1/48 Fast pack pics and mini review

twinmoons

Holy crap does that thing look cool wearing all of that stuff. I just lowered the shelf mine sit on so the strike cannon will fit. :D I've got two paid for and all there is to do now is endure the eternity before they arrive in my grubby little hands ...

<_<

These are definitely getting used! .bud.jpg

I don't have a decent photoshop program so I apologize for the poor quality. I think the Low-Vis specific FAST packs should match the light blue trim of the Low-Vis VF-1A:

1060445508412_lowvis_grey_640.jpg

Can someone do it better for me, please? I'd really like to see a decent pic matching the blue trim.

Edited by Sephiroth

I like it in that color. I think the LW packs would look good in the same color as the LV istelf, though, in keeping with the realistic scheme. Maybe the armor would match the LV color, and the packs would be white. It's just that the real FPs on the F-15 are the F-15 body color.

Maybe there won't be LV packs, though. At 15,000 each, there are already 75,000 confirmed 1/48s in normal colors, but, what, only 10,00 LVs, ever.

Gosh, those pics are so tempting....my poor poor wallet...Lemme see books and tuition or FPs?...looks like I'll be photocopying some pages from classmates for a while.. :p

Thanks for the pics and the mini review. Are the Hayoa Kakizake decals really that dark green, or is it the lighting? I always thought Kakizake's plane had a light greenish/blue color, those decals look almost forrest green.

armor06.jpg

They come with Kakizake stickers??? Did I miss something? Does that mean he's getting an official release?

Thought: The low-vis is pretty clearly an atmospheric paint scheme, as space is NOT gray(not that bright white is exactly the best choice...).

It stands to reason that there wouldn't be low-vis FAST packs, as they wouldn't be low-vis if they matched the plane.

Having said that, they look pretty good. :)

Excellent pix! I can't wait to get a set!

Normally I don't dig the blue DYRL?-style colouring, prefering the greenish TV style... however, surprisingly, the stock blue doesn't look half bad with the low viz valk! I'll probably still customize 'em; but 'til I get around to it, the stock colour will do! :D

Edited by Amped