Official Gundam Plamodel Thread

Everytime I look at any of the current S-Freedom models...I find something wrong with it. Heck, I'm gonna modify my HG 1/100 S Freedom with parts from my HG 1/100 Freedom....

The only interpretation of S-Freedom I can even partially agree with is this guy's (I'm not happy with his wing proportions though, only the main body)

http://f7.aaa.livedoor.jp/~mesarion/gallery/sf1/sf1.htm

The only interpretation of S-Freedom I can even partially agree with is this guy's (I'm not happy with his wing proportions though, only the main body)

http://f7.aaa.livedoor.jp/~mesarion/gallery/sf1/sf1.htm

348794[/snapback]

whoa the one in that link looks awesome, i agree with your comment about the wing proportions though... I will be sure to take pics of mine when completed...

Edited by vfxraven19

From Gunota

HGUC Pallas Athena

From HOBBY SEARCH, coming out on Feb priced at 1890 yen.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

according to Hobby Link japan there is also a 3 pack Dom set HGUC coming out most likely the tristars. i am happy about the Pallas Athene i saw that as well, but i am a little worried I was about to pick up the B-club version which looks nice but i might wait to see the HGUC version. they have it labeled as around$17.00 which worries me because i thought the mech was on the bigger side so it seems like it should be more.

chris

I haven't really posted pictures of the Zaku I got from Amazon back when it was cheap cheap cheap. I'm sort of miffed off, well now I'm really miffed off of the fact that I somehow misplaced and more than likely never will recover the coil that goes around the head unit. Without that the Zaku looks really damn hidious...if anyone knows where you can get a replacement or something please lemme know so I can look into it.

But here are the pictures I just recently took of the Zaku and even standing next to Strike, which was shocking enough to see how similar in size they really were.

IM000251.jpg

Also I'm debating if I can't find a replacement coil for the head, to just take all the armor off and just have it pose as an Exo skeleton.

Edited by Hikuro

try Hobby Link Japan, both Bandai and Kotobukiya have upgrade option kits that include little details and stuff like this.

chris

Hmmmmmmmm i'd diffenetly paint it, for the cost you'd figure it'd have a good array of detail to it.....but alot of those flashy highgrades need work.....I remember how much my Strike took...second one came out MUCH nicer than the first.

nice looking if i get it i will definetly paint it. i will probably get rid of most the yellow light up parts and paint them gold, i might just keep the eyes.

chris

I just noticed, the hands, they're 1/144 like single molded plastic, they don't move like the normal 1/60 HG's.......that sucks nads.

350198[/snapback]

It also comes with a pair of PG like articulated hands. Nads need not be sucked :D

Nads not included in this wonderful piece of modeling art..............................that was a joke.

I'm glad it comes with PG like hands, all 1/60's should include it. Personally I think all 1/100 MG's should.

It depresses me that I can't buy a new Gundam model anymore :( but when I think about it.......where the hell would I put it?

I think I need to start weeding out the patheticly done models so I can have room for new ones in the future.

I mean.......my PG Strike and ZAKU sit on top of my printer............how sad is that?

I lost the 'V' of my Aegis during a room cleanup :(

The Strike Freedom comes with 2 pairs of hands, closed fisted (for holding the guns, which are a bit too heavy for the articulated ones), and of course articulated ones. The guns should have had the support plastic (like that found on the 1/60 Big Scale Strike/Striker Weapon system beam rifle) so the articulated hands can equip the SF beam rifles...

Prices down again at Amazon:

PG Gundam - $74.98

MG Gundam, Kampfer, and GM - $9.97/9.98

MG GP01Fb and RX-79G - $7.48

:D

350275[/snapback]

:( It's like a little death whenever I see the super-duper sales get posted.. Damn Amazon for not shipping toys internationally.

It depresses me that I can't buy a new Gundam model anymore :( but when I think about it.......where the hell would I put it?

You'll find a job, don't worry...

I think I need to start weeding out the patheticly done models so I can have room for new ones in the future.

There's a Mk II ver. 2 with your name on it and it's calling you... :D

I mean.......my PG Strike and ZAKU sit on top of my printer............how sad is that?

350262[/snapback]

It could be a lot worst.

Jeez those MG prices are tempting...But I must save for my Rebel XT....

lol that's true, I could scrap my current MKII for one of the new ones. And than get rid of my C1 for an actual Zeta.

Lemme see..........I think I'd get rid of my pathetic Zaku.....wait I think that's gone......Shining Gundam, I just don't like how it came out.......too dark. My 1.5 Gundam, and maybe my GP-01Fb, I did that a few years ago and thought "Damn this thing sucks"......torso keeps poping off if I touch it.

Box up my 1/60 Impulse cause its partial broken from falling down the shelf alot.....bad balance, get rid of my really bad 1/100 Blaze zaku I painted using 4 different colors that just didn't dry well.

Hmmmmmm, maybe that 1/144 ZAKU that I just don't like.........and find a nicer location for my 1/144 METEOR......also at some point need to get the AILE pack so I can get a nice stand for my PG Strike.

Maybe box up my PG Zaku as well......its finished for now.

I went ahead and ordered a GM from the Amazon sale a few days ago. On Friday I then decided to take advantage of BBTS's sale and ordered a Master Grade Ball ver. Ka and a MSiA The-O.

I'll decided I wouldn't mind having the 0079 EF grunt pair.

The 3 PG's have put a serious dent in my case. I have to rearrange the shelves some more and hopefully I'll have space to leave for the eventual Methuss and Dijeh.

I noticed this when I was building my OYW Gundam and MG GM...

If you take the entire body of the Gundam, repaint it and do very little moding and just put the end of a GM on there, it's a redo of a MG fully articulate GM mobile suit.

I thought that was pretty cool honestly.

I wouldn't mindn actually building something like that in the future.

Okay, while I'm gonna buy them, I've still gott ask...why are the MG kits on Amazon so cheaper? I'm gonna be getting my first MG kits, and for the price I can't really complain even if I screw them up, but it still seems odd that they would be THIS cheap...

probably because it only costs 3 bucks to make 'em :p

I couldn't really say why they price 'em so low. It could be because BandaiUSA dropped selling the Gundam line of toys........or.......it could be because they sell so many that they can knock the price down.

There isn't anything wrong with what your buying seeing as I've bought nearly every gundam they have on their list from them.

The MG Nemo is up on pre-order on HLJ. According to them, it's going to be out in February. Excellent. By then, my massive Christmas credit card bills will be paid off, and the wallet will be reloaded!

Now, if only somebody at Bandai could convince the right people that ditching the dry transfers and stickers in favor of wetslides would be a great idea...

I agree. Stickers suck. Thing is, I wonder if the majority of people who buy teh kits are kiddies who snap them together and throw stickers on and play with them, or model kits makers who hardcore them and repaint and everything... maybe they should just include both stickers and waterslides. Dry transfers are still okay in my book, I'm a pretty big fan of them actually...

Now for speciifcs, I'm getting a RX-78 GM (still need the snoper model for all of the extra weapons) and two RX-79s (08th MS Team version).... are there any problems I need to watch out for? Everything I've read says that while the 78 is an older and slightly simpler kit, it still works fine. I'm gonna end up ahving a whole bunch of these models and a wad of Zeeks bc/ I want to make the 8th MS Team, my own MS team, and a kill team of Zeeks with support.... so are there any kits I should avoid like the plague?

I agree.  Stickers suck.  Thing is, I wonder if the majority of people who buy teh kits are kiddies who snap them together and throw stickers on and play with them, or model kits makers who hardcore them and repaint and everything... maybe they should just include both stickers and waterslides.  Dry transfers are still okay in my book, I'm a pretty big fan of them actually...

Now for speciifcs, I'm getting a RX-78 GM (still need the snoper model for all of the extra weapons) and two RX-79s (08th MS Team version).... are there any problems I need to watch out for?  Everything I've read says that while the 78 is an older and slightly simpler kit, it still works fine.  I'm gonna end up ahving a whole bunch of these models and a wad of Zeeks bc/ I want to make the 8th MS Team, my own MS team, and a kill team of Zeeks with support.... so are there any kits I should avoid like the plague?

351689[/snapback]

Are these all going to be MG, or the 1:144 kits (both High Grade UC and various series specific kits)?

I've got the MG GM, it's not bad, but it definatley has some "old-school" styling and elements. Seams a-plenty, so load up the putty.

The first GM master grade is one of the first Master Grades to exist I think. They should change the mold into something nicer.

Same thing with that MG Gundam they got listed, it's the 1.5 and its nearly the exact molding as the GM.

Personally I find getting the OYW Gundam is so much better, more detail, great stiff joints to mess around with, the works.