List the most ugliest Transformer toys out there?

I always wonder why can't the toy for Ironhide to look like in the cartoon series?

It look so different and ugly...

Thanks RC...I forgot about Ratchet and Ironhide! :) I remember getting the toys when I was little and wondering where the heads were.... :p

I hope they show up in some form in the Alternators line. I don't care what vehicle form they take but it would be nice to have tv accurate head sculpts.

I always wonder why can't the toy for Ironhide to look like in the cartoon series?

Because diaclone came 1st, then the TFer cartoon. I always wondered why the animaters didn't make them look more like the diaclones they were based off of :p

Eh... it's just too hard to be fair in judging them.

The G1 toys often looked nothing like the cartoon, had limited articulation, etc... they were a product of their time, they are made of die-cast... but they can't really hold up to toy standards of today - except in nostaligic value.

Everything after... pretty much sucks, to me, the kid that grew up with G1.

Beast Wars were okay... but I don't really like the robot designs... and very plasticky. All the Armada & Energon is too kiddy, etc.

To be honest, I think the new Binaltech and Masterpiece toys are the only thing I've been remotely interested in, from and old fan's perspective.

Something about a toy series with this many incarnations... it's just too difficult to be objective.

I don't know why people like that Ultra Jetstorm. Nasty piece of plastic.

Yeah, I never understood that either, Ugly mold with about a million even uglier repaints.

Thanks RC...I forgot about Ratchet and Ironhide! :) I remember getting the toys when I was little and wondering where the heads were.... :p

I hope they show up in some form in the Alternators line. I don't care what vehicle form they take but it would be nice to have tv accurate head sculpts.

If you put a Diaclone driver in to Ironhide/Ratchet, they suddenly look very cool.

post-26-1079810930.jpg

My picks for ugliest TF's: 99.9% of the Armada & Energon lines

amin brother , my god they have to smoken some serious crack maybe coke to be producing that stuff . how can the compnay let them get away with prodcing this crap. amazing

Edited by moose

Eh... it's just too hard to be fair in judging them.

The G1 toys often looked nothing like the cartoon, had limited articulation, etc... they were a product of their time, they are made of die-cast... but they can't really hold up to toy standards of today - except in nostaligic value.

Everything after... pretty much sucks, to me, the kid that grew up with G1.

Beast Wars were okay... but I don't really like the robot designs... and very plasticky. All the Armada & Energon is too kiddy, etc.

To be honest, I think the new Binaltech and Masterpiece toys are the only thing I've been remotely interested in, from and old fan's perspective.

Something about a toy series with this many incarnations... it's just too difficult to be objective.

You feel the same way about Soundwave and his cassettes?

You guys are insane. As far as toys go, the newer lines if Transformers(Including Beast Wars) are FAR superior to the old toys. Nostalgia clouds crap more than the dark side. Maybe its because of the lack of charismatic characters behind the toys.

They try too hard to associate it with the old series. When I see Rodimus/Primal/Armada Prime/RiD Prime I see someone trying to be G1 Optimus Prime. I think Transformers should abandon the references to the G1 show(or keep them to a minimum) and try a fresh start with characters that aren't lame versions of old ones.

Galvatron, now that toy just looks bad, not even near to the cartoon look. But I hope tha one day Galvatron gets the Masterpeirce treatment.

I always wanted a Galvatron that could angle up in "cannon" mode like he did when he blasted starscream. :lol:

Let's not forget nosecone.

Computron looked pretty good though.

G1 Jetfire  :p

How can you say that G1 Jetfire is ugly?? It's arguably one of the best G1 out there. I can easily think of a dozen TF's that are much worse.

I do believe that was a joke... :rolleyes:

Anyways, my vote for ugliest?

For some reason, Motormaster from the Stunticons line never really did it fot me.

And if there was a contest for ugliest Transformer in terms of box art, I think he'd also be one of the ones at the top of the list. ;)

post-26-1079935960.jpg

You guys are insane. As far as toys go, the newer lines if Transformers(Including Beast Wars) are FAR superior to the old toys. Nostalgia clouds crap more than the dark side. Maybe its because of the lack of charismatic characters behind the toys.

They try too hard to associate it with the old series. When I see Rodimus/Primal/Armada Prime/RiD Prime I see someone trying to be G1 Optimus Prime. I think Transformers should abandon the references to the G1 show(or keep them to a minimum) and try a fresh start with characters that aren't lame versions of old ones.

Your somewhat correct, but the quality? God, I was at Target tonight and I was REALLY disgusted with the quality of those new Energon/Universe/Alternator TF's. Sure, they might have better transformation, but they're sooo cheap! Nothing's better than the old G1 toys. Hell, I'd take Broadside over alot of those newer TF toys.

Then again, what do you expect from toys priced at $9.99 to $20.00. The G1 TF's priced at $30+ and above MISB.

G1 Jetfire   :p

How can you say that G1 Jetfire is ugly?? It's arguably one of the best G1 out there. I can easily think of a dozen TF's that are much worse.

Amen!

The TF's to get were Optimus, Soundwave and his tapes, ugly Megatron, The Dinobots, Shockwave, Seekers, Omega Supreme, Devastator, G1 Diecast cars, Reflector, and especially Jetfire!

Jetfire was awesome because:

#1 Big boy toy...really big.

#2 One of the best transforming articulation toys in G1 (Sounwave ranks up there)

#3 His box and the way his accesories were displayed..ultra cool!

#4 resembled an F-14 Tomcat opposite the F-15 Decepticon seekers.

#5 Finally, an Autobot that could fly rings around Air Commader Starscream.

#6 He was a Bandai Valkyrie with fast packs.

#7 He justs look cool okay?

Edited by SupremeKaioshin