Perfect Grade Gundams

Tiny

Does any of you has this item and if so is it any good :

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?BAN33813

Used to have it, till mom figured I was too old for Gundam and tossed it... along with all my Gundam design books, HG models, and a half-completed MG ZZ.... grrr..... well, that was way back in high school... starting to rebuild now =)

Anyhow... like the description says, it's half-toy, half-model. As a toy, it's very detailed, well articulated (although you won't see individual finger joints a-la the PG Zeta), and fun to pose. As a model though, it's a tad bit underwhelming... not enough detail. For a while though, it was the best thing sitting on my shelf.

The F91 comes with beam shield, dual sabers, rifle, two back-mounted rifles, and a large cannon. The face plate can be changed, depending on which mode you want it in. Fins deploy from the shoulders (manually...) and calves (spring loaded =).

Damn... talking about it makes me want it again, if only for the good memories...

The articulation leaves much to be desired when compared to today's Gundam toys, even in the similar scale (the DX ones like the GP01Fb, GP02A, Nu and Sazabi). I am referring specifically to the arms, which is unable to hold the beam bazooka in a convincing shooting pose. The quality of the plastic used, however, is much better by comparison.

It also comes with 2 scaled figures of Seabook and Cecily, and the cockpit door opens. Built-in springs in the calves allow the fins to pop into open position when the feet are pressed against a flat surface. This gimmick was later ripped off and used in the New Material Model of Turn-A Gundam.

The shoulder fins are for heat radiation and do not deploy as weapons, BTW.

I think the Wing Zero Custom been done, but the Wing Gundam kai version would be nice. So as the Ex-S.

If you're talking about the one that was a Fix figure, they're making that into a 1/100 MG model. :) Which I might get later on.

It's already out, and doesn't look like they even bothered to address the back-heaviness issue. Damn thing cannot even stand upstraight and has to be put into awkward "pelvis out" pose in order to stand up. Thumbs way down on.

post-26-1080250566_thumb.jpg

I also mentioned this too. I hope they make a PG version of it too.

http://www.bandai-asia.com/gundam/products...-0011/big00.jpg

In our dream:

PG Ex-S Gundam => the most expensive Gundam model ever... :D

In real world:

Bandai will not release anymore unrealistic/unprofitable model because of the poor sales of HGUC GP-03.

Edited by ogami

In our dream:

In real world:

Bandai will not release anymore unrealistic/unprofitable model because of the poor sales of HGUC GP-03.

Didn't many of the Sentinel MGs come out after the release of the HGUC GP03D? Heck, they even released a GFF Deep Striker, that thing's got practically zero articulation yet cost nearly half the MSRP of the HGUC Dendrobium.

Bandai will release unrealistic/unprofitable model because it's Gundam and not Macross. :p

In our dream:

Not if you can afford it. ;):p

Wrong, the most expensive PG Gundam model, would be the dendrobium ;)

I can't stand about 98% of gundam designs. ( Mermaid Gundam, anyone?) But that 2% or so is fairly kickin'.

I tend not to care for the really complicated designs. Usually I prefer mechs that are simple and elegant. Designed toward a single philosophy. Like the MKII, or the Nu.

The MKII is indeed a really nice PG. Goes together easily with a fantastic and solid final product.

A PG Jegan would be awesome. Fairly large as well.

PG Labors is a fantastic idea. The detail in those designs just screams for a PG style treatment. What scale would those be in though? 1/24th?

PG Votoms might be neat.

Unfortunately, the future of PG kits in the real world is likely a short one.

MSN-04 SAZABI.

I don't normally buy Gundam Kits and dont have a single PG but if they did a Sazabi I would buy it. Kaempfer and Rick Dom I would consider.

Those are great choices. Great Zeon designs. The Sazabi would be frickin' huge though. About 18 inches tall and almost 12 inches wide. I shudder to think how mush such a thing might cost.

It's already out, and doesn't look like they even bothered to address the back-heaviness issue.  Damn thing cannot even stand upstraight and has to be put into awkward "pelvis out" pose in order to stand up.  Thumbs way down on.

The pose in that picture was not for the back heavy wings. The guy put it in that pose because he liked it that way.

I can't wait to get mine. It's the closest to a perfect MG kit as I've seen from pictures. I'll confirm it once mine gets to me.

PS: If there's a model of Ball ever made, I hope it's CORE industries' KB-79 Killer Ball:

KillerBall.jpg

Edited by Stamen0083