Yammie Koenig Monster proto Rumor

warrhead

is it just meh, or does that IHP look more badass than the SHE?

I must say yamato neva fails to impresse me, they really are a true blessing to all of us.

thxns graham for the house comment, that really made my day :)

oh, and let me be the first to day it

1/48 please!!!!!!

:p:D;)

:blink:

1/48? Geez I guess you really need a coffee table stand! :lol:

if you really want to see the heat build up, mention perfect transformation and 1/55 vs 1/60 thread from 3 years back LOL. People think we are tense now, they aint seen NOTHIN! Hell people started flaming graham for his chunky monkey review as well! we were WAY more tense back then!

I remember those days Shin! :lol:

And I sure remember when Graham was flammed and told his chunky monkey review was biased!!

if you really want to see the heat build up, mention perfect transformation and 1/55 vs 1/60 thread from 3 years back LOL.  People think we are tense now, they aint seen NOTHIN! Hell people started flaming graham for his chunky monkey review as well! we were WAY more tense back then!

I remember those days Shin! :lol:

And I sure remember when Graham was flammed and told his chunky monkey review was biased!!

Looking back on things now, if I had to do it again, I'd probably write that review differently :lol:

Graham

Hello,

Yeah, that was an interesting discussion, but it was not (3) years ago. :unsure:

Maybe a year or something like that, but (3) years would be March 2001, and no one had an idea Bandai would even reissue anything.

I remember my first e-mail to Graham where he advised me not to spend my money on the expensive Takatoku valkyries, because something better was coming.

Little did I know that he was referring to Yamato.

Going even further back, I remember reading about the failed effort where I think it was Steve Yun split off, and Yamato went their own way, and the US was left out. I think Kevin at Valkyrie-Exchange had a whole write up describing how the fall out happened, but that is for us old school MW members/lurkers to recall. This of course all pre-dates the Toyfair "Sunwards(?)" affair.

Sincerely,

Christopher

In case Yamato cares, here's a few humble suggestions for the (upcomming?) Konig Monster, from a true fan.

I think this two models provide a good glance at the design problems that the sculptors would have to face with this baby. If anybody holds a different opinion on this matter please feel free to cast the stone, maybe we all can make the perfect monster! ^_^

The good pionts are marked green, the flaws red.

post-4-1080704691_thumb.jpg

Hello,

Yeah, that was an interesting discussion, but it was not (3) years ago. :unsure:

Maybe a year or something like that, but (3) years would be March 2001, and no one had an idea Bandai would even reissue anything.

I just checked and my review of the Bandai 1/55 VF-1J Hikaru re-issue was published on Macrossworld on December 30th 2001.

Graham

Going even further back, I remember reading about the failed effort where I think it was Steve Yun split off, and Yamato went their own way, and the US was left out. I think Kevin at Valkyrie-Exchange had a whole write up describing how the fall out happened, but that is for us old school MW members/lurkers to recall. This of course all pre-dates the Toyfair "Sunwards(?)" affair.

I think you're thinking of George Sohn, who used to work with Toycom/Yamato and now is Toynami - not Steve Yun, who is the webmaster at Robotech.com.

Tense days they were indeed.

Lonely Soldier Boy, I keep meaning to ask you, is your avatar supposed to be an elephant wearing powered armor?

Very funny. No. it's a design of my own. I´m too shy to show the full version, but to put an end to the speculation here it is.

Please be kind, all of you, it's my firs time at MW.

That's beautiful, LSB. I remember when you said it was your design and I believed it. For some reason I thought it was some kind of Mammoth-like Zoid, but the full version blows me away. Who are your influences. Maybe you should post it at the Fanart section so we can discuss it fully. Thanks for sharing...

Oh who's the guy? Looks like River Phoenix.

Lonely Soldier Boy, I keep meaning to ask you, is your avatar supposed to be an elephant wearing powered armor?

Very funny. No. it's a design of my own. I´m too shy to show the full version, but to put an end to the speculation here it is.

Please be kind, all of you, it's my firs time at MW.

That is a very cool design man,,,Kudos :)B))

Are you kidding me LSB?? That is amazing art work.... I hope you won't be too shy when someone offers you some real money for your artistic skill, and creativity... Really nice design. ;):D

Graham: I'm sure you are not able to tell us why Yamato has shut you out... But is there any info you CAN give about your relationship with them? I would hate to think that you lost your status with them because of us spilling too much information around here.

Edited by rocco_77

Oh who's the guy? Looks like River Phoenix.

Lonely Soldier Boy

Er... It IS River Phoenix. It suits the main character so well that I decided to hire him "post mortem". I hope the family don't sue me for this :unsure:

I think I'll post it at the fan art section before the moderators kicks me off.

The mecha is a power suit 'bout three meters high. My main influences are Shirow's Landmates, real life tanks and Macross of course! :)

I hope you won't be too shy when someone offers you some real money for your skills... 

For some reason somebody is already paying me real money as a comic artist, but I alway feel insecure when it comes to my own hellspawns. Hopefully I'll direct my own anime some day featuring lots and lots of armors like this shooting each other. That's my dream. :rolleyes:

Shy about what?!?! Damn!! Now how about some more!!

I remember when you kicked me that VF-X wallpaper you mentioned you have some stuff...you really should get it out to humble all of us! :D

BTW, key word is that it is "based" on Mr. Phoenix. ;)

BTW, key word is that it is "based" on Mr. Phoenix. 

Ha! You're right!

I'm posting this at the fan art section so we can move the discussion from here. The Yamato Konig Monster must be jealous ;)

Nah, that'd be like saying that the Yeti gets jealous when people are discussing Nessie. :p

Awesome artwork there btw,

Fort Max

That is some nice work you did, LSB! It's like a professional illustration in RPG books!

I hope you won't be too shy when someone offers you some real money for your skills...  

For some reason somebody is already paying me real money as a comic artist, but I alway feel insecure when it comes to my own hellspawns. Hopefully I'll direct my own anime some day featuring lots and lots of armors like this shooting each other. That's my dream. :rolleyes:

And THAT's a good dream. May it be realised!

Actually from your avatar, I thought it was the ABC robot from Judge Dreadd.

....this isn't Macrossworld anymore, It's Bitchandspeculatewildlyworld now.

:lol::lol::lol: Btw, about those ugly feet of that fugly samurai robot thingie, the reason why I didn't comment on it is because I believed you.

I love the drawing LSB but to get this more on topic I just found the pics I was looking for. Did Shawn put these back up? Why didn't I see them before? Anyways I was wrong about something. I have heard of one of the kit builders aside from I.H.P. I'm also familiar with L-Trans-R. He entered the Yellow Sub/Studio Half Eye contest as well. The other kit maker was CHRIS. And the pics that have been show here as a Studio Half Eye kit are his. Here are all three of the 1:144 VB-6 kits:

dhjan2001macrosstheforefrontpage3.jpg

dhjan2001macrosstheforefrontpage2.jpg

I first heard of this contest back in August 2000. Here is the article from the August 2000 Dengeki Hobby:

dh_aug2000a2.jpg

There was also a picece in the September issue:

dh_sep2000a1.jpg

And the October issue:

dh_10_20002.jpg

I don't believe there was anything in the November issue but it was back again in the December issue:

dh_dec20002.jpg

And the pictures posted above of the essentially complete kits was from the January issue. I have no idea why things fell apart at this point but the 1:144 kit never became a reality. If anyone knows the rest of the story I'd love to hear it.

Later,

Carl

Edited by wwwmwww