Official Gundam Plamodel Thread

Yeah Dude! Lookin nice. Keep the pics comin. You should put some blast hits on that fin. Just kidding. :)

354289[/snapback]

thanks i usually like my gundams clean and not battle worn, by the way have you been working on anything new? i have not seen anything new from you in a while, i remember you were working on the strike gundam last.

no you should be alright.

take your time and read the instruction carefully to get the idea what's the best way in terms of painting - and sading if you like to get rid of all the seam lines... - before completing each block...

I overdid mine and I will probably do another PG RX-78-2 in TV anime look in near future when I get another PG Gundam kit for cheap... (fingers crossed)

Hi guys. Can someone tell what this is?

1135056107048.jpg

Is it a real airbrush, or some kinda compact cheap kind that doesn't require the compressor? I am a novice modeller and dun intend to spend too expensive equipment until i am comfortable with the methods. Is this Mr Hobby thing good enough for starters?

Air brush require air/pressure to push the paint out , compresors generate the needed air/pressure. The Kit in your pic gives you a CAN of compress air so you don't needed a compressor to generate the needed air, but once that CAN is empty you will need to get another one (pricey) or hook your airbrush to a compressor.

Hr.hobby isn't really cheap, so for a starter kit it wouldn't be that bad,, but how much does this kit cost? How much are you planing to spend?. For a starter kit you can go on ebay and get cheaper stuff like this for example:

Similar Airbrush kit

Airbrush ckit with compressor , pretty cheap

Edited by F360°

Hi guys. Can someone tell what this is?

1135056107048.jpg

Is it a real airbrush, or some kinda compact cheap kind that doesn't require the compressor? I am a novice modeller and dun intend to spend too expensive equipment until i am comfortable with the methods. Is this Mr Hobby thing good enough for starters?

354341[/snapback]

Seriously, it's worth spending the bucks on a good airbrush kit. A good brush lasts FOREVER (10+ years), and costs maybe 1.5 -> 2x as much as a cheap one. The compressor adds hefty amount to the price, but again, its worth it.

Air cans are ridiculously expensive, and make airbrushing a GIANT pain. You have to play stupid tricks to keep them warm, and when they run out of air your brush will start to sputter paint.

I guess my point is that it's just not worth it to go cheap on an airbrush. You're going to end up being frustrated and hating it, or shelling out the bucks for the real kit.

I'd also recommend purchasing an air compressor. Even though the cans are cheaper, in the end, you'll spend about the more for cans as opposed to using a compressor.

Mr. Hobby is not cheap judging by the prices on ebay. The ones listed in F360°'s post are decent and are a much better bargain than Mr. Hobby. Granted Mr. Hobby is probably better than those bargin airbrushes, but $120+ for an airbrush is an investment for an airbrush.

Edited by azrael

I have that brush(from the ebay auction)(well 2 of those brushes) and a dual action brush + that very same compressor. The single action doesnt look like much, but airbrush city useually has them on sale for $15. and they work well for priming kits and as a general single action airbrush. ive liked mine so far. i just wish i had more time to paint. the compressor is good, but use thew direct hook up hose, instead of the extension for better air pressure.

THanks for the info guys. Appreciate it. :)

Airbrush with compressor huh....sigh... and i gotta get a proper room with ventilation as well. So much hassle to start painting models.

it is from the Advance of Z series, it was mainly books and stuff that they made, but the designs have beome very popular, there is a nice 1/72 G-system kit of it out.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

MAHQ has no info text for the Hazel. I'd really like to know abit more about it. The color scheme makes it look like a Nu. It has funky extra hands to hold beam rifles on its thigh armour.....and it can hold a shield in each hand and one on its back pack....the shields act as rocket boosters or something. Interesting.....?\

EDIT: Oh and i'm not sure if this is a custom or it really appeared in Advance Z. But looks excessive. :lol:

1135226408776.jpg

Edited by wolfx

Airbrush with compressor huh....sigh... and i gotta get a proper room with ventilation as well. So much hassle to start painting models.

354484[/snapback]

If you are gonna spray with enamels, then yes, you need proper ventilation. If you spray with acrylics, semi-ventilated is okay, if you use a water solution (water + Windex or other medium) or rubbing alchohol. The joy with acrylics is you don't need paint thinner to thin it out. You can use some less toxic thinners

Yeah Dude! Lookin nice. Keep the pics comin. You should put some blast hits on that fin. Just kidding. :)

354289[/snapback]

thanks i usually like my gundams clean and not battle worn, by the way have you been working on anything new? i have not seen anything new from you in a while, i remember you were working on the strike gundam last.

354294[/snapback]

I've put that Gundam on the shelf for now. I've gotten into RC Helicopters. But it won't be long.... the itch is itching. I want to finish up that Strike and start on 1/60 Gouf. Every time I see that Gouf box I see a "decommision" Mech just sitting out in rain for years. Dave

A member over at CoM has found lotsa pics of the Zeta ver 2.0:

Box and runners:

http://ruliweb2.dreamwiz.com/ruliboard/rea...xt=&left=&time=

MS:

Waverider:

....and nice Marasai zeo!

:D

maybe you might want to restart collecting now? here it is in its full glory, the only thing i do not like is the hands.

chris

post-1669-1135388268_thumb.jpg

post-1669-1135388311_thumb.jpg

Edited by zeo-mare

That Akatsuki is sweet. Absolutely.

Hey Bandai, a PG on that is a must. As with the Freedom, Strike Freedom, Justice and Inifinite Justice.

Or at least MG. Please. :(

354767[/snapback]

i would love a MG or a Cosmic Region Gundam Fix one.

chris

I think I need to go and get some chrome paint. Gonna need to file down the V-fin and rabbit ears as well. Seriously....I want a 1/100 Akatsuki. HG or MG. I don't care. And I want both packs as well.

I am waiting for the Perfect Grade Winged Zero to be up for sale. I saw one about 3 years ago, and it cost 200 bucks!!!

Darn....should have bought it then. :(

I do find it odd that there aren't many Gundam Perfect Grade Models available; would be nice to get the Deathschythe, Winged Zero, Nataku, Justice, Impulse and Freedom in Perfect Grade kits.

Edited by Arbalest

Well PG's take alot of time to produce, its alot of detail and mechanics and planning and redesigning.

Plus you gotta take into consideration, kits that sell the most. While Wing models are popular, you'll find more fans of the series buying Wing, Zero and Epyon cause they were the most powerful.

For Seed, Strike and Freedom.

Alright... I've had my Xmas GM for about 20 minutes and I'm prepping it for painting... got a question tho. I IDed the extra handles for a ladder for the pilot, but I can't figure out what the little square venty things and triangle things are supposed to be for the extra detail bits... anyone got any clues?

Alright... I've had my Xmas GM for about 20 minutes and I'm prepping it for painting... got a question tho.  I IDed the extra handles for a ladder for the pilot, but I can't figure out what the little square venty things and triangle things are supposed to be for the extra detail bits... anyone got any clues?

355010[/snapback]

They're purely optional add on bits. If I recall correctly, the square ones are vents of some sort, and the triangle ones are thingies of some sort. Also the ladder handle bits are also optional.

well here are some in-prog shots...

think this looks the most dramatic... :lol:

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/527/p10507428ab.jpg

I got the idea while browsing some site and one of them had the series of composite diorama and one of them was Goof holding down GM by its head with the sword high on air just about to struck with it...

well after sveral test think this is the best position...

RX-78-2 is holding Zaku down by knee and raising beam saber to struck its head... after fearce battle where both sides received a lot of damages - Gundam is missing right arm and much of armour on its legs while Zaku lost its right leg and much of armour on the left leg plus its right arm has been but off...

started on x-mas eve (yea missus and kid are away for holiday with me being home keeper... :( ) but after done some pre-assembly haven't had time to do anything further atm...

still a lot to cover - further mod on models and redoning the base (wasn't happy with dinky base I made on CD jewel case) and etc. and that's before even starting seam line fixing and painting... :cry:

[EDIT]

http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/7292/p10507446st.jpg

still haven't decided how far the Zaku's left leg should be - cut off at the knee or bit longer...? Also its left arm - cut off at the elbow...?

[EDIT]another variation of pose...

what do you think?

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/3629/p10507467hd.jpg

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/8506/p10507477oj.jpg

Edited by dj898

*oy havn't posted here in ages*

looking sweet dj898!!!

I'll be looking forward to seeing this all completed.

Mark