Batman Begins !

• 1 month later...

For those who picked up the 2-disc Deluxe Edition DVD, here's a brief walkthrough of disc 2, which is pretty difficult to navigate.

Page 1

Press the DOWN D-pad to highlight the scattered debris to access Batman: The Journey Begins, a documentary on the making of the movie.

Page 2

Press the DOWN D-pad to highlight the crack on the wall to access an interview with writer David S. Goyer.

Page 3

Press the DOWN D-pad to highlight Batman to access Cape and Cowl, the making of the Batsuit.

Page 4

Press the DOWN D-pad to highlight Scarecrow's eyes on the second panel to access a comparison between a live Batman double and a digital version on the scene where he scales down Arkham Asylum.

Page 5

No Access...yet.

Page 6

Press the DOWN D-pad to highlight the building behind Batman on the third panel to access Gotham City Rises, a look at the making of Bruce's hometown. From there, press the LEFT D-pad to highlight CAPE to access a description of the Memory Fabric Cape. Press the DOWN D-pad to highlight UTILITY BELT to access a description of the belt and other weapons.

Page 7

Press the LEFT D-pad twice to highlight BODY ARMOR to access a description of the armor. From there, press the DOWN D-pad to highlight the reflection of Batman to access various test shots of the Tumbler and the Batsuit. From that point, press the RIGHT D-pad to highlight TUMBLER to access a description of the new Batmobile.

Page 8

Highlight SCARECROW, RA'S AL GHUL or CARMINE FALCONE to access individual villain files. Highlight Ducard to access Path to Discovery, a documentary of the character development of the film.

Page 9

No Access...yet.

Page 10

Highlight Batman on the first panel to access Shaping Mind and Body, an interview with Christian Bale. Highlight GORDON or RACHEL to access their files.

Page 11

Highlight RIPPED FROM THE PAGES to access Genesis of the Bat, a transition from comics to film featuring interviews with the staff. Highlight A JUNGIAN ARCHETYPE COMES TO LIFE... to access the Art Gallery, featuring all the movie posters. Highlight NONE OF IT IS REAL to access Ducard's file.

Page 12

Highlight LUCIUS FOX to access his file.

Page 13

Highlight ALFRED to access his file. Highlight the Tumbler to access Batman - The Tumbler, a documentary on the new Batmobile.

Also, if you missed this year's MTV Movie Awards, Disc 1 has Tankman Begins, a spoof on the Tumbler's chase scene featuring Jimmy Fallon, Andy Dick and Jon "Napoleon Dynamite" Heder. :lol:

For those who picked up the 2-disc Deluxe Edition DVD, here's a brief walkthrough of disc 2, which is pretty difficult to navigate.

Page 1

Press the DOWN D-pad to highlight the scattered debris to access Batman: The Journey Begins, a documentary on the making of the movie.

Page 2

Press the DOWN D-pad to highlight the crack on the wall to access an interview with writer David S. Goyer.

Page 3

Press the DOWN D-pad to highlight Batman to access Cape and Cowl, the making of the Batsuit.

Page 4

Press the DOWN D-pad to highlight Scarecrow's eyes on the second panel to access a comparison between a live Batman double and a digital version on the scene where he scales down Arkham Asylum.

Page 5

No Access...yet.

Page 6

Press the DOWN D-pad to highlight the building behind Batman on the third panel to access Gotham City Rises, a look at the making of Bruce's hometown. From there, press the LEFT D-pad to highlight CAPE to access a description of the Memory Fabric Cape. Press the DOWN D-pad to highlight UTILITY BELT to access a description of the belt and other weapons.

Page 7

Press the LEFT D-pad twice to highlight BODY ARMOR to access a description of the armor. From there, press the DOWN D-pad to highlight the reflection of Batman to access various test shots of the Tumbler and the Batsuit. From that point, press the RIGHT D-pad to highlight TUMBLER to access a description of the new Batmobile.

Page 8

Highlight SCARECROW, RA'S AL GHUL or CARMINE FALCONE to access individual villain files. Highlight Ducard to access Path to Discovery, a documentary of the character development of the film.

Page 9

No Access...yet.

Page 10

Highlight Batman on the first panel to access Shaping Mind and Body, an interview with Christian Bale. Highlight GORDON or RACHEL to access their files.

Page 11

Highlight RIPPED FROM THE PAGES to access Genesis of the Bat, a transition from comics to film featuring interviews with the staff. Highlight A JUNGIAN ARCHETYPE COMES TO LIFE... to access the Art Gallery, featuring all the movie posters. Highlight NONE OF IT IS REAL to access Ducard's file.

Page 12

Highlight LUCIUS FOX to access his file.

Page 13

Highlight ALFRED to access his file. Highlight the Tumbler to access Batman - The Tumbler, a documentary on the new Batmobile.

Also, if you missed this year's MTV Movie Awards, Disc 1 has Tankman Begins, a spoof on the Tumbler's chase scene featuring Jimmy Fallon, Andy Dick and Jon "Napoleon Dynamite" Heder. :lol:

337948[/snapback]

hey Seven: You can do all that OR at the very last menu on that dvd is a Direct link to each feature on the DVD.. a by name listing if you will with out all that tedious mucking about in the Comic Menus which are a b1tch I agree.

hey Seven: You can do all that OR at the very last menu on that dvd is a Direct link to each feature on the DVD.. a by name listing if you will with out all that tedious mucking about in the Comic Menus which are a b1tch I agree.

337957[/snapback]

...Which is what I did instead of wasting time with the comic menu. I didn't even bother with the comic....

...Which is what I did instead of wasting time with the comic menu. I didn't even bother with the comic....

Ditto. It should be manditory all DVDs with tons of extra have an index feature.

I bought the regular edition, and used the extra money saved towards Land of the Dead. I'm more careful now about special editions. I very rarely actually watch the extra stuff, so buying SE's all the time in a way was throwing money away. I used to buy the SE by default. Now I look more carefully and see if the extras interest me enough. In Batman's case the regular edition was enough.

I bought the regular edition, and used the extra money saved towards Land of the Dead.  I'm more careful now about special editions.  I very rarely actually watch the extra stuff, so buying SE's all the time in a way was throwing money away.  I used to buy the SE by default.  Now I look more carefully and see if the extras interest me enough.  In Batman's case the regular edition was enough.

338204[/snapback]

Dude the SE version of Begins had Tank Man just Tankin Around :lol:

The comic wasnt that bad just a reprint of The Stories that inspired the Movie

The only reason I got the Deluxe edition was because I got an offer for it at the price of the widescreen edition off Amazon.com. :)

338252[/snapback]

same here... I had to buy another item so I can get the free shipping. The funny thing was they sent me only the BB DVD. Where the heck are my Serenity and BSG books? Damn Amazon. :p

Picked it up today...was looking for the regular edition but...none anywhere so I wound up with the special for $3 more. The comic is nothing to me, as I'm not a comic person and I only want the specials of films I really want. Oh well.

The only reason I got the Deluxe edition was because I got an offer for it at the price of the widescreen edition off Amazon.com. :)

338252[/snapback]

same here... I had to buy another item so I can get the free shipping. The funny thing was they sent me only the BB DVD. Where the heck are my Serenity and BSG books? Damn Amazon. :p

338282[/snapback]

They're at nerd camp. =P

338252[/snapback]

338282[/snapback]

They're at nerd camp. =P

338469[/snapback]

bastid! Well now that I read that over, it is pretty geeky...

dammit, I've been bobe-patted and all I got was a lousy T-shirt!

337957[/snapback]

Yes, but did you get all of the Easter Eggs in the disc? And was it necessary to quote my entire post?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Batman Hits Australia for Villains?

The sequel to Batman Begins could become an Australian affair now that Hugo Weaving and Hugh Jackman are in the running to play villains. The two Aussie movie stars are the latest names linked to play The Joker and Harvey 'Two Face' Dent in the upcoming superhero adventure, according to moviehole.net. Producers are yet to nail down a firm list of candidates for Two-Face, but Firewall star Paul Bettany and another Aussie, Lachy Hulme, are reportedly being considered for the role of The Joker.

http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2006-02-21/