. not selling a small toy ONLY and ditching the licenses when you can makea perfect variable later on that everyone will like. i dont get why you people think yamato would stop at a non perfect variable toy. This is yamato we are talking about here. again KNOWN for perfect variability. MIlking for the last drop dont mean settling for some small ass toy. If I were in yamato id let loose this toy to let the fans build up a line that is affordable and give them some big as perfect variable later on for the fans who can afford and want something bigger and better. kind of lke the 1/60 and 1/48, only i belive with yamato this time around they want the smaller scale to be more affordable.

Oh and no matter what stuff resurfaces after a drought. I;m sure noone thought yamato would EVER come up with a VF-1 toy until after suspicions arose when the macross plus toys were announced. if we go by your theory of preparing for the end then we should have bought all of transformers g1 and all the takatokus and never once think in our minds that better things would come later.

and just how do you know the 1/100 will sell well in japan? have you not read the comments imode translated from their BBS'? They are more anal then we are! oh well.

and i think we are all unaninimous in believing there will be a perfect variable mnacross 0 line later on. oh and a bunch of japanese high detail robot toys aint cheap yet they are bought up in frenzies. some of the SOC's and 1/48s and binaltech transformers come to mind. so would the japanese buy a perfect variable VF-0 or SV-51? common sense

OF COURSE

The next valk they put out will be a Canon Fodder VF-1A.

2-seaters will probably come... but my guess is later - there's theoretically still engineering to do there.

And there's always the possibility of a custom limited edition, like the Low Viz.

I hope you're right in both instances! Of course, I'm the guy that wants a two-seater low vis. Oh well, I can want.

EXACTLY.  DYrl is 20 yrs old. yamato made a VF-1 that noone thought they would ever make.  on a 20 yr old OVA.  wih 2 scales 1/60 and 1/48.

macross 0 is relatively new.  1/100 is first release.  whos to say they will stop>?  Not every fan in japan is a gundam fan.  MAcross still has a presence and if they didnt yamato would jsut stop.

Macross is going to go the way of the dodo bird next year.

No new anime == no new product.

From the Masterpiece Ultra Magnus thread in Other.....

then what do you call the alpha MPC and superposeables?  OLD?  anime doesnt always sell toys.  cartoons anime whichever.  like i said RID the anime sucked but the toys ruled.  the same could be said for some of beast wars neo and beast wars 2.  toys dont need a cartoon to back them up.  this is definitely true with RID. car robots whichever.

No new product == no new anime.

new toys of an old anime only sell to nostalgia groups.

Alright, you're confusing me....

Which one is it?

No new product == No new anime

- or -

No new anime == no new product?

I think you got a chicken and egg problem here with your equation, nothing would ever get made!!!

Edited by soze

What has yamato done for macross since the first 1/48's?

let's see...

there were the various two seater 1/60s

minor resulpt. 2 years old now. or so.

the 1/60 Q-rau

very easy to make. Nothign ground breaking.

and there was the second 1/48, and since rep

aints don't count, the thrid 1/48 (1s and 1j)

all are varients. the tv fastpacs only have a few minor resculpts.

the FP editions of the mac plus valks (yes, no yf-19 whine whine whine)

and coming down the pipe:

a year or so old.

the 1/100 VF-0

that variable monster

the yf-19fp

the GBP armour

I doubt the fp ver will be out. vaporware. the sculpts of the m+ kits where all rips of existign models anywyas. the gbp will be the demise of the 1./60 line mor ethen likely.

plus the fact that macross zero hasn't even run it's full course yet.

Is this the new yamato is evil and mean argument?

I'm sure eventually yamato will stop producing macross toys, but really, within a year? By next year even? not likely.

it wil end this year. when a toy compnay shifts form expensive toys to a cheap alternative for a franchise it mean it is winding down.

Besides, you got it wrong, yamato started with more popular licenses and moved into doing high end stuff for macross.

i coudl be wrong but the signs are there.

Alright, you're confusing me....

Which one is it? 

- or -

No new anime == no new product?

I think you got a chicken and egg problem here with your equation, nothing would ever get made!!!

meant that they did nto have anythign new to make. same old same old. being supported by same anime which was not on tv. hence no new product == no new anime.

No new anime == no new product is pretty self explanitory. No new macross anime is no more new valkyries being sold as the momentom will die out once zero ends.

all product sgo in trends. while peopel anticipate zero it will sell more macross stuff once zero is DONE and no new macross show is coming out. macross will fade again.

I think with Macross Zero, the product line will change as well as the pricepoint of the majority of items, however I Yamato has an exclusive liscence for Macross, even with smaller production runs they will hang in there... We all know there is more Macross to come even after Zero.

im with blaine! koenig monster wasnt in an anime only in a game yet yamato is making one. if they make a VF-9 we get another valk that wasnt in an anime and got made.

those would be new product with no anime to suppport them.

yamato aint stupid. as long as they get your money thats what matter.s why stop at a small VF-0

you dont; seem to undrestand that a franchise can support related products without the related products havign their own anime.

uh no i thought you were under that impression. I already knew that.

ok. then why the hell are you still insisiting that a toy inside a heavliy marketed and anime supported franchise which does not have it's own anime can sell without the franchise and the franchises anime. your contradicting yourself.