Bubblegum Crisis Remaster is on the way

Anubis

Fron Animeigo's website:

AnimEigo has temporarily discontinued sales of Bubblegum Crisis DVD while we prepare a new edition of this classic Anime OVA series.

We hope to have BGC back on the market soon in new packaging, featuring an updated video transfer and possibly some extra goodies as well.

Good news at last.

Are we talking about the original series here, or the one which came out a few years ago?

I think someone brought it up before but I for one can't wait.

I believe it's the original series from ArtMic.

I just got the B-Club Book from rnurmin and it has refueled my interest in seeing it again with the extras.

Are we talking about the original series here, or the one which came out a few years ago?

I think someone brought it up before but I for one can't wait.

I believe it's the original series from ArtMic.

I just got the B-Club Book from rnurmin and it has refueled my interest in seeing it again with the extras.

Maybe for extras they went back and animated the last 5 planned episodes? I can always hope. :unsure:

It is the original. ADV has the rights to the new, craptacular series.

Oh SWEET. For a long time now, I've wanted to see the ORIGINAL Bubblegum Crisis all over again. I just can't seem to find it in my area, and I haven't even had any luck via eBay. So this is VERY good news to me! Thanks for the heads up!

*singing to self* "Konya wa hurricane... moo ichido hurricane...* :lol:

Does anyone know of any books, scans, models, or other images of the Motoslave from the original OVA series? Detail type stuff like how it transforms, etc...I'm looking to possably attempt a scratch build.

Both books I mentioned earlier has plenty lineart for your project. The B-Club book is simply incredible. I saw a scratchbuilt model on pg. 82 that looks like it transforms and looks perfect. I IM'd yellowlightman right away to see if he's seen it before. Man, there's a holy grail if there ever was one! If my scanner was working I would post it. Maybe someone reading this could do you the favor. Actually let me take a pic...

This is excellent news! I'm on a big BGC kick right now, having recently rekindled my love for this classic series. Frankly, I'm ready to sell off my current hot pink (what were they thinking?!) eyesore of a boxset and replace it with a freshly remastered/repackaged version. Compared to the SDF Macross DVDs, the original BGC set did not get the royal treatment it deserved (yeah, I know, M2K rather than Animeigo is to blame, but still...I expected better).

My first love will always be Macross, but Bubblegum Crisis is very high up on my list of anime greats. The series is a true classic in every way. Hey Yamato! THIS is the next series you should be designing toys for!

Oh, and speaking of Animeigo... has anyone heard any mention of a future DVD release of the original AD Police OVAs? I know they released the Bubblegum Crash! series in one dvd ("Total Crash Collection"...and besides the content being sub-par, the horrible timing of the subtitles on episode 3 leaves much to be desired...I prefer my old VHS). Hopefully, the AD Police will see the light of day again...with a proper dvd release.

OH! I just remembered...last year at the Big Apple Anime Fest (I didn't attend...just read the website), there was a screening of a new(ish) series called Parasite Dolls, which apparently takes place in the continuity of the original BGC, circa 2034?! :blink: Has anyone seen this series? Good? Bad? How does it relate to the classic OVAs? :huh:

Does anyone know of any books, scans, models, or other images of the Motoslave from the original OVA series? Detail type stuff like how it transforms, etc...I'm looking to possably attempt a scratch build.

Both books I mentioned earlier has plenty lineart for your project. The B-Club book is simply incredible. I saw a scratchbuilt model on pg. 82 that looks like it transforms and looks perfect. I IM'd yellowlightman right away to see if he's seen it before. Man, there's a holy grail if there ever was one! If my scanner was working I would post it. Maybe someone reading this could do you the favor. Actually let me take a pic...

I use to hangout at alt.fan.bgcrisis several years ago. For the benefit of us less fortunate, a guy there sacrificed both is B-Club Crisis and Crash books and scanned EVERY page, including the flaps and spines! Anyways, he made a bunch of CDs and all we had to pay was for shipping.

MSW: I have high res scans (2450x3450, 2.5-3MB) of the motoslave line art. PM me if you want them.

This is the CD cover I made for the homemade Digital B-Club. The left side is the inside insert, the right is the front cover. (note: resolution is reduced for this post)

post-26-1080648860_thumb.jpg

I got my B-Club on Ebay and paid a mint for it too..........also the Crash book. It is a truly an amazing book. And I am looking forward to seeing the remastered version.

Crasis - is the Total Crash Collection really that bad?

Whoah, cool stuff EXO :) .... J A Dare, PM sent :D

I've always loved BGC, one of my all time favorite anime :lol:

Always wondered why no toys, or even Bandai like kits from this series were produced...even some microman like figures of the powersuits would have been nice :rolleyes: ... guess we gotta make our own :p

DAMN YOU EXO!!!

MUST...HAVE...B-CLUB...BGC...BOOK!!! :D

Dude, get it! If not, get that CD JADare was talking about.

Always wondered why no toys, or even Bandai like kits from this series were produced...even some microman like figures of the powersuits would have been nice  ... guess we gotta make our own 

The licenses for the Artmic property was in limbo for a long time. There was someone here doing a kitbash Priss hardsuit from one of those SOC Mazinger female robots. I guess we do have to make out own! <_<:D

Edited by >EXO<

I use to hangout at alt.fan.bgcrisis several years ago.  For the benefit of us less fortunate, a guy there sacrificed both is B-Club Crisis and Crash books and scanned EVERY page, including the flaps and spines!  Anyways, he made a bunch of CDs and all we had to pay was for shipping.

I had forgotten someone did that, I used to hang out (well, lurk) on alt.fan.bgcrisis a while back as well. Methinks you might be getting a few requests for copies of that CD. :)

OH! I just remembered...last year at the Big Apple Anime Fest (I didn't attend...just read the website), there was a screening of a new(ish) series called Parasite Dolls, which apparently takes place in the continuity of the original BGC, circa 2034?!  Has anyone seen this series? Good? Bad? How does it relate to the classic OVAs?

Parasite Dolls sounds vaquely familiar. I did a google search and found this: http://www.aicanime.com/products/parasitedolls/index.html, looks like it's a pretty new series that just came out last year in Japan.

I'm curious as to whether it's actually part of the original series continuity. Between BGC 2040 and the new AD Police series, it seems like IC is pretty happy just churning out series "influenced" by BGC but not directly relating to the original series.

As for the DVD remaster, I have the second (pink) boxed set... what's wrong with it? I've had people tell me there were problems with it but I've never encountered them myself. However, I'd be glad to buy a newer boxed set if it meant I didn't have to have a bright pink and silver box sitting on my shelf. :blink:

Edited by yellowlightman

I use to hangout at alt.fan.bgcrisis several years ago.  For the benefit of us less fortunate, a guy there sacrificed both is B-Club Crisis and Crash books and scanned EVERY page, including the flaps and spines!  Anyways, he made a bunch of CDs and all we had to pay was for shipping.

I had forgotten someone did that, I used to hang out (well, lurk) on alt.fan.bgcrisis a while back as well. Methinks you might be getting a few requests for copies of that CD. :)

Well, if I had a CD burner, I'd be more than happy to make copies for folks. Or, do you happen to have about 511MB of free space on your website for BGC loving? :p

BTW, I wasn't really an active member either, more of a lurker. Probably only posted like 5 or 6 times. But certainly took that opportunity for the b-clubs. :)

Crasis - is the Total Crash Collection really that bad?

Capt Hungry -- I was definitely not thrilled with the Total Crash Collection DVD...once I got to episode 3, that is. I noticed early on in that episode that the subs would just suddenly appear moments before characters would actually speak; rarely synching up to the current dialogue. This is most noticeable during sudden outbursts/utterances, such as "WHAT THE...?!".

Example: No one on screen is speaking when the subs for "WHAT!?" appear on screen. The words disappear just as Priss actually makes the exclamation. Linna will be talking when Sylia's next line is translated a second too early, causing confusion as to who is saying what. As you watch, it seems the show is moving too slow to catch up to the dialogue. I imagine this could be even more confusing to those who are unfamiliar with the series.

Don't get me wrong, the concept of having all three Crash eps on one DVD is fantastic, and the transfer is not bad at all...I just wasn't thrilled with how the subs turned out for the final episode. And no, I refuse to watch the horrid dub instead.

:(

[i'm curious as to whether it's actually part of the original series continuity. Between BGC 2040 and the new AD Police series, it seems like IC is pretty happy just churning out series "influenced" by BGC but not directly relating to the original series.

I'd hazard a guess that the writers are playing fast and loose with the continuity again. You might hear about the Knight Sabers, and maybe even meet a few characters (Leon is mentioned by name in one section, so he's a possibility), and they might even look like the original characters drawn in a newer animation style, but the setting itself seems to have a few key differences.

1.) It mentions that "Dr. Quincy" is the one who invented the bioroids. afaik, in both old and new BGC, bioroids were invented by Dr. Stingray, and even if credit for the invention were stolen (which may have happened in the original series), I don't think it was ever claimed that Quincy himself invented them. Nor did he have a "Dr." attached to his name. It doesn't mean it isn't possible. Its just that there's never been a suggestion of it to date.

2.) The information on the site seems to suggest at least some bioroids have managed to achieve full integration into human society in a manner similar to the Thirds in Armitage, and that the powers that be (dunno about the public in general, though) are aware of this integration, and have constructed a police unit specifically to deal with crimes committed by these types of bioroids. iirc, the 5th and 6th episodes of BGC strongly suggest that this is not the situation in that series.

Of course, due to translational issues, its possible that "problems" are merely the result of a bad translation. Particularly with #2, I can see a few key areas that would provide for a meaning more in line with BGC 2032 if phrased slightly differently.

:blink: thanks for the AWSOME images JA Dare :D

I've had a little time to doodle up some rough motoslave parts breakdowns starting with the Typhoon II with the idea of makeing it look closer to the image below (the offical lineart differs a bit, especialy in the shape of the lower legs)...and I'll prolly model up somthing of a combination of the various motoslave versions (if I don't go crazy first from all the various joints and parts involved :rolleyes: )

The Typhoon II, according to the lineart JA Dare sent me does transform into a fairly big bike...and it's rather angular design makes it easyer to model (plus in bot mode it just looks cool to me...prolly my favorite motoslave version :lol: ) ... but I'll likely have to change around some details to make it work :p ...

according to the lineart sent to me, Priss isn't to scale exactly in this image...altho the motoslave is larger then previous versions..

post-26-1080899685.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

From AnimeonDVD.com

Thursday, April 15th 2004

AnimEigo Set to do AD Police (11:00 PM EST): With their sale helping to clear out their inventory, the folks at AnimEigo stated on their site earlier this week that they're intent on getting the AD Police OVA series off of the old VHS format and onto DVD by years end. Current production plans include all 3 files with subtitles and English Dub, as well as some bonus material all compacted to a single DVD.

Fricken finially!

Edited by Myriad

From AnimeonDVD.com

Thursday, April 15th 2004

AnimEigo Set to do AD Police (11:00 PM EST): With their sale helping to clear out their inventory, the folks at AnimEigo stated on their site earlier this week that they're intent on getting the AD Police OVA series off of the old VHS format and onto DVD by years end. Current production plans include all 3 files with subtitles and English Dub, as well as some bonus material all compacted to a single DVD.

Fricken finially!

About time! I need medicine! :p Thing is, Manga have the rights to the AD Police OVA's here in the UK and they have a release ready for the 5/24/04. Dunno if I should wait for the animeigo release at the end of the year or not. :(

Edited by wakobi